PDA

View Full Version : Macroline Fittings on TAC-ONE

Jaremy Rykker
07-04-2004, 12:26 AM
If I'm wanting a gas through grip setup on my TAC-ONE to a bottomline ASA adapter that I can screw my nitro tank into, exactly what do I need, how will I install it, and what would you estimate the cost for parts at?

A Nobody
07-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Well, the Tac-One comes with a gas through fore-grip, so all you would really need is a couple of hoses and the bottom-line ASA. That wouldn't cost much at all, depending on what kind of hoses you get. You can save a little money, though, and just run one single hose from the bottom line to the valve. (You know that you'll just have to run another hose from the vertical ASA adapter back to the valve, right? Your sig leads me to believe that you don't have the Tac-One yet, you're just saving for it; sorry if I'm wrong.)

I have a Tac-One, and I just run one steel braided hose (it's 11 or 12 inches I think) from my bottom line (a Uni-mount) to the valve. That's how a lot of folks set up their mags, at least in my experience. Since the valve input is on the right side of the gun, I put the Uni-mount output on the left side (you can do this with a regular duckbill ASA of course) so that the hose moves from left to right across the back of the gun as it goes from the ASA to the valve. This keeps the hose out of the way of my hand, whether I'm shooting right or left handed. Of course I keep the gas through fore-grip on the gun to hold on to, but I just don't run any hoses through it.

I sure hope I didn't mis-interpret your question, and I tried to make the explanation clear. A couple of guys have pictures of their mags in their sigs, and you can see what I'm talking about (or just find one of the other bazillion pics of mags on the internet :) )

edited to add: Oh yeah, to install hoses I just use Teflon tape. Perhaps some people will recommend loc-tite, which of course works as well, but I find that Teflon is faster, not as messy, and still lasts a long time and seals well. I just wrap a little Teflon tape around the hose threads and screw it in.