PDA

View Full Version : Need Help !!

Robert_Mendes
07-05-2004, 09:28 AM
I Have a X-Mag with a level 10 bolt a preset 4500 from PMI of 850 PSI, and have a problem witch is the following:

I can be shooting paint with the gun and after a bit it frezes up and only when I remove the barrel and push in the bolt i can get only one shot off and i need to keep doing this for a while untile it starts shooting normaly but again after a bit it frezes up again and i need to remove the barrel again and so on and so on.

I think that there is a pressure problem but not sure, because it seems to me the there isint any pressure inside the valve that resets it.

Can anyone Please help me ( i'm really thinking on sellin the dam thing )

Robert Mendes

athomas
07-05-2004, 10:50 AM
You are getting bolt stick. Use a larger carrier in the powertube. That should make it work better.

Robert_Mendes
07-05-2004, 11:48 AM
how should the carrier slide with the bolt should it slide freely and easly or should it be tight with the bolt ??

Dayspring
07-05-2004, 12:05 PM
You should be able to dangle the bolt from the carrier, give it a shake and have it fall off. If it doesn't move at all, it's too tight. If it slides right off, it's too loose.

Robert_Mendes
07-05-2004, 12:11 PM
in the power tube i have 2 shims need i to put more in ?

in the power tube i have ( insertion by order ) 1 backwasher , 1 carrier with o'ring around and inside and 2 shims, and of couser the top of the power tube.

i saw somewhere here in the forum people that put more then 2 shims so i'm not sure if this is ok.

athomas
07-06-2004, 05:45 AM
You should use enough shims to vent as soon as possible, but not enough that you will get leaking while at rest or if you start to pull the trigger.

Robert_Mendes
07-06-2004, 11:01 AM
OK i'll let it stay for now and try changing carriers and see what happens.

By the way does anyone do softwear updates in Europe??