PDA

View Full Version : Sin

kickass68mag
10-15-2001, 02:47 PM
hey, sin, got some ?'s
1. how much does it cost to get a fade done (powdercoat)
2. how long will it take
3. would you be able to make a special design for AO members only to get ?? something unique just for AO'ers ??
thats all

_KICKASS_

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-15-2001, 02:51 PM
i dont think that SiN posts on here, i might be wrong, but to answer your questions to the extent of what i know...

1) it depends on how many colors. It will probably be about 35 for the body
2)My m98 took about 3 weeks to be completed. It has to be shipped to canada, and so therefor it will take longer or shorter depending if customs decides to inspect it or hold it, if your an idiot and put "paintball GUN" lol. Plus after the 9-11 thing, it might take longer.
3) He makes series of SE's already that are unique. He would probably be able to make some designs that only AO members can get, but it would be pointless. People would just join AO for that fact if they really wanted it. It would be better just to get a personally unique design.

goto www.sincustom.cjb.net for more info..

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-15-2001, 02:53 PM
actually, i have just noticed that he joined yesterday :D

awesome. ERIC YOU RULEEEEEE, haha.

kickass68mag
10-15-2001, 02:57 PM
i didn't know he did either till i read a thread with him replying in it.

_KICKASS_

Army
10-15-2001, 03:58 PM
I can help here;

He will charge you per part and how custom you want it, generally around $35-45USD. If you want flames or a splash or a picture on it, the price will be higher. His detailing is extraordinary BTW. He will do any design you want, you just have to pay for it!

It should only take about 2-3 weeks, depending on circumstances at the border and customs(!) He will take money orders in USD and I think he will take wired money (western union), but don't quote me on that. A MO is easiest anyway.

Shipping it can be tricky: Canadian Customs will intercept any package insured for more than $60USD (around $100CD), and assess a tariff on it. You have to bite the bullet and insure your package for $30-40USD tops, this will get it through with no penalties. YOU must totally dis-assemble your gun prior to shipping, and ONLY send him those parts that you want painted. Keep all internals, take down screws, safety and trigger, grips, connects and hoses. He won't paint those anyway. He will not do your tanks either as the temperature needed to melt and cure the paint, can or will compromise the steel or aluminum

Make a list of what you are sending him, with EXACTLY what you want done to each part, and put that in the box with the gun. Be sure to wrap each part so it won't get damaged, and pack it in the box with enough material so the parts can't move around. Don't use a big box, find one that will just fit all your parts, Customs will question large boxes. On the shipping label, put down that it is a gift and these are "paintball marker parts", DO NOT PUT THE WORD GUN ON ANY PART OF THE PACKAGE!! Everyone can get into trouble if you do.

Don't do like I did , but have patience and keep in contact with him via Email: sincustom@home.com. He will give you more details than this post did on payment plans and custom painting.

Good luck, and thanks for not listening to my past rants :cool:

irbodden
10-15-2001, 04:05 PM
Redrider87@aol.com does awesome fades, is cheap and really fast. The turn around time was amazing I had my gun back to me 8 days after I shipped. I'd recommend him he did my mag and it rocks!

Flamebo
10-15-2001, 06:58 PM
If you're just getting a fade, I'd opt for redrider... His work looks good, and it's cheap.

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-15-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Army
I can help here;

He will charge you per part and how custom you want it, generally around $35-45USD. If you want flames or a splash or a picture on it, the price will be higher. His detailing is extraordinary BTW. He will do any design you want, you just have to pay for it!

It should only take about 2-3 weeks, depending on circumstances at the border and customs(!) He will take money orders in USD and I think he will take wired money (western union), but don't quote me on that. A MO is easiest anyway.

Shipping it can be tricky: Canadian Customs will intercept any package insured for more than $60USD (around $100CD), and assess a tariff on it. You have to bite the bullet and insure your package for $30-40USD tops, this will get it through with no penalties. YOU must totally dis-assemble your gun prior to shipping, and ONLY send him those parts that you want painted. Keep all internals, take down screws, safety and trigger, grips, connects and hoses. He won't paint those anyway. He will not do your tanks either as the temperature needed to melt and cure the paint, can or will compromise the steel or aluminum

Make a list of what you are sending him, with EXACTLY what you want done to each part, and put that in the box with the gun. Be sure to wrap each part so it won't get damaged, and pack it in the box with enough material so the parts can't move around. Don't use a big box, find one that will just fit all your parts, Customs will question large boxes. On the shipping label, put down that it is a gift and these are "paintball marker parts", DO NOT PUT THE WORD GUN ON ANY PART OF THE PACKAGE!! Everyone can get into trouble if you do.

Don't do like I did , but have patience and keep in contact with him via Email: sincustom@home.com. He will give you more details than this post did on payment plans and custom painting.

Good luck, and thanks for not listening to my past rants :cool:

thanks for repeating what i said for the most part, and everything else SiN wouldve said :P hehehe

Snappy
10-15-2001, 09:59 PM
Who's redrider? Does he have a website?

Monsta
10-15-2001, 10:26 PM
If I were you kickass68mag, I wound find some one locally to do it. Someone where you can drive to. Just ask around at your local field next time you go and find out who does that kinda work. Now's really not the time to ship your gun or even ship the body part out of state unless you wanna wait a hole month. Oh ya, just in case you find someone in your local area, always ask to see his previous work :)

redrider87
10-16-2001, 04:10 AM
I do the solids and fades I also have the metallic colors plus anodize colors. I can be reached at REDRIDER87@aol.com.
I usually ship the parts back with in 2 days usually. The part that takes the longest is shipping to and from. I have noticed if you live in the US it is not so bad. I did one for a member in Canada and it really sucked trying to send it back to him. E-mail me for more info.

SiN
10-16-2001, 10:12 AM
kickass68mag:
1. For a quote email us at sincustom@home.com
2. Typical orders take 4 to 10 days in the shop.
3. That sounds like a good idea. SE exclusive for the aO

SuperOrangeTicTac:
Thanks for posting info, and correction, you RULE.

Army:
Thanks for the novel mate, we've actually resolved most of the trouble with shipping, you see the big thing we have to do is prove that we are not BUYING these guns, because what they use to catch us with was sales taxes.

Flamebo & irbodden:
Thanks for advertising RedRider on a thread addressed to me :) I too would go to him if you want a basic powdercoat, his work seems top notch REDRIDER97@aol.com. If you want a design, like flames, animal prints, custom graphics like the graveyard, or other more complex stuff, give us a shout sincustom@home.com .

Monsta:
I use to say the same thing to people who just wanted basic powdercoating the fact is that there is a powdercoat shop in every state. But a lot of powdercoat shops SUCK, I've seen huge operations that put out powdered finishes that were improperly set. And to boot, none of them know about paintball, how the marker works and thus what to mask, so there is a great chance that they will muck it up. If you want something basic it is NOT better to go somewhere local, go to someone like Redrider who's in the sport and knows what he's doing. You'll save yourself a headache, trust me.

Redrider87:
email me next time you have a canadian order I can give you some tips on how to get through the hassle.

Hope thats everything