PDA

View Full Version : *Poof*

suckmyfatangel
10-15-2001, 03:35 PM
whats the deal w/ banning happy administrators? is free speech no longer allowed?? please explain...

manike
10-15-2001, 03:38 PM
free speech? Since when?

This is a privately owned board, when you signed up you agreed to abide by whatever rules they wish to set.

You do not have free speech on here and in fact most of the internet.

As for the Mods I think under most cases they are are just working to keep a nice clean happy family atmosphere and doing it pretty darn well :)

manike

shartley
10-15-2001, 03:51 PM
Since you don’t know the whole story, you can’t say the Moderators are Ban Happy. I can tell you that they are NOT ban happy, and it takes something serious to make them ban someone… or I would personally be on top of it… LOL

Trust me, I am sure they did the correct thing.

And Freedom of Speech does not apply to Privately owned Forums. Sorry. ;) I am sure we already HAD that conversation a while back. :D

ben_JD
10-15-2001, 03:53 PM
We did have this conversation. No free speech. No free lunch. No ban-happiness. And absolutely no free hot dogs.

manike
10-15-2001, 03:55 PM
But you can get free stickers ;)

Webmaster
10-15-2001, 04:03 PM
What are you refering too - we havent banned anyone that I know of for months. The person we did was because of gross misuse of the board (re flooding)

ben_JD
10-15-2001, 04:06 PM
We tried to ban the Webmaster last week, but the petition didn't get that far...someone kept erasing the thread. :confused:

Ityl
10-15-2001, 04:52 PM
I'm leaving, no free hot dogs ;)

Thordic
10-15-2001, 05:08 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14300

I think he is referring to that, Webby.

Flamebo
10-15-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD
We did have this conversation. No free speech. No free lunch. No ban-happiness. And absolutely no free hot dogs.

No free hot dogs?? I'm outta here!

*Added Below*

Ah crap, I swear I didn't mean to steal that. I look like a total cop-out now because I don't read whole threads :(

cphilip
10-15-2001, 07:32 PM
Guys, this same nasty kid shows up every month or so. He pulls some stuff then leaves for a bit. Then *poof* he is back like a tooth ache. I keep track of his IP all the time. He is easy to track. Same kid. Can be delt with. Never seems to go too too far but on the edge all the time.

suckmyfatangel... get lost. Miscue is right you need a banning. I tire of you. Behave yourself.

Miscue
10-15-2001, 07:49 PM
Mods... ban SuckMyFatAngel (I'm stuck at school and can't do it here) He's the same guy as chupamipito. CPhilip, you too!? Haha... I had a list of his aliases written down a couple months ago... will have to find it.

pumpamatic
10-15-2001, 07:51 PM
I'm assuming "chupamipito" is some sort of racial slur or the like? I'm always the last person to know things like that. Hey cphilip, is it possible to ban him permanently under any username he tries to go under?If I were a moderator, the first thing I would do is put a limit on the number of words shartley could put in one post. Do they have free hotdogs in the Autococker forum?

Miscue
10-15-2001, 07:57 PM
It's one of the first things you learn in Spanish class... :)

shartley
10-15-2001, 07:58 PM
Pumpamatic,
DOH!

(Short enough?) http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/lilly/hmm3grin3thumborange.gif

cphilip
10-15-2001, 08:30 PM
Yep Miscue! I thought I was the only one!!! He is a pet project. He came over from Do Jo and made a real mess for all the new good members we gained from there.

Ban him? Only an Admin can do that. Mods can only recommend to an Admin to do it. we don't got the right buttons for it. Miscue lets get all the ones you got to Steve tomorrow. I only see him on the one. I didn't know he had an alias yet.

MajorDamage
10-15-2001, 08:39 PM
My alias is Fantastic Dan if that helps :). Also Clownie, TronAteMyBaby, Namdlo, and MajorDamage. Hope this helps you (:)).

ENDO!