PDA

View Full Version : How much does shooting technique matter

mkmckinley
07-03-2004, 05:59 PM
I thought of a good discussion topic. Anyone that has real guns knows that technique is a big deal for shooting accurately but it's not brought up much in paintball. How much do you guys think it matters in paintball? I know that I get a decent 12" or 15" grouping from about 100' with my gun clamped to my deck, but never get anything close to that consistancy in a real game. Does anyone practice any kind of technique to shoot more accurately in games? What do you do (stance, mentally etc.)?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Stances:
1. Snap shooting (rapid fast aiming)
2. kneeling down both legs (stability)
3. laying down on stomach (stability)
4. laying down on back (awkward position but if needed because of bunker use it)
5. 1 knee down (leaning out for stability)
6. doubled over with your butt sticking back, but with your back straight (shooting getting ready to run)
7. weaver stance (standing straddled)
8. lying on side (snake bunker shooting technique)
9. gun over shoulder (large bunker)
10. gun cradled in elbow (tight postition)
11. gun sholdered (like a gun recoil into sholder)
12. gun from hip (i have no clue why so-cal does this)
13. gun tilted any angle (hiding hopper, off balence unless resting on bunker to shoot)
14. leaning (out of bunker)
15. crouched running shooting (very inaccurate)
16. crack shots(on the run and aiming like james bond getting perfect headshots)
17. holding foregrip (recoil less)
18. holding the tank with one hand (tight position)
19. holding the grip with one hand and pulling trigger with other (rapid fire raking)
20. holding gun grip with both hands(like a hand gun)
21. holding barrel like a shot gun (explained)
22. legs spread stradling the bunker( almost like hugging the bunker so profile of left and right is less)
23. resting gun on bunker (like 24)
24. bipod on gun (steady aim/shooting position)
25. the front slide into bunker ( smaller profile)
26. the side slide aka slide tackle (up and shooting but profile less)
27. jumping over bunker (feet ensures clearance)
28. front dive over bunker (shooting over, lets say the snake)
29. dead mans walk(move down field, aim fast and hide behind the bunker)
30. the trip, fall and break your hopper movement (no comment)
31. the crawl (low profile)
32. turn gun over and blank fire your gun to pretend you have no balls left (deception)
Mentally
1. Runners high (adreneline rush)
2. Calming your heart rate (very hard)
3. keep your cool (dont be intimidated thus keeping heartrate low so you aim better)
4. all out attack (rushing the other team)
5. stealthy hide and wait
6. yelling when your the last one left pretending you have more people on your team to fool the other team (shooting at random bunkers too)
7. getting pumped/ excited (aiming might be off because of heart rate higher)
8. :dance: (explains its self)
9. warcry/team chant/ team name/motivating factors
10. go out have fun (!!!!)

i could go on :D
all has it disadvantages and advantages

Crazy
07-03-2004, 06:24 PM
running and shooting accuratly is important also.

ramennoodles
07-03-2004, 08:02 PM
accuracy is a good thing but with a projectile with that much surface area and a liquid inside will never me very accurate, but shooting practice is a good thing, running buy to bunker someone you are screwed if youmiss the person, one chance kinda stuff like that.

TDonovan
07-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Go check out webdogradio.us

Tyger has got some great tips, and his latest video teaches how you can sense-shoot more accurately.

Tyger
07-04-2004, 01:27 AM
Your 'technique' isn't nearly as important as being able to repeat it. I get a lot of people who give me a hard time how I hold a paintgun, but becasue I hold it hte same way every time, I get consistent results.

Find something you're comfortable wiht, stick with it. This aint no firearm, ther'es no recoil, so just find something you're comfortable with. It works for me, at least...

-Tyger

PS : Smurf? :dance: is that some weird kinda bunker move I don't know about? Is it like you're dodging the paint left, then right? :rofl:

Lee
07-04-2004, 06:59 AM
paint to barrel match and practice.

speedball/airball with a pump gun is great for learning under pressure. or if you insist on semi, go limited paint, like a hopper full or less.

shartley
07-04-2004, 07:13 AM
PS : Smurf? :dance: is that some weird kinda bunker move I don't know about? Is it like you're dodging the paint left, then right? :rofl:
That is actually the “Lethal Weapon” dancing in your underwear to distract the opponent move. :D

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-04-2004, 10:49 AM
haha Tyger, that was listed under mental, do a little dance before you go out and play

Right on Shartley