PDA

View Full Version : Proto VS Axiom FX-10

scrumpy
07-01-2004, 11:38 PM
These two goggle systems look very much alike, have basically the same features, and cost almost the exact same amount of money. So when it comes down to it, which do you think is better overall? I'm looking for a very fog resistant mask that's easy to clean. I busted my spectra lense putting it in and out so I decided it's not worth the hassle. Opinions please?

Blazestorm
07-01-2004, 11:42 PM
I have a Proto atm (Profiler coming)

I really love the Proto, the quick-lens removal isn't as fast as the v-force but still works well, once you get the process down you can tear apart, clean and reassemble a proto-mask within a minute or two.

My friend convinced me to get a profiler though (90 bucks!!?!?!) I'm excited for it though :D

I'll sell my Proto if you want, its Red/Black... :D

scrumpy
07-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Ok I'll buy it pending the price. Red/Black sounds sweet. What condition is it in? Have you pictures? etc. Thanks

Edit: I'm going to bed, but we'll discuss this further tomorrow maybe? PM me or email or post here again.

cheetah256
07-02-2004, 11:39 AM
i've only played one day with my axiom so far, but it's fairly nice. since i'm used to the feel of JT masks, it as more comfortable on my face than the invision or profiler. the lens retention takes a bit of getting used to, but after you get it down, it's not hard at all to change.

frontrunner
07-02-2004, 11:46 AM
i got my proto switch a month ago and i love them, they don't fog they keep pertty cool and the fit me really well, the only neg thing i can say is i like them so much i gout a jersey and pack to go with but i would have gotten those sooner or later anyway