PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Troubles

JoyInTheMadness
07-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Okay, testing my new E-Mag, I ran into some trouble. The Lvl 10 bolt was tuned on 800psi, and I was testing on a 750psi output tank. Firing the gun slowly seemed to work but when I increased the rate of fire, the gun seemed to sputter or half fire, like it didn't have enough pressure to recock. It also hissed like the lvl 10 was hitting something. What is wrong with my E-mag?

Chronobreak
07-04-2004, 12:53 PM
whast it chronoing at? might need to turn the velocity up a tad

athomas
07-05-2004, 11:04 AM
The level 10 setup you are running may require the chamber pressure to be fairly high. This wouldn't be as much of a problem with the 800psi output tank. Once you used the 750psi tank, it probably couldn't recharge the emag with air fast enough due to the decrease in differential pressure between source and chamber pressure. The 750psi output may actually be lower than shown on the gauge which would compound that problem even more. If you attempted to fire the emag before the chamber was fully recharged, the level 10 may kick in and chuff at the first sign of obstruction which could be a ball or a piece of dirt. This would only happen because the chamber pressure hadn't reached a high enough value to fully overcome the bolt spring and other forces.

If you utilize a smaller, lighter bolt spring or a higher pressure tank, you will maintain a higher differential operating pressure and the gun will be more reliable.

Bad_Knees
07-05-2004, 01:17 PM
The marker will need about 850-900 psi to operate sufficiently. Nothing wrong with it...athomas is pretty much right.

BK