PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 installed... doenst work w/ barrel

philsneat
07-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I have just installed my new Level 10 into my 68 Automag Classic. I am using the 1.0 size carrier with the small spring and one shim. The bolt seems to work fine when my 14 in Dye Boomstick is not in the gun. However, when the barrel is on, the bolt does not move forward when the trigger is pulled. There is just air leaking down the barrel. I have attempted to adjust the velocity until the gun fired with no luck. Please help

sneakyhacker420
07-03-2004, 05:19 PM
check to see if there is any small burr on the inside of the body where the spring rests against it (in front of the bolt)

if theres a burr, take a round file and get rid of it

if theres no burr, im guessing that the barrel is too small of a bore for the level 10 bolt

the LX bolt is a larger diameter than the L7 bolts, so it sometimes has trouble with smaller bore barrel

athomas
07-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Some of the Dye boomsticks wouldn't work well with mags. Its a tolerance issue with the ouside diameter of the barrrel. Put a wrap of electrical tape under the barrel o-rings. This will tighten the tolerence of the barrel and help keep it in the center of the body. Hopefull it will keep the bolt from rubbing the barrel and keeping it from firing.