PDA

View Full Version : Automag RT with preset tank... help!!!

barretc
10-15-2001, 03:59 PM
if I had an old RT (one where the air flows through the body rail).. can i put an 850psi preset output tank to it without the trigger being too reactive???..and if not...is there anyway to hook an external regulator (like an GenX ect. ect.) up to the gun without taping itto the side of the gun(lol)???
Can I take the gasthrough forgrip off and replace it with an external regulator??

and remember this is the old RT where the air flows through the body rail...

I want to do this bc I want to run my preset tank to a RT..thanks
Barret

Load SM5
10-15-2001, 04:11 PM
Screw it in and find out if it is too reactive for you. A preset tank pressure won't damage your RT in any way. You may find the trigger return just perfect for you and you don't need to do anything. Quite a few folks run an RT on a preset. As far as an external reg, I would'nt. That would be adding a third reg and I've heard it can cause starvation problems. Sell your preset and reg and buy an adjustable if the trigger is too reactive for your tastes.

50 cal
10-15-2001, 08:04 PM
I ran my RT on a preset for some time. Worked great. Try it and see what it does.

barretc
10-15-2001, 08:18 PM
I have run the preset tank and it is way too reactive..that so as if I chop everyshot! and no! i`m not short shroking (I have been shooting my mag for a year now) go figure..well....back to my first question....how would I install an external reg? can I take the forgrip off and put it there???

freakyt
10-16-2001, 11:42 AM
From what I know about the older non-pro RTs, I don't think you could rig up a reg. Even if you re-fitted the whole asa with a Stabalizer for the front grip, you'd have a hell of time getting the air to the bottom input on the RT valve. I don't even know if that's possible. It would take some MAJOR work if you did want to try it.

If this pre-set is too much, then your gonna have to go for a variable output tank, like an Air America or a Smart Parts Maxflo. Those are alot of bucks, but they'll work nicely on that RT. AGD has their flatline too, that's a good setup.

I belive www.actionvillage.com has a Bulldog variable 47 for sale for abou $120 or $150. That's about as cheap as you can go for a varibale tank.

Hope that helps.

Temo Vryce
10-16-2001, 11:45 AM
to be able to tell you how to mount you reg we would have to know what type of a reg you are looking at mounting.

barretc
10-16-2001, 02:14 PM
I alrady gave examples above...but to help you and myself in anyway I can....

I would like to rig-up..possibly a vert regualtor...or an ASA reg..possibly an Vigilantie Reg or a GenX reg....