please let me know what is going on
and if so are there any other models
cause the guy said he was gettin one for like 350 CANADIAN

and i remebered seeing somewhere that they are worth welll over
10 grand american
is this true?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Minimag4me
10-15-2001, 08:33 PM
All it was is a useless mod to the air chamber to make the valve run at a lower pressure from what im told. It caused shootdown. I know there were a lot more than 10 made and one would never sell for 10 grand. SOrry but u must have been mistaken.

Muzikman
10-15-2001, 08:49 PM
It's an Automag A.I.R. that was distributed by Smart Parts. As sstated above it was designed to make a Mag lower preassure, but never really worked. The "Smart Mag" came from when Smart Parts use to put what they called a "Magic Box" on your reg. It did the same thing, made the air chamber larger so that it ran on a lower preassure. With the Smart Mag, they just integrated the larger air chamber into the A.I.R.

There where alot made, not sure of a total number, but I am sure you can call Smart Parts and find out. They are also not worth much more than a standard mag. Unless it has all the Smart Parts after market stuff on it...then it would be alittle more.

vtec
10-15-2001, 09:45 PM
i bought a smart mag from a friend of mine, and i know there were at least 384 made b/c mine is S/N SM00384 =)

PsychoMag
10-16-2001, 05:40 AM
last time I was onm SP's website, you can still get them for $100 more than an automag. Nothing special about them. No limited production, no bells and whistles, just a little black box that looks like crap and gets in the way. My friend bought one a couple years back and no difference was seen, except in the rundown.