PDA

View Full Version : Matrix matinence

coolcatpete
07-01-2004, 12:09 PM
So what do I have to do to keep my trixy running as sweet as possible?
Pete

Torbo
07-01-2004, 12:53 PM
take out the entire bolt kit. wipe off all the grease with a cloth. regrease every o-ring. Put it all back together (correctly) Once youve done that, you have to reset the lpr. to do that, turn down your inline all the way, to the point where no air is getting though. Screw your lpr all the way in. turn up the inline SLOWLY till it starts to shoot and sound fine. Then adjust your lpr to the point where it shops shooting correctly, then give it about half a turn in. Adjust your velocity with the inline, and youre set.

Im not exactly sure how often you should grease, my teammates with trixxes do it every 4 cases or so.

LittlePaintballBoy
07-01-2004, 12:56 PM
You are actually supposed to do it every 2 cases (yeah right, like anyone who shoots more than two cases is going to stop in the middle of the day and grease their gun) but do it after every time you play and it will be running great. I suggest battle lube for the grease, it works great.

magman007
07-01-2004, 01:04 PM
i just regrease after every day of play, but thats cuz im anal retentive. If you really dont want to grease much, then i reccomend buying some slickhoney. Its ULTRA slick, and will allow you to run your lpr lower, once you regrease your bolt and your lpr.

DONT touch your inline if it is already set and working. To reset your lpr, turn it all the way in, then back it out till you se velocity fluctuations, then turn it in 1/2 of a turn, and set it. Slick honey is godly, and evry one will reccomend it to you.

you can get some at. www.bikeman.com

if you have any trix questions, just ask, or get me on aim. Glad i could help

TheDoveDecends
07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
yep.. lube lube and more lube. :)

I try to lube mine after every day of play.. always keep it running perfect.

brtncstm160
07-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Definetly lube it after at least two cases of paint i myself lube it after everyday of use. Some good lubes are matrix muck and i believe its the cinnamon stuff at compulsive, evolve makes it i think. lubing and setting your lpr are the biggest things you can do to make your matrix run great. There are a lot of threads at www.matrixowner.com that will tell you all of this, its a great resource if you dont know a whole lot about trixes.

JJ

C_22
07-01-2004, 05:38 PM
I lub mine about every 5,000 cycles or so. Just grease the o-rings and apply a little extra grease in the top hat & bolt. Battlelube works great.