PDA

View Full Version : have some questions about mags

nic m
10-15-2001, 02:56 PM
hello, i am planning to buy a mag in the spring and i have just a few questions.
1. i currently own a lp spyder se, i was just wondering if a mag is as easy to work on and maintain as a spyder.

2. what if any upgrades would you recommend and why?

3. how come you don't see many mags with regs on them?

4. what may be some possible problems i might encounter?

5. can anyone explain the basic mechanics behind the mag or give me a website that will?

thanks,
i can't wait to get a mag!!!

mac2k4
10-15-2001, 03:08 PM
1- Yeah mags are about as easy to maintain as spyder.
2- If ya get a stock mag, intelliframe, gadgetgrip, barrel
3- Because w/ a inline reg. ya might get shootdown.
4- Put a drop a' gun oil in the valve and leave it alone.
5- Call AGD and ask for the mag movie and booklet.

SGTKennedy
10-15-2001, 03:10 PM
A new barrel, and an intelliframe would be nice. Otherwise stock is dead reliable, out of the box, you just need to learn the trigger.

They have regs built into the valve.

The air goes through the reg, then goes past a cutoff valve (on/off) to a chamber and a piston attached to the bolt. The sear holds the bold back, and when you pull the trigger the rear part of the sear pushes up on the on/off, cutting off the air supply, and the front lets the bolt fly forward from the pressure on the piston, which goes out to a point and lets the air go around the piston through the bolt and to the ball. then a spring returns the bolt and the on/off opens up again and the cycle starts all over.
im sure a more detailed discription is somewhere. just dig through the older parts of the forum.

nic m
10-15-2001, 09:00 PM
well thanks for the info.
what is the intelliframe?

(sorry about all the questions)

thanks again
nic m

DRAGONSLAYER
10-15-2001, 10:58 PM
The Intelliframe is an AGD 2x trigger frame. The replies you got about the upgrades were right on. I will only add that you purchase all AGD parts for your 'mag. The others just don't work as well. Keep your gun all AGD and you will have no problems. Plus the customer service is out of this world.:cool: