PDA

View Full Version : Output/Input Pressures

Superman1272
07-01-2004, 08:07 PM
A couple of questions:

1. What is the output range of the AIR/X valve? As I understand it, the velocity is adjusted with the output pressure of the Automag's main valve, right? So what is the range that the Automag outputs when shooting "usable" velocities?

2. What is the lowest input pressure for an AIR/X valve? I have read/heard that you need a pretty high input pressure (700 - 1100psi) to work with the RT Trigger, but was wondering if the output pressure of the gun's main valve is around 300 or so (just guess-stimating here since I don't have the answer to question number 1, yet), then couldn't a pressure of 500 psi (or what ever 200 psi over what ever the AIR/X valve output pressure is) be sufficient? Will this be different with the AIR valve compared to the X valve?

I appreciate your help/answers.

Chronobreak
07-02-2004, 08:31 AM
il try my best to help your questiosn seem unlcear...maybe its just too early in the morning

AIR and X-vavles/rt's are VERY different while a classic with AIR can run at around 500 psi an rt wont even recock with below 800 or so the rt is recomended to get atleast 750 + input and the ball isnt getting hit with that psi its lowered the psi is used for on fast on/off

Dayspring
07-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Minimum input pressure for a mag (including RTs)- ~650psi
Internal chamber pressures- 450psi
On ball pressure- ~65psi

Superman1272
07-02-2004, 11:23 PM
OK... then if I get an AIR valve on a ULE body will it work with a LvlX bolt?

Will it work with a ULE Trigger?

I ask because I am looking for a mag that works well with CO2. I will be running the CO2 through a MaxFlow bottom line reg to keep out liquid but could run an x-chamber if absolutely need be. I know the 'Mag was a high level tournament 'gun back when CO2 was the only thing around (still a high level 'gun, I know... no flames, please) so I am sure I can get great results... I just want to know how.

Dayspring
07-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Your air source won't affect the Level 10 at all. Run what you want.

The ULT wasn't designed for the classic valve. Some get it to work, some don't.

Superman1272
07-02-2004, 11:54 PM
So the UL Trigger is iffy... and the classic AIR valve will not work with the RT type of trigger correct?

If I am right in the above assumptions... what do I need to do to best avoid the dreaded short stroking?

Dayspring
07-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Learn to pull the trigger correctly, use the level 10, and have an agitated hopper.

And what "RT trigger" are you speaking of? The RT kick you get on an Xvalve is the way the valve works. You can't duplicate that on a classic valve.

11_Mile_TMaster
07-03-2004, 08:59 AM
LX Requires More pressure than a standard Valve. I want to say the pressure required is at or near 600 PSI for acceptable velocity, although the mainspring used can affect this.

Superman1272
07-03-2004, 07:10 PM
I appreciate all the replies/answers.

How 'bout this for my CO2 set-up...

ULE body
Intelliframe
Classic Valve
Lvl X
12v Revvie
On/Off Bottom Line
16 oz CO2 Bottle w/ Anti-Siphon

(Think the CO2 Bottle would be better than trying to run it through a MaxFlow @ 700psi? I figure just a straight CO2 bottle puttin' out about 750 - 850 psi would be fine... Whadaya think?)