PDA

View Full Version : I haven't had this much trouble with the valve ever

EnW
10-15-2001, 03:20 PM
Ok....where do I start?! I have a slow leak from the velocity adjustment screw. I chronoed the gun at like 322 and about 2 seconds after I shot the pressure would build up too much I guess and start leaking. I turned the vel. nut down just a bit and it would drop to 150 or so. After the first shot I would have to wait for the pressure to build up enough or the balls wouldn't even "poop" out of the barrel...they would just lodge in there. There was no
in- between on the chrono.
The reg was not recharging. The paint/barrel match was great. I have replaced the Reg valve pin and spring, reg piston, reg spring pack, & I have tried 5 different reg seats!
Does anyone have some help for a frustrated man????

Ityl
10-15-2001, 05:00 PM
Turn up the velocity and clean the reg.

EnW
10-15-2001, 06:49 PM
It was already shooting over 300..and I think I have the cleanest reg around. All the internals are new!

EnW
10-16-2001, 03:14 PM
Anybody else got any ideas?

AGD
10-17-2001, 12:48 AM
If the gun is shooting at 280-300 and its leaking out the back then you have to replace the reg piston.

If the gun climbs in velocity from shot to shot THEN leaks out the back at about 330-350 then the reg seat is leaking.

If you replaced piston and reg seat then there is probably something stuck on your reg. valve, the thing with the cone spring. Check that out carefully.

AGD

Bearshirt
10-17-2001, 04:00 PM
Two things might work.

1. Very gently pull the reg spring, the
cone shaped one on the central pin.
Mine was compressed and
caused be problems when I first got the gun.

2. Make sure you grease the reg piston.
I use regular automotive grease, but an
air-smith suggested graphite grease.