PDA

View Full Version : Cold Burning Smoke

DoctorStox
07-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey. I'm goin to d-day and they only allow cold buring smoke bombs. do these even exist? i've been lookin everywhere. Those little round ones everybody used when they were kids? are they cold buring? i assume not cause they ahve a fuse. last year some fires broke out on the beach front, so i think they'll be even more strict this year. lmk if anybody knows where to buy these.

fallout11
07-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Expired Coast Guard/boat smoke is the only "cold burning" kind I am aware of, or have seen used to date. Good luck on purchasing any, though.....changes in what is allowed to be sent via mail has virtually made it impossible to purchase smoke of any kind anymore, except "in person".

Let us know if you locate a source, though.....we'd all like some!

TDonovan
07-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Ask on the MXSportz.com forums. They might know since they allow them at their scenario games.

The one I encountered was an orange smoke which was active for about 4 minutes.

Hah, the enemy also tossed a hot burning smoke grenade. I was about to pick it up and throw it back, but decided that they MIGHT not have been using cool burning. A ref tried to pick it up when it was done smoking and he burnt through his gloves as well as his hands I believe.

Jaremy Rykker
07-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah. Hot burning smoke is generally a bad idea, both because it can cause pretty significant injuries if you were to hit somebody directly, and they have also been known to start some fires. Neither of these are very good for paintball's public relations, not to mention the players or insurance. I live in Seattle, so perhaps I could get myself some cold smoke. Can I ask anybody who's purchased some from the Coast Guard before what it costs?

fallout11
07-06-2004, 07:23 AM
'Coast guard' (or boat) smoke is usually orange, burns about 4-5 minutes, and (used to) run around $10-$15 per 'smoke grenade'. But my former source has dried up.....no idea about current prices.

PissedGodzilla
07-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Last year they sold them at D-Day, the vendors there usually have decent deals. See you there!!