PDA

View Full Version : e-mag in raiin?

mcdkid
07-02-2004, 04:42 PM
i know that rain can screw up some electros but i was wondering how the e-mag stands up to rain. because it can be switched to mech, i wasn't sure if it still would affect the electronics somehow

Dayspring
07-02-2004, 04:47 PM
It's hooked up to a battery. It can get wet just like anything else.

Tuna had my old team put a bead of silicone caulk around the rim of the grip panels to keep it dry, but that's about all you can do.

durtysoufcraka
07-02-2004, 05:09 PM
but has anyone's e-mag gotten really messed up from rain? and how much is a "bead"? and do most ppl still play w/them in the rain? just a few questions i had as well.
-durty

lamby
07-03-2004, 04:35 AM
chicago open last year we played in the pouring rain. 3 emags on the team. Every one of them failed but worked fine when they were "dried out" no permanant damage.

Silicone everything you can and it will help (ps tape your power feed our you will have tons of problems)

If you want to do it right, get some acrylic potting spray and cover the board. It cost about $50 a can and can do MANY MANY boards

"most people" do not use emags.

jayloo
07-03-2004, 09:27 AM
I have used a warp fed emag in tourneys in the rain with no problems associated with my setup. Sliding into bunkers became a joke though. :p

SlipknotX556
07-03-2004, 02:07 PM
I never had a problem playing with my emag in the rain, I have played in the worst of rain, it kept running.