PDA

View Full Version : Permission to Post AGD Videos

Smileatom88
07-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Hey Guys,

Greetings and Mensore from Okinawa.
Tom if your reading this can we use some of your Level 10 videos on our web site? We also posted some sweet picts of X Mags we found on AO forums. We are all big time Airgun Design users and advocators. We just plain love Air Gun Designs.
Our web site is www.freewebs.com/okipaintball, and we are trying to get paintball up and running again on Okinawa. We would gladly take the picts and videos off of our web site if you can not grant us permission to continue utilizing them. Please say yes, Please…Tom Kaye, will continue to love and support AGD even if you can't give us permission to use your videos.

Lots of Respect and Sincerity,

TheTramp
07-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Welcome to AO.

It's good to hear that AGD is being supported all over the world! Good luck with your fight for paintball in Okinawa.

Smileatom88
07-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the support, we really need it. The facilities we have here on Okinawa are lacking to say the least, but we are encouraged by the amount of feedback we are receiving from Paintball Players on Okinawa. We know that the need for Paintball exsists on Okinawa, and we are trying everything we can to help promote it. Can you imagine not being able to go to a paintball shop to purchase o-rings, not to mention the fact that there are no paintball facilities outside the different Bases. Pretty Sad, right. If only we could get more moral support, that would help. At least its a start. Thanks again.

trevorjk
07-02-2004, 08:35 PM
OMG sunday 627 vid.... THAT SONG IS AWESOME! Gunmoll is such a good band!

AGD
07-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Sure knock yourself out and use whatever you want!

AGD

Smileatom88
07-05-2004, 01:34 AM
AGD thanks, you all are the greatest. Thanks for the support.

Respectfully,

AGD Fanatics, Users and Promoters..

jewie27
04-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the support, we really need it. The facilities we have here on Okinawa are lacking to say the least, but we are encouraged by the amount of feedback we are receiving from Paintball Players on Okinawa. We know that the need for Paintball exsists on Okinawa, and we are trying everything we can to help promote it. Can you imagine not being able to go to a paintball shop to purchase o-rings, not to mention the fact that there are no paintball facilities outside the different Bases. Pretty Sad, right. If only we could get more moral support, that would help. At least its a start. Thanks again.

Is it true that paintball is "illegal" in Japan, so they play Airsoft?

Smileatom88
04-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Jewie, It's kinda of a weird situation. No body seems to have a copy of these laws as it pertains specifically to paintball markers. There are lots of privately owned paintball fields and establishments selling paintball equipment on mainland Japan. The only available paintball on Okinawa is operated through 18 Services and MCCS, both of which are governed by SOFA agreements between host country and the United States. Lot's of acryonyms, but basically we can play paintball inside the bases, but we can't outside.

Vex
04-04-2005, 06:12 AM
I was stationed at Kadena for five years ('96 - '01) and played paintball a LOT at the 18th SVS field (old bomb dump off of 58--I'm assuming it's still there.) However, it was lacking in a few areas to say the least. While the field was pretty decent, the staff was incredibly uneducated about paintball, and believe me, I complained about it to Services officals many, many times. They had limited supplies, and internet stores were just starting up, so our choices were very limited. On the flip side though, we could get our scuba tanks filled at Kadena Marina for a dollar and we could use our own paint at the field. Those are always "plus" situations! Whenever we played, we always had a good turnout--no fewer than 30 people! Plus, we'd set up squadron and flight fundraisers and "morale" days at the field. My flight (18th Maintenance SQ. Avionics) alone held the majority of the paintballers on Kadena at the time, so we were always the ones to arrange big events.

I'm glad to see that paintball is actually getting more support--especially from MCCS (they've got the funds to be able to do it) They can get all of those single jarhea...I mean, Marines out of the barracks and doing something productive--instead of causing trouble! ;)

It's good to see some AOers on the "Rock"!

Ja ne!