PDA

View Full Version : AGDs contributions to the current tournament style

Lohman446
07-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Paintball has changed remarkably in the past into the tournament scene of today (not dissing anything else, at the time I am trying to form a scenario team). What I am discussing is the style of play you see in speedball and its derivatives. Now with this style has come a change in player attitudes, and unfortunately a lot of people no longer see this as a "gentleman's" sport where you play by the rules because they are the rules, not because of what a ref can do to you. We have markers shooting at insane speeds etc. I can understand AGD's dislike for what this is but I was sitting here noting how ironic it is, considering the things they have brought in that were fundamental to this change or helping it (granted someone else might have) . This was just something I found ironic.

Constant air was there, most recballers used it, but still the tournaments enforced rules involving twelve grams. Out comes the six pack. This thing allows changing of CO2 so quickly that constant air makes very little difference to it, and constant air is allowed.

The first full cover face mask not just goggles. Would we be shooting 20BPS if head shots did not count? Would we be allowing it if we were wearing just goggles?

Semi-automotac blow forward technology. Think of the current markers that use this or something very close to it, it was a major step.

HPA - where would a lot of these markers be without HPA? I understand that a perfectly regulated CO2 system might be ok under ideal conditions, but really how often does that happen.

The warpfeed - no force fed hoppers.... the warpfeed like it or not is forcefeed, where the rules changed for this or the HALO (I don't know honestly).

ramennoodles
07-05-2004, 09:15 AM
here here! :cheers:

madmatt151
07-05-2004, 09:33 AM
This is pretty ironic. It also proves that AGD is innovative. I think it is a shame that they may be absent from one part of the sport. I understand Tom's decision, but am sad to see them missing from the tourney scene.

hAppy
07-05-2004, 01:23 PM
This is pretty ironic. It also proves that AGD is innovative. I think it is a shame that they may be absent from one part of the sport. I understand Tom's decision, but am sad to see them missing from the tourney scene.
at least theirs still the good feeling of achievement :clap: good job Tom!

toymyster
07-05-2004, 07:21 PM
I for one, an looking forward to the next innovation!!!

punkncat
07-05-2004, 07:28 PM
We have markers shooting at insane speeds etc. I can understand AGD's dislike for what this is

I don't think that this has anything to do with the extraction from the tourney market.
It comes down to the fact that the firing system that AGD was using for the fast "tourney ready" markers came under a patent infringement suit that AGD was not interested in giving SP royalties for.
As fast as the RTP is , it is still not as fast as the mainstream , hype crazed players would consider "ready" to go up against the insanely fast ramping electro monsters they would be playing against.
Realizing this fact AGD smartly decided to reduce marketing for that sector until they have a new fast system that operates on a principal not "owned" by someone else.