PDA

View Full Version : SYDARMS: You want it, now get it!!!

AGDJon
07-01-2004, 03:41 PM
For a limited time only!!!

We have brought back the Sydarm. But once these are gone, that may be for good.

Take advantage of it. MSRP is only $425.00 (or whatever it is listed on the site)

If you will be paying by Credit Card (Visa or MC only) please order through the online store. If you wish to pay via COD Cashier's check or money order, please call the front office.

Get it before it is gone........

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=380&categoryID=84

TeamNausea
07-01-2004, 03:45 PM
awesome

mcdkid
07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
must buy... must buy... must get better payin job... must buy... must buy...

is the body polished? hard to tell by pic

barrel break
07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
good god man! bring ing something like this back at a time when ive actually got money!?!?! A pox on your head! :D

GrasshoppaLPhiE
07-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Besides the tac-rail, is there any difference between these and the older sydarms? (such as a newer valve?)

_tMAN
07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Man it's either this or a Tac-One :D
I need a better job

sgt_easton
07-01-2004, 04:33 PM
$425 for an eight shot pistol?

Absolutely ridiculous price. I didn't even believe the number the first time I read it.

Josh2Xtremes
07-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Gee, I wonder who, in this thread, has NO idea what it takes to build and create a Sydarm. ;)

Nice to see a piece as coveted and legendary as the Sydarm back on the market, at least for a little while.
Josh

Shives
07-01-2004, 04:51 PM
I need to know what the difference is w/ the new model. It says the rail is different, but how? Is an upgrade from the old model possible?

Shives

BobTheCow
07-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Holy bejeezes!! /me needs $300!!!! :eek:

Dayspring
07-01-2004, 05:00 PM
They're using an RT Pro/Emag rail on it.

That's the only difference.

mcveighr
07-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Approx. how long are these going to be availiable?

I couldn't decide between RT ULE and Tac One, this didn't help.

Chronobreak
07-01-2004, 05:08 PM
wow i thought this day would NEVER come! :dance: :dance: :dance:

PsychoBaller
07-01-2004, 05:11 PM
If i had an extra $425, and was a collecter of things... and could justify spending it, i woudl definately pick one up... but currently my $$ gong towards a Cyborg when funds are finally here.

But anyways... I wish I had a pair of Dual Sydarms, that would be pimp.

-baller

Target Practice
07-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Bah, must...pay...rent...!

sgt_easton
07-01-2004, 05:13 PM
I'm sure the marker is of the highest quality, and lives up to the name of AGD. It's probably dependable and accurate.

I just think $425 is an absurd price for a pistol. No one in my group will buy this, and the reason will solely be the price. If it sold for under $200, maybe I'd give it a try. Maybe.

Doobie
07-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Some don't get it and that just means more for me!! :D

I have to get one so I can show Trina where the safety is!!! :rofl:

BobTheCow
07-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Josh does have a point though. Sydarms are easily one of the best pistols out there, and rather complex and expensive because of it. Thus, why they stopped producing and maintenancing them. Plus, he used a winky face... ;)

Doobie
07-01-2004, 05:27 PM
true...the winky face does negate all hostility... ;)

Lohman446
07-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Already bought - I ordered this run before all you all. In Chicago last week when they were hinted at. Awesome too I love the polished. Mines already here... maybe I need two

GT
07-01-2004, 05:40 PM
There is a reason this is only posted on AO, for those who truly know its value.

BobTheCow
07-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Gee, let's try to taunt and brag just a LITTLE more, there, buddy!! :p

PaintballSmurf13
07-01-2004, 05:44 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I MUST HAVE ONE!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :wow: :wow: ...i hope i can save up the money quick enough...
-RYan :headbang:

bleachit
07-01-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm in his "group" and I know that those are hard to come by. From what I have seen $425 for a new one is not a bad deal. sorry easton

besides, its lookin pretty sweet with that new rail.

kopfjaeger
07-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Are these polished or grey?

Lohman446
07-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Shiney /me just stares at one Shiney :D

Magglerock
07-01-2004, 06:14 PM
The guy has a right to voice a legitimate opinion. $425 for something that is nothing more than a novelty (it has no use on a paintball field) is rediculous.

sgt_easton
07-01-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm in his "group" and I know that those are hard to come by. From what I have seen $425 for a new one is not a bad deal. sorry easton

besides, its lookin pretty sweet with that new rail.

But you're still not going to buy one (he just said that to me over the phone.)

ALL I AM SAYING is that it's too expensive for a lot of people's tastes. The number sold will confirm this. By saying "no one in my group will by this" I am trying to make an example out of 20 different people I know that play paintball. I don't give a "poop" about your group either. But that's beside the point.

Once again, I honestly like the gun, just not it's price tag. Again, I would consider buying it if it was cheaper.

I am curious what the "limited number" is, also. This obviously restricts the number sold.

Will Wood
07-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Easton.. no one really cares that you don't like the price tag on this. It is a high price indeed. If dye was selling this same thing it would probably be for 800.

What I'm saying is.. no it's probably not "worth" the price tag. But people are going to buy it anyways. Get over it.

BobTheCow
07-01-2004, 07:25 PM
For the few people who have asked, the store page says that it's polished.

Lohman446
07-01-2004, 07:35 PM
They are expensive - I will give you that right up.

But to me, they are the best semi-auto pistol made, I have one, I want a second (maybe later this month, I just bought an Angel and just got my first one). For those of us wanting a pistol, or two, to fool around with.. this is what I think is the best out there. Besides its a mag.

rkjunior303
07-01-2004, 08:08 PM
not to mention, most of the price is the valve alone.... I mean, c'mon.. you're pretty much getting a mag...

Someone should put a x-valve and an ULT in one of these things ;)

*edit*nevermind... an x-valve can't use co2.. dur.. lol

Lohman446
07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
not to mention, most of the price is the valve alone.... I mean, c'mon.. you're pretty much getting a mag...

Someone should put a x-valve and an ULT in one of these things ;)

*edit*nevermind... an x-valve can't use co2.. dur.. lol

Considered it - CO2 powered though

Its like this - I dont like SP, I dont buy there products for a reason you may not understand my money my vote.

For those of you that dont like the price, don't buy it - your money, your choice.

For me though to have a marker noone around me has, is just cool... and Im going to go play a wild west scenario game later this month.. guess what marker Im using.. I need a second.

Load SM5
07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Jon buy me one...it was my birthday last weekend you know!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'd give my spleen to have one of these. They're too much fun to play with. :shooting:

Everyone else, lighten up and cool down....

BobTheCow
07-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I'd give my spleen to have one of these. They're too much fun to play with. :shooting:So much fun, in fact, they have their own damn smiley!!

:)

Brophog
07-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Any official reason for the limited run?

I'll help get the word out on these. I know of several people who are tired of the standard semi pistol.

AGDlover
07-01-2004, 09:01 PM
HOLY *POOF* :wow: i would get one but i just got a four wheeler :cry:

*WATCH THE CUSSING*

1stdeadeye
07-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Where is my credit card???? :confused:

Muzikman
07-01-2004, 09:10 PM
This actually upsets me, and I know one other person that feels the same way. Some of us have spent some serious money on Sydarms in the past because "you could not get them". I bought it as a colectors item, I paid more than $425 for mine. Now, mine has just been devalued to less than $425.

As for the people that say they are the best semi-auto pistol out there...think again. It's a Mag, it runs on 12gram CO2...it's not that great. For $425 if you want a pistol that performs, buy a Squall or a Nano-cocker.

atm743
07-01-2004, 09:19 PM
wow wow wow and wow :wow: now i hate my self. i whould of never got a e-mag. i whould get that then jest get a rt pro or something. darn well how many do you have befor they are gone
??

cphilip
07-01-2004, 09:38 PM
I cleaned all the flamming. If it starts again this post gets locked down.

I agree with Muzik though...

CRySyS
07-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Please please please please please please tell me the body is cut out for a pump kit!

For the love of god and all that is holy to you and yours the body must be cut out for a pump kit!

So is it? ;)

If so, how about the rail? :D

spacedtedybear
07-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Ok..... I think I'm gonna sell my Emag now.

GrasshoppaLPhiE
07-01-2004, 10:32 PM
I agree with Muzik as well.... in fact, I just bought mine the other day. :cry: I had the mother of all hissy fits :cuss: at work today because of this. Oh well...

xmetal2001
07-01-2004, 11:03 PM
This actually upsets me, and I know one other person that feels the same way. Some of us have spent some serious money on Sydarms in the past because "you could not get them". I bought it as a colectors item, I paid more than $425 for mine. Now, mine has just been devalued to less than $425.

As for the people that say they are the best semi-auto pistol out there...think again. It's a Mag, it runs on 12gram CO2...it's not that great. For $425 if you want a pistol that performs, buy a Squall or a Nano-cocker.

I don't own one, but thats the first thought that popped into my head.

Hey, atleast you have an original, that must mean something.

Brophog
07-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Hopefully Tom reads this:

This is just a thought, and as I said earlier, I don't know the reason for the limited run, but this has people excited.

If you really want to concentrate on the scenario side, this is the type of thing to offer them. Lots of scenario guys are infatuated with pistols, but can't stand the usual blowback style that is commonly offered.

TeamNausea
07-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Yeah muz ull have the original not the new stuff.

Muzikman
07-02-2004, 12:16 AM
The only thing that is different is the rail and the S/N. So, what's the different in it being "original". I can see if they were making the serial numbers different or something...but the one person I know bought one has SY008xx. So sure mine is SY00101, but still nothing special.

I also wonder if Tom is gonna sell parts. For one, the valve orings...

Digits
07-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Easton.. no one really cares that you don't like the price tag on this. It is a high price indeed. If dye was selling this same thing it would probably be for 800.

What I'm saying is.. no it's probably not "worth" the price tag. But people are going to buy it anyways. Get over it.

No one would ever pay 425 for a DYE pistol.. The reason AGD can get away with such a high price is because it's such a high quality pistol..

I guess if you were big into scenerios and such, then this could be a justified buy.. I think its more of a novelty than anything though..

And the reason they only post it on AO is because AO is really the only forum where there are a large number of woods/scenario ballers who may find this intreuging :P

ScatterPlot
07-02-2004, 01:32 AM
I have but one thing to say to this-

:dance:

I wish I had 2 so I could do this- :shooting:
But alas, I will only have a chance of getting but one. To those of you who say the price is bad, you don't know why anyone would want one of these. Use? Kinda. Cool factor of owning some serious rareness? Oh yeah.

Paul La Rue
07-02-2004, 01:34 AM
I have wanted one of these for the last 12 years.
Now I'm just trying to figure out if it's excessive to pick up a center feed Freak barrel with a micro tip...

Carbon
07-02-2004, 05:24 AM
Eh... that price is a rather ridiculous price for pistol if you ask me. What is it really? a 10 shot classic mag.

It seems liike AGD is capitalizing the collectors niche to me. That all fine and dandy, AGD recognizes there are people willing to pay for it. Sometimes nostalgia is expensive.

edweird
07-02-2004, 05:28 AM
Yall just have no concept what goes into these things.... Not everything can be pour molded outta pot metal and painted like a Tippy 98. Sheesh ppl have no respect for a work of art.

I own mine and noone is gonna pry it outta my cold dead hands.

AGD-OfficeGal
07-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Differences from old model: The mainbody is polished, and the rail is the wingless Tac rail.

More have been put on the store.

Mother of Dragons

Doobie
07-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Two on the way!!! :shooting: John woo style baby!!!!

ok...one's for Trina. But still... :cool:

DiRTyBuNNy
07-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Differences from old model: The mainbody is polished, and the rail is the wingless Tac rail.

More have been put on the store.

Mother of Dragons

any idea on how many are left? (just for FYI's sake, of course)

AGDJon
07-02-2004, 02:35 PM
I personally estimate that it will be gone over the weekend. More than half is already sold I believe but this is my personal outlook. The front office will have exact totals. My Gawd, we only released these yesterday...

Evil Bob
07-02-2004, 02:53 PM
People been trying to get a hold of these babies for years, ever since they ere for law enforcement only. I know of lots of scenario guys who would like nothing more then a good solid reliatble pistol at their side as a backup for when their tanks run dry or their batteries fail. 8 shots is still better then none.

-Evil Bob

PaintballSmurf13
07-02-2004, 04:03 PM
I hope I get a chance to save up for one, because sometimes things in the AGD store go POOF really quickly and are gone for awhile. I'd pay the price because I have wanted one for years and it's AGD so it's a QUALITY paintball pistol :clap:, which are few and far between. Since it has the tac body rail, that means that you have the rail to mount accessories, right? :confused:
-RYan :headbang:
2 would be sweet so i can -> :shooting:

P8ntBallBoom
07-02-2004, 04:38 PM
For the few people who have asked, the store page says that it's polished.

^^^^^^^ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ^^^^^^^^^

Anyways. Yes, it is a bit pricey. But guess what. People are going to buy it like said before. If I had the money, I probably would buy one. Its a cool thing to mess around with. And there are still people who go around using pistols. You'll be the envy of every pistol shooter with this baby.

IMO

Hoen

BobTheCow
07-02-2004, 05:01 PM
^^^^^^^ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ^^^^^^^^^I'm confused... :confused: What was stupid about what I said?

Roca Z4
07-02-2004, 09:21 PM
I love it..

I remember seeing TK use one on the 'mag video...The one where VL just put out the agitated hopper, AGD just made the Flatline..What was it...'92?

But yeah...Its steep, but its guaranteed to be QUALITY...

Look at the people buying the DYE Cartiers...700... :rofl:

peewee
07-02-2004, 10:21 PM
:eek: :cry: Had to make a choice today when Army Dave orderd me my Ule custom..... He got a sydarm.. :tard: ... I'D let people whoop me with a bamboo cane (+ 50 whacks ) for one. Someone mentioned that scenereo players have a thing for pistols. Yep they do. AGD take notice we want these. Maybe a redesign is in order with a aluminum body & removable clips , make it a body kit in the RT Custom Ule sales page. I would buy one right now if all my money hadnt just gone twords my ULE & I will buy one in the future if there is some type of sydarm type marker. I play indoors & this would turn into my primary indoor gun. I am sure that you have probably already thought about it but think on it some more please :cry: :cry: :cry: Think of us children :D :D :D :cheers:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Edit: whoa this was a response to someone in the first page, had no clue this had 3 pages in it :)

-I WANT A SYDARM! too bad i can't come up with $500 fast enough :(

Smoke
07-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Taken from Palmer's website:

""Squall" 12 Gram & 10 rnd Spring Fed

8" barrel, Fast Change, PMI Rubber grips.

It's a holster able Typhoon.
643.00"

The Sydarm is not the most expensive pistol out there.

Muzikman
07-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Taken from Palmer's website:

""Squall" 12 Gram & 10 rnd Spring Fed

8" barrel, Fast Change, PMI Rubber grips.

It's a holster able Typhoon.
643.00"

The Sydarm is not the most expensive pistol out there.

You are right...but the Squall actually works on CO2:)

epterry
07-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Hmm... I guess I will have to order one on sat... I have been waiting for a while you know... like umm 2 years... http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=356195#post356195 Thanks guys :D

Jack & Coke
07-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Regarding Sydarm and Squall...

http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=8&thread=14932&page=1

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/pps/squall/index.shtml

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/pps/squall/title_squall.jpg

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_380.jpg

:cheers:

cphilip
07-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Well....the fact that they are polished even more diminishes the few Polished ones that were out there. We only seen like maybe four or five polished ones prior to this, making them extremely sought after. But now.... this pretty much trashes that.

Paul La Rue
07-03-2004, 12:29 PM
That's the problem with "collectables". Never spend more money on something than what you're willing to lose! Just becuase something is "worth" X-amount today doesn't mean it will be worth anything tomorrow...

BTW, I can't wait for my Sydarm to get here, I'm wanted one since I say saw them on the video in 1992...

Igotu
07-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Man I would like to see that video.

Jack & Coke
07-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Sydarm profile comparison to other pistols...

from:http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=8&thread=14932&page=2

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/1531/johnwoostyle.jpg

:shooting:

P8ntBallBoom
07-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Bob the cow, nothing was dumb about what you said. I just find it funny that the other people didnt read the description and I'm glad you pointed that out.

ClassicMagger
07-03-2004, 02:08 PM
**Edit** I just have to agree with Muzikman.... Its a shame isn't it bud **Edit**

**2nd Edit** Notice my SIG. **2nd Edit**

tjmpaintball06
07-03-2004, 02:08 PM
whats that red pistol?

ClassicMagger
07-03-2004, 02:10 PM
tjmpaintball06: It is a PGP with a Cooper T imp kit on it. It makes a PGP an open bolt semi auto. I may be mistaken but I am pretty sure that is what it is.

-ClassicMagger

Muzikman
07-03-2004, 02:11 PM
That's the problem with "collectables". Never spend more money on something than what you're willing to lose! Just becuase something is "worth" X-amount today doesn't mean it will be worth anything tomorrow...

BTW, I can't wait for my Sydarm to get here, I'm wanted one since I say saw them on the video in 1992...

Well, that might be true to a point, but, very few "rare" collectables don't lose value because the company decides to produce more and release them to the public.

This would be like Tops re-releasing a Bobby Orr rookie card without making any real changes to it. So close to the original that you can not tell the difference. Which is what happens with the Sydarm. The only thing changes is the rail, but how hard is it to get a stock AM/MM rail.

peewee
07-03-2004, 02:47 PM
I take it that all these people that already have sydarms are all police & or military training personel ???? I couldnt even get one when I was in the USMC reserves & I belonged to a AGD sponsored team back in the early to mid 90's !!! I dont personally care about "collecting" markers but I would rather use a quality product made by AGD rather than a 32° PT extreme pos, or worse yet a Zues. In truth I hope they make a bunch of pistol style markers they might turn a profit on them. :headbang: Rock on AGD :headbang:

DiRTyBuNNy
07-03-2004, 02:53 PM
anyone know where I can find a left-handed holster for one of these (sometimes it sucks being left-handed)?

Muzikman
07-03-2004, 03:18 PM
I take it that all these people that already have sydarms are all police & or military training personel ???? I couldnt even get one when I was in the USMC reserves & I belonged to a AGD sponsored team back in the early to mid 90's !!! I dont personally care about "collecting" markers but I would rather use a quality product made by AGD rather than a 32° PT extreme pos, or worse yet a Zues. In truth I hope they make a bunch of pistol style markers they might turn a profit on them. :headbang: Rock on AGD :headbang:

Well, have you actually used a Sydarm? If so, you woul know that they are not all that great. If you rapid fire even five shots, the reg and 12 gram freezes to the point that you can't get off a 6th shot. Typically they shoot at about 250fps (though I have gotten mine up to 275). As a sidearm, they are not as great as people think.

GoatBoy
07-03-2004, 04:13 PM
I find the thing quite funny myself.

I'm curious if anyone can compare Sydarm sales against Tac-One sales.

peewee
07-03-2004, 04:48 PM
No I havent, thats kind of the point. I might now get a chance. :bounce: I have shot pt extremes & zues's & wasnt impressed soft metal / faulty valves ,puncturing a CO2 & have it gas out down the barrel without getting off a shot . Didnt instill a very good opinion. 240 is the average indoor speed around here so it will not be a problem. personally I usually dont shoot over 280/285 outdoors . I am still sold on the sydarm knowing that they dont get many shots off a 12 gram & freeze up (I generally use the three shot rule) etc. If I can get the money up in time.

Igotu
07-03-2004, 04:50 PM
They should bring back those old mask in ther online museum I'd get me one of those.
[img]http://www.airgun.com/museum/casepics/jpg/small%20jpg/PMI_Faceshield_case1.jpg[img] http://www.airgun.com/museum/faceshield.htm

chasden
07-04-2004, 09:06 AM
In the past I've owned a PT Xtreme and Delta .68, and they were both CRAP. I'm definitely looking forward to the AGD engineered pistol. Hurry the hell up UPS! :rofl:

cphilip
07-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Is there a disclaimer about no warranty on these? There was with every other Sydarm that was previously allowed out....

Lohman446
07-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Mine came with a warranty registration card with the serial number on it, so Im guessing not. Not that I mind

chasden
07-04-2004, 06:33 PM
When I purchased mine there was no disclaimer at any point on AGD's e-store, so of course it must be under warranty. I'm gonna be pissed if there's no warranty...

Burphel
07-05-2004, 09:14 AM
For one thing, I'm not a collector, I'm a player. My old model gets paint shot through it at least once a month. I don't care about mine being devalued because it still shoots just fine. And I figure it's worth it for the cred it will buy AGD from hardcore rec players. The scenario/big game community has been bugging AGD about these puppies forever, just like we'd bugged all the companies to offer offset sight rails for center feed guns. This is just another sign that Tom's listening. Will you see them in an X-ball match? Hell no, although it'd be a fun game to watch. But you will see them at big rec games and now, probably on the occasional sup-air field (very nice flag-runner or snake player's gun).

As for all the people saying it's too expensive, this is a high quality semi pistol. The people who will buy it are people who have money and are hardcore scenario/big gamers or people who just think they're cool. If you're a big time tourney player, you get some expensive electro with a board that ramps your ROF, if you want a good pistol, you get a Sydarm. They're not for everybody, but there are buyers out there. Want to start a pool on how long it takes to sell this run out? I'll buy all the 'really quick' squares and let you have 'never' for free.

As for Muz and the other people talking about how bad it performs, I've never had any of the problems you've mentioned. Mine will shoot the clip on a 12g rapid firing and still put out a few bloopers after that. Not much different than the PTX I used to have. But if you shoot it like a SC pump and don't do much more than double-taps, you can get 2-3 clips, which beats the anything but the Squall any day. Velocity wise, mine will go a bit over 300. I'm not going to say it's perfect. The 12g changer is anything but quick, and the spring feed mashes balls if you leave it on when it's hot out, but it's one of the best out there at what it does. I haven't tried a Squall, so I can't compare them, but the fact is, they're the only other gun in the 'quality pistol' niche.

I'm just hoping it sells well enough for Tom to consider a ULE version. And maybe doing a complete pump kit too.

AGD-OfficeGal
07-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Sydarms are sold with our usual limited 90-day warranty, and there is always a 90-day warranty on repairs. As far as I know, the star program is not applicable to this product.

Regarding left-handed holsters, I will doublecheck to see if we'll be getting any more of these in stock.

As far as collectibles go - this is a very limited run and there are definite differences between the original Sydarm and the current one. For one thing the original Sydarm was made with the Automag rail which is no longer available.

Finally, as far as velocity goes - the Sydarm was designed for police training purposes and not for paintball competition. The velocity is regulated down accordingly. Don't knock the product for not doing something it was never intended to do.

Dragon Lady

Doobie
07-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Don't knock the product for not doing something it was never intended to do.

Dragon Lady
OOOOhhhhh! Now you done gone and made her mad! :nono:

You tell'em Office gal! :D

lord1234
07-06-2004, 02:17 PM
DRAGON LADY BLOWING FIRE!~!!! go dragon lady!

Doobie
07-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Got my 2 Sydarms today...
Trina-----> :shooting:
Doobie---> :shooting:

Heheheh! :dance:

DogHouseDan
07-08-2004, 02:57 PM
For high quality holsters (including left handed models) go to:

http://www.cops911.com/

They make a great product and I have used it for well over a year.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-08-2004, 03:16 PM
ummm...how many sydarms are left?

Got_Paint
07-08-2004, 10:03 PM
As of 8:30 Pacific Standard Time there are 11 left and they are waiting on the next batch of 100 to complete the 200 order.

TAW
07-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Got mine today :headbang:

First impression: QC went to lunch when this body was inspected or AGD is cleaning out their blem inventory. It would of been better to blast finnish it to hide the uglys.

-There is what I would call vice marks on both sides of the body
-Grinder marks on the top tube just aft of where the balls drop down
-The tool to cut or de-bur the slot for the ball tensioner slipped and skipped down the side
-I saw it in the pic in the store but there is no rear sight but there is a front
-The Tac rail is just different, as in the finish matches nothing else you could buy

Took it out back and let my kids pop off a dozen 12g and it shoots just as well as any other mag on CO2.

G3PB
07-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Back about 5 or 6 years ago, I used to carry two of these onto a field in a Chuck Norris "Delta Force" shoulder rig like he used for Micro-Uzi's......they were not exactly accurate shooting them that way but it was rather cool looking. However, since I always played with Jeremy from Jackal Machine, he was great at providing support fire if need be....and it usually was.

ERut
07-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Man, considering these are a limited time offer, I'm almost tmepted to buy one and sell it in six months. I bet I could make a tidy profit!

Magglerock
07-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Man, considering these are a limited time offer, I'm almost tmepted to buy one and sell it in six months. I bet I could make a tidy profit!

I'll bet you won't.

Arawn
07-10-2004, 11:29 AM
I'll bet you won't.

Bet he won't buy one, sell it, or make a tidy profit on it?

;)

B.

Magglerock
07-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Bet he won't buy one, sell it, or make a tidy profit on it?

;)

B.

All of the above. These things are paintball guns, not Renoirs. Your market is incredibaly small; its not like you can just throw it up on Ebay and have 100 bids. And now that they are making more, they will depreciate ever quicker. If you're hardcore AGD cultist and must have a side arm made by AGD (why you would want ANY side arm is hard to understand), then go ahead and buy one. But there are several sidearms out there in the same price range that perform much better, and several that are cheaper that perform just as well. You read what the office lady said; these things are de-tuned and not meant for the rigors or velocities of paintball.

A word about investments. An investment is only as good as the other investments you could have made. If you bought a sydarm five years ago for $500 and sold it yesterday for $550, you made a profit of under 10% (factoring inflation). Had you invested that $500 in you basic mixed bond or mixed fund, your return on that investment over the same period would have been roughly 35-40%. Like comic books, baseball cards, and other adult toys, buy them because you enjoy USING them, not because you think you're going to make money off of them. In most cases you won't, and even if you do, if your intent was to make money, you could have been doing many other things with that money that would have made you multiples of that profit. Paintball guns arn't investment vehicles.

GrasshoppaLPhiE
07-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Actually, I saw a sydarm that sold (with a few extras like a cops911 holster and some 10 round tubes) for a little under 700. Not everyone knows about the new release. Also, while not everyone will appreciate a sydarm, or any sidearm, there are people who do, and there apparently is a nice little "cult following" for them if you consistently see them being sold in the 500-600 dollar range. Also, for a pistol that costs over $400, selling almost a hundred in its first week (let alone the first weekend) of release is quite a feat. ;)

Arawn
07-12-2004, 10:27 AM
That example aside, I'm still in agreement with the folks who state that buying a paintball gun as an "investment" against future resale is generally not the most prudent of courses.
You buy a book because you will enjoy reading it.
Buy a marker because you'll enjoy shooting it.

Later,
B.

chasden
07-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Just got mine today! :headbang:

ERut
07-13-2004, 01:48 PM
At the beginning of the thread, people were complaining about buying a sydarm used for more than $425. Since this is a limited offer, and since I'm betting most of the people who just bought one aren't planning on selling it any time soon, I don't think there should be much of a drop in resale value.

Venom523
07-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Ive missed the UPS guy twice now. :cuss: You leave for 10 minutes and then they show up! Guess I'll just drive up there and pick up my Sydarm myself tomorrow.

Venom523
07-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Finally got my mits on my Sydarm!!! Put my green wood grips on it and is looking sweet. Cant wait to shot it at someone Sunday.

syko2102
07-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Granted this may be little off topic, but does anyone know where I could get the spring the sydarms use to push the balls into the chamber?

Interceptor
07-15-2004, 01:35 PM
$425 for an eight shot pistol?

Absolutely ridiculous price. I didn't even believe the number the first time I read it.I agree, with AGD actually lowering the prices on their guns to affordable prices (I love my RT custom), there is no reason for the pistol to be more than the RT. Lower the price to a reasonable price and I would scoop one up in a second. Say around $300 would be my limit.

Lohman446
07-15-2004, 07:14 PM
I agree, with AGD actually lowering the prices on their guns to affordable prices (I love my RT custom), there is no reason for the pistol to be more than the RT. Lower the price to a reasonable price and I would scoop one up in a second. Say around $300 would be my limit.

Yeh.. cause they didnt sell these fast enough they should lower the price :rolleyes:

It was not nice when I said it... but sometimes saying something straightforward gets your idea across better sorry

Magglerock
07-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Yeh.. cause they didnt sell these fast enough they should lower the price :rolleyes:

What you are witnessing is a "first adaptor" phenomena. There is small group of folks who would buy the sydarm at anyprice. That group is small, and though demand may be out pacing supply when you only put 100 markers on the market, supply would far exceed demand if you put 1000. I have a very hard time believing they could sell 1000 of these thing at this price. So yes, they are selling quickly, but to a very small market. Was they properly satiated the demand of that small market, they would have a very hard time selling this markers at this price. They just arn't functional enough or practical enough to demand that price from someone who is not a die-hard AGD/AOer. They would probably sell quite a few in the $250-300 price range. Then again, since there are several major operating draw-backs, maybe not. How much is an Enforcer? $120? And it performs better. So maybe a $200 price point may move a large quantitiy.

chasden
07-17-2004, 02:07 PM
I think the point is that they cost too much too produce to sell them at a $200 price point. And beyond that group you mentioned that are willing to put down $400+ (myself included) the market is limited, and therefore no more Sydarms will be made.

Those "collectors" amongst you who are bitter that AGD is actually trying to earn a few bucks off this and are bitter about it need to grow up.

Anyhoo, I'm having fun with my Sydarm, even if it doesn't perform like my tricked out RT Custom. It's a sidearm, a show piece, a lazy sunday shooting-beer-cans-in-the-backyard kinda thing. If you can't afford one, then just buy your PT Xtreme or Enforcer already and stop moaning.

Interceptor
07-20-2004, 01:13 PM
I don't think anyone is bitter about it. I'm doing quite well with out one. And I think that the fact that AGD could almost cut in half the price of their regular guns means they could make it more reasonible and still make money. If I hit the lotto, I'll get one. Until then, I'll look for a good PGP.

veteranmag
07-20-2004, 04:00 PM
I would love to pick one up, but I agree the asking price is WAY too high. I for one think that the X valve and level 10 is overkill for a spring-loaded pistol.

$250 is about the right price in my mind. If AGD would sell sydarm body kits, people could use their old classic valves, rails and pistol frames. A by-product of these kits would be a boost to the resale values to people selling their old classic mags.

syko2102
07-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Can you even use the basic mag valve in a sydarm? From the looks of them , their air line is internally incorperated in the body, and thus no protruding hoses. However if such a body kit was offered I would also love to pick it up.

Venom523
07-25-2004, 10:02 PM
The Sydarm valve is smaller around then the 68 classic or x-valve. Either of these valves will not fit in a Sydarm body. I tried.

govnamac
07-25-2004, 10:20 PM
I would love to pick one up, but I agree the asking price is WAY too high. I for one think that the X valve and level 10 is overkill for a spring-loaded pistol.

$250 is about the right price in my mind. If AGD would sell sydarm body kits, people could use their old classic valves, rails and pistol frames. A by-product of these kits would be a boost to the resale values to people selling their old classic mags.

They don't have Level 10 or Xvalves. The Sydarm is totally independant of other valves, and its parts are smaller than any other AGD valve. No other valves will work, and I don't think any of the spare parts are interchangable.

syko2102
07-26-2004, 01:15 AM
How much smaller is the sydarm's valve and reg? Is it so significant that there's a totally different bolt, or are we talking like a hundred thousanths or so?

SpecialBlend2786
07-26-2004, 01:18 AM
laksjdhflaskjdhfaksjdfhjwscnmlkjdfkmv I WANT ONE!

stupid out of stock smdc s,s,cmvnzdj,c :cuss:

bofh
07-26-2004, 03:56 AM
How much smaller is the sydarm's valve and reg? Is it so significant that there's a totally different bolt, or are we talking like a hundred thousanths or so?

The valve internals are pretty much the same as a classic, the on-off, and reg section are exactly the same. The powertube assembly is most the same, but it has extra metal intenionally restricting the flow, which I recall, prevent the LX from working or fitting. That bit can be drilled out.

The major differences are on the outside, the whole valve is 1/8 of inch smaller all the way round, until the reg section, since it fits inside the body farther up.

You possiblelly could make a classic or retro valve fit in a sydarm. it would be a lot of work, and some welding of stainless steel. But it could be done. You might even be able to do it without welding. All you'd have to do would be turn the outside of the valve down an 1/8" and plug the airsource hole, and drill and new one, and lathe in some o-ring grooves. It probally isn't worth it, and it's not something you could do at home without some serious machines.

You can also make a washing machine fly if you have a big enough engine.

tyrion2323
07-26-2004, 03:09 PM
This is not a flame or threat or any sort of insult towards the sydarm or sydarm lovers. I just wanted to point it out because it's kind of interesting:

You can build an electro-pneumatic marker for less than what a Sydarm costs. I'm talking an Intimidator/Impulse/Bushmaster/whatever. Add a barrel kit and you're right about the same price.

Just a thought.

Chronobreak
07-26-2004, 03:30 PM
This is not a flame or threat or any sort of insult towards the sydarm or sydarm lovers. I just wanted to point it out because it's kind of interesting:

You can build an electro-pneumatic marker for less than what a Sydarm costs. I'm talking an Intimidator/Impulse/Bushmaster/whatever. Add a barrel kit and you're right about the same price.

Just a thought.

yeah but most the people arent buying it for a primary marker its mainly for histori or nostaligc purposes or for those non police/military that couldnt previously purchase these

bofh
07-26-2004, 03:35 PM
yeah but most the people arent buying it for a primary marker its mainly for histori or nostaligc purposes or for those non police/military that couldnt previously purchase these

I sure hope nobody is buying them for primary markers. There are scads better, cheaper markers out there. The sydarm is just unique. :)