PDA

View Full Version : My new Marker!!!

ZyperioN
07-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey I just picked up an Evil Omen and i have to say the thing absoultely RIPS!!!!! I can shoot it faster than my friends ebladed nightkast and i havent even tuned the trigger yet. It's great, nice and efficent and if you set it up right you wont ever chop with the CAM feed. If any of you are looking into mid-range electros like impys and B2K's check this gun out it's sweet.

PsychoBaller
07-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Ive seen them but never fully explained... wut be the CAM feed? other than it being on the side no?

ZyperioN
07-01-2004, 09:01 PM
here maybe this will help. the cam feed is the yellow strip that loads the balls with each shot.

madransom
07-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Nice. My brother picked up an omen when we were at PSP. I'm trying to decide if I want to get one myself. The only caveat here is that if I were to get an omen, I'd have to sell the rt pro. Technically, it would be a downgrade just because the 'mag rules, but, being able to get 1800 (or so I've been told) shots off of a 68/4500 would be so nice. Playing around with the brothers, it felt solid. Kind of hard to decide, all I see on other forums is 'its just a closed bolt sear tripper' and all i can think of saying 'so?'. Anyway, have fun with that, because yes, I know it rips pretty hard. :clap:

ZyperioN
07-01-2004, 11:00 PM
yeah it's a closed bolt sear tripper but then again so is a cocker, so people in general are egotistical morons.

WickeDKlowN
07-01-2004, 11:14 PM
I've been thinking of picking one up, but I just got a good deal on a unmilled Mephisto(Tribal) so it'll probobly be awhile before I get a new gun.

Digits
07-02-2004, 12:05 AM
I've never shot an omen.. Looks like a cool gun

FallNAngel
07-02-2004, 12:27 AM
from what I hear Halo's won't work with them though.

tyrion2323
07-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Correct, they do not accept force-feed hoppers.

Omens rock, simple as that. Mine's at Fear Factory getting a make-over.

Link44
07-02-2004, 12:44 PM
nice gun man...where'd u get that evolution hopper in blue? i'm looking for one but i can't find it in blue...

AGDlover
07-02-2004, 12:53 PM
eh i'm really optomistic about em since all they relly are are a piranha with a moveng back block and a CAM feed i can't find anything special bout em

rkjunior303
07-02-2004, 01:11 PM
I love mine..

get the PDP chip for $50 and it bumps the cap to 25bps, along with adjustable bounce/BPS settings.. I need to take new pics of mine with my Dyed EGG and 15* adapter

rkjunior303
07-02-2004, 01:28 PM
oh, this was posted by Evil on the PBN forum today.. Lots of good things coming.. Looks like the new board is based off of the PIMP board, or their 'Ghetto' board. Uncapped, etc.

omen 1.5-2.0 update
Testing is completing on the 1.5 /2.0 version of the omen:
All changes can be retro fit.
CAM ARMS: Halo compatible with reduced breakage (recock isnt so touchy) arms are in the final phases of testing.
-so far, if your recock is up to high it loses velocity, but we have not broken paint.

A new end cap will be available. I expect street price of about 25

We have a flush cocking system. It will include a bolt, a rear/inner block combo, the springs and spring guide. I estimate street price to be about 50 for the kit.

The new boards will be available aftermarket. Coupled with the new arms and a halo the omen shoots right along side any electro pneumatic. It is out shooting halos. We will try to put up video soon.
-The new boards will be available aftermarket. If I had to guess, it will end up around 50, will include board, solenoid.

Triggers are coming, as are grips. The gauge ASA are out.
Evil will never make a 15 or 10 degree asa -the monkeys find them offensive.

The tail to mate the newer frames with the rear slot are coming in about two months.

ZyperioN
07-02-2004, 01:52 PM
no sniper king no, your so wrong it borders on downright ignorance. The only thing in common between the two is that they are blowbacks. The omen in closed bolt, has adjustable recock, and has a dual stage hammer. And the word you were looking for was pesimistic not optomistic.

As for the Evo that was custom done by me, if you want your evo colored pm me and ill do it for free or help you do it yourself.

tyrion2323
07-02-2004, 01:58 PM
^^^
What he said.

Seriously people...if you don't know anything about a marker, don't open your freakin' mouths.

can'tthink of1
07-02-2004, 08:00 PM
I love the omen and I don't have one, but like wickedclown, I have tribals to mess around with :) And right now they are taking the upper hand compared to any other markers I want. I however do reccomend omens a lot, since for the price they are awesome.

I want an unmilled mephy too :cry: I will keep searching though... I have a pimped 2.2 milled mephy that just needs a maddman valve and an pimp'n anno, and then I have a 2.2 twister that needs the works. I want an omen though, but tribals are just too cool :D

ZyperioN
07-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Tribals are great guns, i also own a 2.2 Twisty and it's my project gun. Because they are so universal and esay to mod i've redone all the led's, added new ones and new eyes. It's the best gun for a customizer/tinkerer.

can'tthink of1
07-02-2004, 09:23 PM
They are the perfect tinkerer's marker. I have plans for my twister since the mephy is just about done except for a maddman rocket valve, and some pimpen anno, like a splash or something. Then the twister is gonna take some time to get up and running.

You should post over in the tribal forum on pbn, we need some new faces.

wow I really want an omen, but the only turn off is the feed being over on the right, and with my right being my prefered shooting hand, I don't know, its cool, but my tribals are cooler lol. If I had the money I'd have one, cause they have been going for really cheap lately, and with the news of new parts from evil, I want one that much more. BUt I don't have a need for more than 2 pimped tribals.

I wonder what I will do once my tribals get fully-pimped

:confused:

ZyperioN
07-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Yo im was thinking the same thing about the feed being on the right when o bought it but it's seriously not that far off, it plays just like a vert feed gun. the offset is only the width of a paintball so under .75 inches. Dont worry about the feed being offset it doesnt make a difference during play.

afultz075
07-02-2004, 11:56 PM
I've always liked those guns. A tourney kid I know was talking about how his was "too slow for him" at the field one day. When I told him about the PDP chip turns out he already sent it back to get a Shocker :confused:

ZyperioN
07-03-2004, 12:29 AM
a shocker? what a fool. :rolleyes:

can'tthink of1
07-03-2004, 02:30 AM
I've always liked those guns. A tourney kid I know was talking about how his was "too slow for him" at the field one day. When I told him about the PDP chip turns out he already sent it back to get a Shocker :confused:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He'll have fun sending the shocker back a bunch of times to get it working, and he'll need to grab a bolt kit. He's going to be ripping on that shocker soon :rolleyes:

crackerjack
07-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I shot an omen when they first came out had alot of kick and kind of heavy.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I've always been intruigued by the Omen..I'm glad their starting to do something with it...it had such a bright future when Team Evil Factory started shooting it and then they all switched to Timmy's and Trixes...now they just have to start making colors (and yes..I know about the splash ones..but i mean colors like all blue, green, red, etc.)

ZyperioN
07-03-2004, 09:29 PM
It's not really heavy but ill say it's solid feeling. As for the kick, yes there is a bit of kick but it's not that much, if you were experiencing excessive recoil it was because your recock pressure was set too high. ;)