PDA

View Full Version : It's Here! The Latest Z-man Prodution

Z-man
07-04-2004, 02:00 AM
Yes folks! its 10 to midnight but I have a short video up as a teaser to a larger and grander one that shall be up in the next few days.

Well Steelrat, Ghideon and myself met up for a day of testing and play at TAG Paintball (http://www.800tag5150.com/) in Watsonville. With a starter package generously provided by Ancient Innovations Corp (http://www.qloader.com/) (AIC the QLoader people). With a bit of practice and experimenting we found that a short feed was the best solution for the QLoader ot be responsive and consistent.

My Classic RT was being a punk and I did not want to deal with it so I broke out the SFL. Now because the E-Mags have that paperweight solenoid attached to the sear which slows it down a bit but even so the results were quite nice.

As an added bonus Steelrat had his '04 WASed Viking. Now besides the fact that it was every bit as fast as the E-mag, it was running off a conventional tank!

So sit back and enjoy! .WMV files coming soon

Video 1QLoader Fun! (http://homepage.mac.com/zvetter/.Movies/QLoader_short.mov) (the teaser for things to come)

Video 2Viking and Dynaflow tank video (http://homepage.mac.com/mvetter/.Movies/Viking_Dyndaflow.mov) (This video shows the Viking's performance and the Centerflag Tank)

VIDEO 3 THE BIG ONE QLoader vs Halo B V35 (http://homepage.mac.com/mvetter/.Movies/QLoader_vs_Halo_full.mov) 28.2 MB QuickTime MPEG-4

ALSO for those of you who cannot (or will not) get QuickTime working I suggest you look at a nice free little app called "VLC" (found here on Versiontracker.com (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/27193). It plays about any movie file you care about and should do the trick for this as well.

Rather
07-04-2004, 02:03 AM
YAY FIRST REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

*watching*

Finished_ and dear lord.. if that thing held more paint i wouldn't want to go agaisnt anyone with a q ever! ANd i couldn't tell but did you gat a ball break in any of those? :confused:

Other than that... :eek:

Z-man
07-04-2004, 02:12 AM
I should have put that in the first post.

In general the QLoader ran like a champ. as long as there were balls in the loader it DID NOT CHOP paint. only when the Q had run out and there were a few remaining balls resting in the feed neck (under no pressure) then we did get chops. But that is to expected. Again the impressive thing was that the QLoader fed the ALL 100 rounds without stopping or falling behind. It was godd.

Blazestorm
07-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Wimpy :D

I liked the other one... :(

www.sgclan.net/shootin.wmv

That was with 850psi input... and that devil of a maxflow (gave me nothing but problems the entire day *STAB*)

Rather
07-04-2004, 02:21 AM
In general the QLoader ran like a champ. as long as there were balls in the loader it DID NOT CHOP paint. only when the Q had run out and there were a few remaining balls resting in the feed neck (under no pressure) then we did get chops. But that is to expected. Again the impressive thing was that the QLoader fed the ALL 100 rounds without stopping or falling behind. It was godd.

:wow: Makes me want one that much more... :(

But you sir are a genious! :D http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Z-man
07-04-2004, 02:23 AM
You obviously have not been here long..

I made a movie like that back in 2003 and its rather consistent compared to that one.

Z-mans WAAAAAY Old 23bps Rapid-Fire video with a normal tank (http://homepage.mac.com/zvetter/.Movies/rapidfire.mov)

The Max-Flo is about as good as it gets for rapid-fire.

I keep a unified collection on my site here:

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Z-mans_AO_Corner/Z-mans_corner_main.html

Wimpy :D

I liked the other one... :(

www.sgclan.net/shootin.wmv

That was with 850psi input... and that devil of a maxflow (gave me nothing but problems the entire day *STAB*)

Blazestorm
07-04-2004, 02:47 AM
I've seen them all, I was just saying THIS maxflow was the devil, the fill nipple leaks, the on/off doesn't work, it can barely keep up with my mag shooting 20.

I love your videos man, you're crazy, I just got this thing, we slapped on my maxflow (PE Tank is in for Hydro.) And it was a crap maxflow.

:D :headbang:

t33kyboy
07-04-2004, 02:47 AM
:hail: :hail: :hail:

30bps just isnt fast enough for you...

cant wait till the longer one :headbang: :headbang:

Z-man
07-04-2004, 02:51 AM
I've seen them all, I was just saying THIS maxflow was the devil, the fill nipple leaks, the on/off doesn't work, it can barely keep up with my mag shooting 20.

I love your videos man, you're crazy, I just got this thing, we slapped on my maxflow (PE Tank is in for Hydro.) And it was a crap maxflow.

:D :headbang:

Sorry for my snappy replay :(.. 36 hours awake and just now getting to sleep...zZzzzzzz......

crackrocksteady
07-04-2004, 05:15 AM
im the tiredest person on ao right now. its 3am and its still the coolest thing ive ever seen. keep it up zman.

crackrocksteady

blykins
07-04-2004, 07:55 AM
:headbang:

jayloo
07-04-2004, 08:03 AM
Another kick A production by Z-man :hail:

I just went to the Q site and this is on their front page .... :rofl:

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/4000/Q_loader6699.jpg

Bad_Dog
07-04-2004, 08:29 AM
hahaha

that pic is awesome!

FutureMagOwner
07-04-2004, 10:17 AM
z-man have you ever considered getting a morlock board and doing a full auto with the emag with a normal tank to see if it can do the same thing? (might have to get an even beefier solinoid though lol)

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2004, 10:52 AM
OMFG thats SICK z-man

do you guys get to keep the Q-Loader setups for free???

LittlePaintballBoy
07-04-2004, 11:38 AM
OMFG thats SICK z-man

do you guys get to keep the Q-Loader setups for free???

^ Was wondering the exact same thing, if you do get to keep em and you don't really think you're gonna use em i'll take one of your hands. Tell me how much and i'll tell you how soon ;)

sitting_duck
07-04-2004, 12:22 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! :eek:

nice vid. i can't wait to see the big one. now i'm temped to buy a q-loader for my viking just to screw around. :headbang:

ghideon
07-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Heh, better have a friend help you load the QLoader. It is a two man job. Hopefully he'll post the longer video, and you'll see what we had to do to load em fast enough. And that's with half a day's practice (I chopped a ball while loading a Q pod, big PITA to clean).

FutureMagOwner
07-04-2004, 12:43 PM
i accually found a quick way to load mine with the silo with just myself, however having a rev or something load it instead would be much better lol (that reminds me i need to see if my egg will fit in it now)

BD_Paintball
07-04-2004, 01:00 PM
the link doesnt work for me, anyone else have that problem???
i want to see it too :cry:

lord1234
07-04-2004, 01:07 PM
works for me

make sure u have Quicktime installed.

Roca Z4
07-04-2004, 02:03 PM
WOW..

I've been thinking about getting a Q...After that, WOW...

ghideon
07-04-2004, 02:23 PM
They are cool. I spent most of my time that day helping Z-Man and Steelrat fill the things.

It's a chore. Don't treat em like regular pods, and if you get paint in em (like breaking a ball while loading, like I did) take the time to clean them out.

The diassembly of the pod was fairly straight forward if you've got the manual in front of you. Just take the time to clean out all the paint, cause dirt will stick to the paint like glue. After a few sessions, Z-Man got pretty good at it. And, we all agreed it's actually a pretty cool design.

There's a lot of nooks and crannies in the top assembly of the pod that need to be cleaned. The first time we did a so-so job of cleaning it out, and Steelrat dropped it in the dirt while we were filming. That resulted in getting dirt into the feed port of the pod, not a good thing.

Like someone said before, use another hopper to load the pods. We took a HALO, connected it to a hose, ran the hose into the feed port of the pod, and turned the HALO on. Then we used to crank to load the balls in. As the balls were loaded the HALO kept the stack of balls in the tube full.

Also, one more tip that Z-Man found out. Try to keep the ball stack as short as possible, from the pod to the neck of the marker. This helps it feed faster (that's why in all the videos you see, they mounted it directly onto the feed neck). Of course, if you're not trying to shoot 30+ bps, you have some leeway in this.

WARPED1
07-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Um, cool, but isn't the whole reason for the existence of the Qloader to get the hopper off the top of the gun?

the123
07-04-2004, 03:00 PM
""""As an added bonus Steelrat had his '04 WASed Viking. Now besides the fact that it was every bit as fast as the E-mag, it was running off a conventional tank! """"

The Dynaflow / hyperflow is probably the only regulator that would keep up like it did. Impressive video.

ghideon
07-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Z-Man also has some video footage of Steelrat's marker doing 30+ bps without paint, with the camera on the needle of the gauge. It went very, very well.

The nice thing about the Q-Loader is that you have a lot of different mounting options. For the high speed testing, Z-Man wanted the shortest ball stack possible.

Aegis
07-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Zman is probably going to be the first player to hit the field with a crew-served weapon.

Good work, Boys, You make me proud.

Z-man
07-04-2004, 05:37 PM
The QLoader people tell me that they market the speed of the loader, its ability to feed from anywhere on the marker, and the fact that it's fast to reload.

Which aspect do you think I was showcasing here? :confused:

Besides, you can moun the Q anywhere you chose. Ihappen to like the fastest mounting position. It had trouble keeping up when the tube made 90? turns.

Um, cool, but isn't the whole reason for the existence of the Qloader to get the hopper off the top of the gun?

Blennidae
07-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Did you happen to retry the Victory boarded Halo while you were testing? This paint seems a bit better then the stuff used in the previous testing.

Z-man
07-04-2004, 05:53 PM
actually we did try the Victory Board again. It did better this time than last but it still would not feed 30bps consistantly. It's all coming ;)

FutureMagOwner
07-04-2004, 07:07 PM
well bring it damnit!!!! ;) :)

sneakyhacker420
07-04-2004, 07:17 PM
actually we did try the Victory Board again. It did better this time than last but it still would not feed 30bps consistantly. It's all coming ;)try an empire reloader-b one day

MDA71
07-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Nice video! Much better than the halo w/victory board video. You were chopping like crazy on that video.

I attached a pic w/ sound analysis of bps. :shooting:

Z-man
07-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey thanks MDA71. I will eventually have all of the runs that we care about graphed out but I thank you for the assist.

Happy 4th to you all bty.

I am still working on the "bigger movie" but I will say this. In consideration of size and download time there will be several changes made.

1- I will put up the most popular of the movies in QuickTime AND nasty Windowz format to stem the tide of posts regarding it :)

2- I will be putting up several smaller movies instead of just 1 huge 50Mb+ one. That makes it easier for you all and in case some of the ones turn to be duds, you dont have to watch those.

Also see the other thread I am making on the PB Talk regarding my videos.

T- 5 minutes for the Viking demo video.

amoeba
07-04-2004, 09:21 PM
z-man... you rock my socks off! :headbang:

SpecialBlend2786
07-05-2004, 01:13 AM
nice vids you guys, Zak I cant wait for that big video :clap: :bounce:

Carbon
07-05-2004, 05:47 AM
Zak or steelrat, did the Vik have noticable/visible shootdown?

Z-man
07-05-2004, 05:52 AM
None whatsoever. Actually the second video I put on the original post (Viking + Dynaflow (http://homepage.mac.com/mvetter/.Movies/Viking_Dyndaflow.mov)) shows how well both the Viking and the Dynaflow tank.

Like how I am up at 4am? The bigger video will be up later this morn.zzzZZzzzZzzzzzz....

LittlePaintballBoy
07-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Hooray hooray hooray! I can't wait for it, Zak always has the best videos.

GerbilGod7
07-05-2004, 06:39 PM
(subscribed)

Carbon
07-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Zman and his videos is like Moses parting the BS Sea of of PBnation.

the larch
07-05-2004, 10:10 PM
wow.So happy I have ule warp body :) Now i just need a everything else z-man has...

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/2000/qlogic%20mag%200076910_rs.jpg

GT
07-05-2004, 10:18 PM
None whatsoever. Actually the second video I put on the original post (Viking + Dynaflow (http://homepage.mac.com/mvetter/.Movies/Viking_Dyndaflow.mov)) shows how well both the Viking and the Dynaflow tank..

As an added bonus Steelrat had his '04 WASed Viking. Now besides the fact that it was every bit as fast as the E-mag, it was running off a conventional tank!

how long have i said that the dyna just owns any tank out there! :headbang: :headbang:

Steelrat
07-05-2004, 10:27 PM
how long have i said that the dyna just owns any tank out there! :headbang: :headbang:

I dunno, but I'm sure glad I did my homework before dropping all that money on a tank. What makes it even better is that the Dyna is easily user-serviceable, and their customer service is excellent. Viking plus Dynaflow, im so spoiled ;)

GT
07-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Viking plus Dynaflow, im so spoiled ;)

Ive got a brand new dynaflow just wating for my featherlite. I here im only two weeks away.

Steelrat
07-05-2004, 10:46 PM
The viking in the video is gone, my featherlite will be here later in the week :D Ahhh, Heaven...

LittlePaintballBoy
07-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Another Featherlite? Jesus Ryan, you have had more new vikings and Excals then one for every day I have played some ball with you :rofl:

Z-man
07-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Video #3 is up! its the big one. There is one more fun one coming out but for now here is:

VIDEO 3 THE BIG ONE QLoader vs Halo B V35 (http://homepage.mac.com/mvetter/.Movies/QLoader_vs_Halo_full.mov) 28.2 MB QuickTime MPEG-4

FutureMagOwner
07-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LittlePaintballBoy
07-06-2004, 11:17 AM
w00t!

LittlePaintballBoy
07-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Oh man, the best part of that video has to be the end. "AGG Provided by TeaCup" :rofl:

Also, after you watch it normally watch it while holding down fast forward the whole time, as with all of Zak's videos this will increase your viewing pleasure by at least %63.7 :clap:

Blennidae
07-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Cool new video (as always), but I did notice one thing. In the last test with the SFL, the caption proceeding it states its the Halo, but the video is of the Qloader.

Z-man
07-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Cool new video (as always), but I did notice one thing. In the last test with the SFL, the caption proceeding it states its the Halo, but the video is of the Qloader.

FREAKING!!!! FREAKING@#$%$%###$%^ sigh.. ok thanks I can fix that pretty fast later today.. thanks for the heads up.

hAppy
07-06-2004, 05:13 PM
FREAKING!!!! FREAKING@#$%$%###$%^ sigh.. ok thanks I can fix that pretty fast later today.. thanks for the heads up.
:rofl:

FutureMagOwner
07-06-2004, 05:21 PM
lol z-man also with the loading the q pod thing, you may wanna try putting the halo directly onto the reload socket, i did it with my egg 2 since my halo is broke and it makes it very much easier especially for one man operation

Z-man
07-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Well I looked at doing that but there are 2 reasons I did it with the hose.

1- the extra balls stacked pushes them in better overall and allows me to feed the Q pods up faster and:

2- when I have a tube I can see if the balls are goign in or if the halo fell behind or the balls are not feeding in. We had some issues with that early on.

MDA71
07-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Z-Man,

Any chance we can see you mags shoot using a regular HP Tank? That would be more a practical test. :)

Z-man
07-07-2004, 01:26 AM
I do have a video of my (ex) RT Pro doing 23bps with a Halo from way back when. The fact of the matter is, though the RT valve is pleny fast enough to shoot 30-40bps, getting the valve to bounce that fast unassisted is tough beyond 25-26bps.

I had had a thought recently about those of you who have stuffed a crap load too many shims into your ULE Triggers. perhaps the smaller and lighter on/off pin and the pull would allow for faster cycles. The issue is not the tank so much as gtting the valve on/off pin to bounce fast understand?

kylyo123456
07-07-2004, 01:46 PM
I live for these videos. I want to put up a vid of my xmag, It is super fast :headbang:

Mighty Mike
07-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Great video Zak!! :hail: I especially liked the background music. :headbang: :headbang: If you're ever in need of a Frenzied Timmy for your next project....just let me know. :)

FutureMagOwner
07-07-2004, 02:21 PM
zak what do you use for editing your videos by the way? i got a camera and made some movies and to be able to put the information into the video itself, along with put some more interesting things like music, etc would be cool

dookie
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
hey zak its duke i was tehre wen u amde the video i cant wait till teh big agg moment lol wit teacup and his aggness lol.i cant wait me and him have been lookin for it for ahwile.dan that was fast to props to the q-loader and zak vetter
-duke

SpecialBlend2786
07-12-2004, 08:15 PM
WAS THAT A ZAK VETTER SHIRT I SAW?!?! :headbang:

haha, thats awesome.

team unwanted
07-14-2004, 09:18 PM
agdpride22: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=143483 vid 3
PHILLYfanatic105: i dont feel like watching any mag videos when i know my gun is faster

thought that was funny

Z-man
07-14-2004, 09:32 PM
zak what do you use for editing your videos by the way? i got a camera and made some movies and to be able to put the information into the video itself, along with put some more interesting things like music, etc would be cool

Most of the time I just use iMovie as its pretty well made for small simple movies. Along with iTunes I think that is the smartest thing Apple makes and distributes fro free.

WAS THAT A ZAK VETTER SHIRT I SAW?!?! :headbang:

haha, thats awesome.

The credit for that goes to Rogue Factor who as patiently waited for me to releace the video footage with me talking about it.

the "AGG" video was in all honesty a last minute thing I threw in and I wish I had more footage to make it into something it deserves. Still TeaCup (on PBN) has been wanting ot see it and at least you can see more of it. See if you can catch all the refernces in the shirt ;)

Rough AGG Video (with Z-man Shirt) (http://www.zakvetter.com/videos/A2thaG2.mov)

Butterfingers
07-14-2004, 10:15 PM
""""As an added bonus Steelrat had his '04 WASed Viking. Now besides the fact that it was every bit as fast as the E-mag, it was running off a conventional tank! """"

The Dynaflow / hyperflow is probably the only regulator that would keep up like it did. Impressive video.

For low pressure hammer type guns I would agree it has larger passageways for better flow.

However in my experiments I find that Air America Tanks kick everybody's arse when it comes to high pressure recharge. Thier optimal range is in the mag's optimal range.

The recharge on a centerflag dosent even compare to an AA reg over 850 psi.

I did my E-mag 25 bps videos with the heavy anchor solnoid at around 950-1000 psi with an AA reg kept up without a complaint. The LX as seen in one of the videos worked well too.

http://paintball.butters.org

Steelrat
07-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Well, I thought it was your test that showed the Dynas were good at flow, and not quite as good at recharge. So it would recharge more slowly, but the pressure wouldnt drop as much as the others. The closeup of the guage seemed to show the output would not drop more than a hunder psi or so, and it seemed to rechage pretty quickly, or at least more quickly than I remember it doing before.

You know a heck of a lot more about this than I do, however. I just know its a great tank for the viking and excal.

space_weazel_45
07-15-2004, 04:00 AM
Any idea on the ETA of the "how fast can a Mag go without chopping" video?

Z-man
07-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Any idea on the ETA of the "how fast can a Mag go without chopping" video?

well.. you just watched my latest one of 30bps no chopping with the QLoader... was there another you were looking for?

Butterfingers
07-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Well, I thought it was your test that showed the Dynas were good at flow, and not quite as good at recharge. So it would recharge more slowly, but the pressure wouldnt drop as much as the others. The closeup of the guage seemed to show the output would not drop more than a hunder psi or so, and it seemed to rechage pretty quickly, or at least more quickly than I remember it doing before.

You know a heck of a lot more about this than I do, however. I just know its a great tank for the viking and excal.

Correct. A dyna/hyper would be best for your gun becuase its optimal operating range is around your input.

Also your gun would require more flow because it flows higher volumes at lower pressures.

The speed of a mag at this point it limited by the airsystem and its recharge not by the internal workings of the RT valve. The faster the recharge of the tank the faster the RT Reg will recharge the faster the gun will fire.

Unlike hammer type guns that continually take air from the tank throughout thier cycle. A mag can only take air from the tank when the sear is in the locked position. This makes a high recharge tank CRITICAL. If sombody ever makes an RT based tank reg we will see some insane speeds.

Recharge requirements are so fast for an RT valve that if you hook an automag RT to a scuba tank WIDE open with a gauge in line between shots the gauge will move 25-100 psi depending on input pressure and scuba yoke design. :wow: Mind you there is no restriction here other than passageway restriction!

space_weazel_45
07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Sorry I was under the impression that there was another one coming, my mistake.

Thanks

Z-man
07-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Sorry I was under the impression that there was another one coming, my mistake.

Thanks

No problem. I am far from done making videos and I will be trying for higher speeds as time goes by. You can be sure ill post them when I make them ;)

Gotin Drachenhart
07-16-2004, 09:59 AM
I find it amusing that the magazine is becoming popular. I'd personally like a box style magazine though that attaches right to the marker :D

Very impressive though, you are entering the lower end of minigun cyclic rates there! :shooting:
:hail:

devingoode
07-16-2004, 10:36 AM
do you guys go to TAG regulary or sometimes SCP? thats where i practice with my team, if your ever going to SCP pm me, there is a 3 man tourney at scp aug 1st if you 3 want to check it out. my team will be there, i heard rumors that the winning team gets a scp sponsorship?..?..but my teams going for it lol, great job with vid and keep the Z-Clips coming
Devin

LittlePaintballBoy
07-16-2004, 12:12 PM
We've played at SCP alot for AO days, we were there just last month.

Hairball
07-16-2004, 02:40 PM
I guess if nothing else, the Q-Loader is fast.