PDA

View Full Version : A Real Sport

mcdkid
07-04-2004, 09:54 PM
i think i have come up with the reason the people don't think pb is a real sport. its because of our "pro" players, the ones that get payed to play. no i'm not saying that they aren't good, i'm saying they are not reconized as higher "class" poeple like in other sports.

basically Chris Lasoya probly won't get away with murder
and if members of dynasty had rape or drug charges, they would do time

all i'm sayin is that untill Clare bites someones ear off we will just have to wait for better TV coverage.

Target Practice
07-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Clare can bite my ear off any day... ;)

ilikePB
07-04-2004, 10:07 PM
A lot of you people are obsessed with Claire or Clare, however you spell it, it's pretty wierd. Anyway, I think you are correct mcdkid.

mcdkid
07-04-2004, 10:16 PM
i'm not obsessed with clare (i know some guys on here that probly stalk her) but i was just tryin to think of names and i saw that ule body add...

Target Practice
07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
A lot of you people are obsessed with Claire or Clare, however you spell it, it's pretty wierd.

Whoa-ho-ho, hold up there, Turbo. I'm sorry if I didn't get the memo that banned humor on these forums, but I'll try to watch myself in the future.

ilikePB
07-04-2004, 10:27 PM
I wasn't necessarily saying that either of you were. It just seems that she is brought up in almost every thread. And when I went to post that I agreed with the thread it just occured to me that is the case, but not just because of this. So I'm not saying that either of you are, but in general, it seems that a lot of AO has an unusual fixation with her. Especially considering that she really isn't all that hot or anything(imo) it seems wierd.

Lohman446
07-04-2004, 10:36 PM
When those interested start paying attention to the players more than the models it might get more respect.

Nothing against the models, everyone I talked to at Chicago was friendly and everything, but when we as the spectators (face it most of us who play tournaments are spectators to the upper ranks of players - like playing tournament basketball does not make you a pro). I can tell yuo the names of a lot of models, not a lot of players. Ditto most of the people I talk to. Tell me again why we are not on tv :tard:

Now dont take that offensively, it is not worded politely, but it is meant to make you, and me think.

Mango
07-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I wasn't necessarily saying that either of you were. It just seems that she is brought up in almost every thread. And when I went to post that I agreed with the thread it just occured to me that is the case, but not just because of this. So I'm not saying that either of you are, but in general, it seems that a lot of AO has an unusual fixation with her. Especially considering that she really isn't all that hot or anything(imo) it seems wierd.

YOU!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/DieInAFire3.gif

POST PICS!!

kbye

Beemer
07-05-2004, 10:36 AM
YOU!

POST PICS!!

kbye

oh lookie someone got them self a .gif program. Wow 4 frames or is that 5? Thats a real flamer. :wow:

ilikePB
07-05-2004, 12:08 PM
YOU!

POST PICS!!

kbye

I don't get it. What do you mean "POST PICS!!"? Why do you want me die in fire? Your post didn't make much sense(at least to me).

GT
07-05-2004, 12:14 PM

Sometimes AO weirds me out too. I try to stay out of small talk just for this reason. Although everyone I meet at AO days are "realtivly" normal.

hAppy
07-05-2004, 01:20 PM
i think i have come up with the reason the people don't think pb is a real sport. its because of our "pro" players, the ones that get payed to play. no i'm not saying that they aren't good, i'm saying they are not reconized as higher "class" poeple like in other sports.

all i'm sayin is that untill Clare bites someones ear off we will just have to wait for better TV coverage.just b/c the "pros" arent recognized doesnt mean its not a sport
the game just isnt that popular, a game doesnt have to be popular to make it a sport.
and celebrities arent treated better, kobe will be in prison as soon as their is enough evidence put on him. its just cus hes rich, he has a good lawyer.

celebrity = rich = good lawyer = advantage = wins court
celebrity does not = law

Mango
07-05-2004, 01:47 PM
:D ;)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/forumtools.jpg

Mango
07-05-2004, 02:17 PM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/wiggle.gif

Hey, I try to be quality when I flame on AO

Jeffy-CanCon
07-05-2004, 02:41 PM

all i'm sayin is that untill Clare bites someones ear off we will just have to wait for better TV coverage.

That's circular logic. "Paintball isn't a sport because it's top-level players aren't rich celebrities" :tard:

Most paintball ISN'T a real sport. Tourney-play might be a sport, but it's really less sport-like than golf, even. The most sport-like iteration of paintball, X-Ball, or NXL, is tainted by industry over-involvement that casts it's basic honesty into doubt.

ilikePB
07-05-2004, 04:25 PM
:D ;)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/forumtools.jpg

I like that, it's funny. But you are still weird. :p

tyrion2323
07-05-2004, 07:38 PM
i'm not obsessed with clare (i know some guys on here that probly stalk her) but i was just tryin to think of names and i saw that ule body add...

Yeah.....I'm gonna have to agree here. All I know is that if online people started a fanclub for my girlfriend, I'd get a bit defensive.

mcdkid
07-06-2004, 02:01 PM
it seems some of u took what i said seriously...

advice for the furure don't do that to much, i have watch to much comedy central to be serious longer than 5-6 mins a day

hAppy
07-06-2004, 02:11 PM

advice for the furure don't do that to much, i have watch to much comedy central to be serious longer than 5-6 mins a day
or a bigger hint of sarcasm will help.... :confused:

Bolter
07-06-2004, 03:28 PM
mcdkid, I laughed out loud at your posts. I am on the same wavelength ;)

But yes you are right the Pro paintballers have not been put in the limelight like other sports. There are two major teams that will be remembered above all others in my book......Avalanche (with Lasoya etc) and the current Dyansty. Not saying no-ones never heard of the other great teams and likewise Im not talking about skills, this is a media coverage, and therefore stardom, discussion. There are many factors which will influence popularity in sport.

acceptance to mainstream
money in prizes and sponsorship
media coverage, getting your face and team out there in mags and vids
training hard
winning

and probably many more. I feel the teams that crack this, will stand a better chance at getting recognised as mainstream and have stardom and as I said I think the only two so far EDIT:----> that have been anywhere near close (and there are others getting close) are the old Avalanche and the Dynasty machine. Insert --> And they are no-where near.

Keep your eye on the Russian Legion.....

Jeffy-CanCon
07-06-2004, 03:57 PM
mcdkid -

When you are joking, give us a sign. Remember that most of the people here (myself included) will not know you well enough to recognize when you might be offering a serious opinion, or making a joke. Tone of voice doesn't come through in text.

Bolter -

Dynasty and Avalanche may be big in paintball, but they are still nobodies to the non-paintball world. And the non-paintball world outnumbers us 40-1, even in North America. And that counst once-a-year rental players. Maybe Dynasty gets a lot of coverage in the paintball media, but I've never seen them in SI, or on CNN. And the money they get from paintball, if it is even enough to live on, is a pittance compared to "big" sports. Farm team hockey players make more money than pro-paintballers. If you expect the money to make headlines, it will have to be in the millions.

KRAKMT
07-06-2004, 04:23 PM
You might be supprised at how fast the knowledge base is changing. I disaggree that the current sport is a spectator sport over a participation sport- I couldn't care less about the pro weiners- Just let me play and for the most part people would rather play. But I know a 12 year old that has flashcards of the Naught Dogs, watches every video and can tell you position, marker and style of all of the dynasty players and most of the pro players.

mcdkid -

When you are joking, give us a sign. Remember that most of the people here (myself included) will not know you well enough to recognize when you might be offering a serious opinion, or making a joke. Tone of voice doesn't come through in text.

Bolter -

Dynasty and Avalanche may be big in paintball, but they are still nobodies to the non-paintball world. And the non-paintball world outnumbers us 40-1, even in North America. And that counst once-a-year rental players. Maybe Dynasty gets a lot of coverage in the paintball media, but I've never seen them in SI, or on CNN. And the money they get from paintball, if it is even enough to live on, is a pittance compared to "big" sports. Farm team hockey players make more money than pro-paintballers. If you expect the money to make headlines, it will have to be in the millions.

ilikePB
07-06-2004, 04:45 PM

Comedy Central rocks!! I don't watch it as much as you because I can be serious for about 3 hours. I'm pretty slow so you might have to put sarcasm tags or something around your posts, lol.

Bolter
07-06-2004, 05:06 PM
mcdkid -

Bolter -

I agree completely with your comments about how they aren't well known outside paintball. Thats also exactly what I meant and put. My post was saying "in the paintball world the closest we got is....." and "to be accepted as superstars we (the paintball world) must ....."

And has everyone taken dontunderstandsubtlejokesandneedasign pills tonight? Whats mcdkid gotta do? Smack you in the face with a soggy trout?

EDIT: I have corrected my previous post

Clare
07-06-2004, 05:07 PM
I'll bite someone's ear off if it helps

:p

Muzikman
07-06-2004, 05:34 PM
I'll bite someone's ear off if it helps

:p

Oh oh oh...me first;)

mcdkid
07-06-2004, 06:13 PM
every little bit/bite helps

Beemer
07-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Serious are you joking

It says dont mix meds with alcohol, but I do anyway. Its great.

I was waiting for Mango to fix the resolution in his gif so it would be Quality. ;)
Dont have me smack you again :cheers:

I.A.D.S.P.B.P.
Beemer