PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Nubbins are HEAR!!! Come and Get'em!!!!

AGD
10-16-2001, 01:07 AM
AO Test Team,

The plastic nubbins are IN! We need YOU to test them! All you have to do is send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to us here at AGD and we will send it back to you with 4 new nubbins and an AGD sticker. We have a limited quantity so only the first 100 get the things to test.

To be specific, you put your name and address on an envelope like you are going to send it to yourself. Along with that stick on the correct postage to mail a letter. Put THAT envelope inside ANOTHER envelope and send that to us. We will send your envelope back to you with the sticker and nubbins.

Screw up the postage or the address and it's going in the garbage, Joann is going to kill me for doing this so I want to make it easy on the girls up front.

Post any problems here!

Thanks,

AGD

JanStah
10-16-2001, 02:11 AM
But can we have some pics too please?

I'm interested to see what the differences are.

THX

Jan.

MajorDamage
10-16-2001, 02:57 AM
Zowee! Im gonna have to mail that out tommorey!

ENDO!

Paintballer86
10-16-2001, 04:51 AM
YAY! I shall send out my self addressed envolope today!

Sledgehammer
10-16-2001, 05:22 AM
I'd love to get the plastic nubbins for testing, but, how do I send a stamped envelope from Germany?

PsychoMag
10-16-2001, 05:31 AM
just sent my envelope for mine :)

PowerFedMag
10-16-2001, 05:32 AM
Save some for Team Grudge Match!

I have to go to school now, no time to send out envelope, NOOOO!

:cool:

LCDmag1
10-16-2001, 08:42 AM
Mines in the mail.

Potatoboy
10-16-2001, 08:56 AM
Sent!

That's funny, I was going to call today and order 4 V-nubbins, I broke 2 P-nubbins over the weekend. Some plastic ones would be great!

Thordic
10-16-2001, 09:05 AM
I just made my brother do it since I'm stuck at work and he's home all day...

He complained a little about having to walk a half block to the mailbox, but my envelope is in the mail.

Paul La Rue
10-16-2001, 10:17 AM
I can't send a stamped envelope from Canada either...arrgg it's tourture. :-)

Hey Tom, can I convince you to mail me a couple for PballCanada?

Dragoon
10-16-2001, 10:33 AM
I might be the exception buy, I broke my first nubbin this weekend at my last tournament to the year. I only noticed it when I took out my barrel to make sure it was clean (just checking even though I didn't brake a ball all day - go emag with warp!). Do you guys brake a lot of nubbins?

Any chance some of the plastic nubbins could be sent up to Canada? We can't send you envelopes pre-stamped with US stamps. I'm sure Paul la Rue at PballCanada could get a bunch distributed. If you were to send him a dozen or so we could send him self-addressed stamped envelopes.

Don't forget about us!

Douglas.

a_malfunction
10-16-2001, 10:35 AM
What exactly do these new nubbins "hear"? :) Just pickin' on ya Tom!

Prezents
10-16-2001, 11:49 AM
My letter is in the mail!!!
Prezentshttp://www.mauisun.org/ubb/smilies/cwm9.gif

Shaft
10-16-2001, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I just sent my envelope out.
On company letterhead too. He he.

slayer
10-16-2001, 12:26 PM
hail great leader. I was looking forward to this day, when my nubbin wouldn't bend up in my barrel and cut my expensive aluminum barrels. My letter will go out today.

Xzion
10-16-2001, 12:36 PM
OH WAIT! ive got US stamps around here SOMEWHERE!!! *goes of rummaging through drawers trying to find the US stamps he has on hand, muttering to himself "Stamp..... Stamp.... Stamp...."*

Muzikman
10-16-2001, 12:39 PM
Xzion,
If Tom is willing to let me have a few more, I am willing to send them up to you.

Dubstar112
10-16-2001, 01:17 PM
sent mine in... :)

Riot[Z-Grip]
10-16-2001, 01:19 PM
But won't those people who live closer to AGD have a better chance of getting the nubbins? It's limited to 100 people, and the closer you live, the less time it will take for the letter to reach AGD.

ProjectMag
10-16-2001, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by IWannaRiot979
But won't those people who live closer to AGD have a better chance of getting the nubbins? It's limited to 100 people, and the closer you live, the less time it will take for the letter to reach AGD.

Good point! I live in Iowa and just got my letter sent out, so it should be one of the first ones there. Sorry to those who live far away.

Bigzamboni
10-16-2001, 02:10 PM
I am going to send my letter out tommorrow... I really hope I am one of the first hundred I live a moderate distance from AGD(NJ). But If not... I'm sure I could bum one off of Thordic if I see him anytime after he gets them... ;)

Threewheeler
10-16-2001, 02:28 PM
I don't think I've got a snowball's chance... but I'll send my letter (all the way from Japan).

Wish me luck...

Three

Xzion
10-16-2001, 02:36 PM
Muzikman; if he does, that would be great! I greatly appreciate the offer :)

AkaEnder
10-16-2001, 02:45 PM
Plastic nubbins are HERE even ;) Unless of course they make alot of noise, and you can HEAR them from there. Err yea :D

Russ
10-16-2001, 02:47 PM
Thanks Tom!

The letter's going out tonight after I get home from work. I'll report back on how they hold up...

Gecko
10-16-2001, 03:07 PM
if my emag has not been shipped yet could you throw in a couple with it?
Emag 639
Chris Wilke
Gecko

StevoC
10-16-2001, 03:23 PM
Hope it doesn't take too long for mine to get there from CA. We'll see.

ah137
10-16-2001, 04:01 PM
in the mail!!!!

Tunaman
10-16-2001, 04:05 PM
The check is in the mail! But Tom....you are asking us to test them? I am sure you had the honor of trying them already? Well? Do they work? Ah, silly me....what a dumb question...I already know that AGD(You) would not make something that doesn't work! Can't wait to try um'!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Omicron
10-16-2001, 04:16 PM
Tom, can you send some to pballcanada??beecause i'm in canada, and it would be torture to send a letter to you..anyways

Riot[Z-Grip]
10-16-2001, 04:26 PM
Despite my eariler observation: I'd like to thank Tom and everyone else at AGD for including us all in the R&D process yet again. You guys coninue to be great at the whole customer relations thing. (You are really racking up the karma points with someone.) Big thanks to all.

-Riot

SIGSays
10-16-2001, 04:55 PM
please...... hold one for me.......... !!!!!!!!!! :)

i'm sending my envolope tommorrow

MajorDamage
10-16-2001, 05:05 PM
Guess who just sent out his envelope....ITS ME!

ENDO!

gam-e
10-16-2001, 05:21 PM
sent mine in!!

Texas or no Texas, I can feel it, I'm gonna get to try out some nubbins. If not ill just buy some, no biggy.

Thanks Tom, for being the man and allowing us opportunities like this. Even though i didn't win an emag or a pro, i appreciate the opportunities as im sure everyone else on this forum does.

Thanks
Dion

Mega Man
10-16-2001, 07:10 PM
Tom, AGD, you guys are the best. Plastic nubbins sound like a cool idea. Now I all need to decide is where im gonna put my sticker. And Tom, if I'm not in the top 100 to send them in, well you can always send some other little gadget my way to test out.

Bigzamboni
10-16-2001, 07:17 PM
I'll be happy to test a Super-Bolt for you if you run out of nubbins... :D

MajorDamage
10-16-2001, 07:58 PM
I'll test a 4500 flatline put on a Emag with another warpfeed, Tom's new fancy HALO, and tons of other stuff!!

ENDO!

slushee
10-16-2001, 08:24 PM
i'll be the one beggin and pleedin at the AGD tour for just one plastic nubbin :)

hopefully they'll have one lying around .. feel like holdin one for me Tom?

Cardinal_Biggles
10-16-2001, 11:45 PM
Sure, a lil' "nubbin" never hurt anybody! That's how it always starts...:p

Hexis
10-17-2001, 12:56 AM
The check, er SASE is in the mail!

SIGSays
10-17-2001, 04:31 AM
i read tunman sent a check?? i thought we were suppose to send just a envolope with a self addressed envolope inside

StevoC
10-17-2001, 08:20 AM
i read tunman sent a check?? i thought we were suppose to send just a envolope with a self addressed envolope inside

I think he was just using that as an expression of speech...no check necessary.

BXmag
10-17-2001, 11:34 AM
I would send the SASE in, but after looking at the count on the main page and considering only the first 100 envelopes count. I think I missed the boat again! I guess I'll just have to wait 'til they are in stores.

:o

mitch
10-17-2001, 01:10 PM
people in canada spend just as much or more than the people in the us on our agd markers but yet we don't get any cool stuf.
why can't you just send a few to paul la rue so we can send our envelopes to him?
this is so dumb i gaurantee we spend more money than most people in the us on out markers.
we have emags with warp some kids in the states have little tiny standard feed automags but they can get free nubbins but no the people of canada who stood behind you people when the terrorists struck you can't get a few meazillil nubbins that wouls cost 50 cents to send to us.
damn you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

we will pay for the shipping to canada.

Bonx0007
10-17-2001, 02:07 PM
I don't see how the testing phase of small plastic nubbins are any reason to get internationally upset. Relax. The actions of your government to ours in a time of need are greatly appriciated. However I don't think that poor Tom needs to feel responsible for paying back canada.

I sent my letter yesterday.

GO AGD!!!:D

ben_JD
10-17-2001, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by mitch
damn you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Wow.

donggie
10-17-2001, 02:39 PM
Mine is in the mail.

Don

bofh
10-17-2001, 02:39 PM
Or, instead of yipping at TK, you could march down the local Canada Post and buy a IRC and send that to AGD...

http://www.canadapost.ca/common/tools/pg/manual/d10-e.asp
A link on how to get a SASE to the states... or anywhere else in the world...

Paul La Rue
10-17-2001, 02:51 PM
I didn't know that service was available.

And Mitch, breath man, it's only nubbins. ;-)

Hexis
10-17-2001, 03:06 PM
How much is postage for a standard letter to Canada? Hell, you can paypal me and I'll send SASEs to AGD. There aren't 100 posts in this thread yet, and I'm sure TK would hold out a few sets for out northern neighbors.

Ball Buster
10-17-2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by mitch
people in canada spend just as much or more than the people in the us on our agd markers but yet we don't get any cool stuf.
why can't you just send a few to paul la rue so we can send our envelopes to him?
this is so dumb i gaurantee we spend more money than most people in the us on out markers.
we have emags with warp some kids in the states have little tiny standard feed automags but they can get free nubbins but no the people of canada who stood behind you people when the terrorists struck you can't get a few meazillil nubbins that wouls cost 50 cents to send to us.
d*mn you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Dude, do you realize, that with your little baby fit you just threw you made Canadian's look really, really bad?

I think, and no offense toward other Canadians here, but there are also other countries that "supported us" when the terrorists hit that contributed a little more.. I.E. England with cruise missiles, that might not be able to get a few free nubbins.. I think the FAIREST way is first come, first serve, no matter where your from..

BTW.. Mitchy-baby... Exactly what did YOU do to support the US other than whine like a 4 year old? My gosh dude, you need to grow up man... So every paintballer in Canada shoots and e-mag with a warp huh? And none of the cool Canucks have standard feed mags? That's cool.. Is it like a government program? They just hand out Emags or what? Maybe I should move to Canada so I too can have a e-mag with a warp feed..

Or MAYBE, since all you Canadians have EXPENSIVE Emags, just maybe the little kids who can't afford an Emag here in the states AUGHT to get the free nubbins and you can come off your wallet? I mean, since everyone in canada shoots mags, you must all be rich, so why can't you afford a few measlie nubbins?

Oh man, your a kid I'd love to bunker :) Grow up son.. Please.. your making your country look bad.. :)

Ohh.. BTW... My letter is in the mail.. :)
:steps off soap box:

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-17-2001, 03:14 PM
i sent mine out this morning...

what is the point of the plastic nubbins? are they any better than others?

AGD
10-17-2001, 03:44 PM
Geezzz Guys calm down, we sent a couple dozen to Paul La Rue yesterday (by your request). Paul if you could please distribute them we would appreciate it. The envelopes have already started pouring in, you guys are fast!!

AGD

Shaft
10-17-2001, 03:48 PM
Woah! Tom opened a can of worms with this one.

Tom, Marcia whoever is on the receiving end of the SASE pipeline. If you're able to pull my envelope from the rest, feel free to share my sum of plastic nubbins amongst one of the last envelopes you receive.

It's the one that says Rick Brandwein and it's going to Westmont.

There are many deserving Canadians that need nubbins too.

Thanks
r

Paul La Rue
10-17-2001, 04:50 PM
Sounds good Tom.

Anyone in Canada, drop me an E-mail at: paul@pballcanada.com and I'll divy them up.

Mega Man
10-17-2001, 05:59 PM
Tom, AGD, you guys are still the best. I sent mine in the mail this morning :D and I sent it express :D , any idea on how long it will take for them to get back to us? oh well as long as I get one it's fine with me. and if I dont oh well.

DarkPhoenix
10-17-2001, 07:29 PM
Good idea, Tom. Sent my letter early this morning. Hope it gets there in time....

X-Plosive
10-17-2001, 07:51 PM
Think of it this way. Canada is free from any attacks but the US gets the free nubbins for dealing with the frustration of terrorism. Ohh and yes I did read bofh's post. That is a good service btw.

SIGSays
10-18-2001, 03:39 AM
yeah, sent mine in yesterday

udtseal
10-18-2001, 04:25 PM
doh,

I hope you still have some. Im sending mine out tomorrow.

SIGSays
10-19-2001, 06:50 AM
i just noticed that you spelled here wrong on the title...... it should be HERE not HEAR....... do i get a trigger from triggernomics now??

xmetal2001
10-19-2001, 08:54 AM
sent mine today. Probably too late but o well. Maybe i'll get lucky :)

Bonx0007
10-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Tom, could you please post some pictures of these nubbins for those of us that are too late.

KamikazePenguin
10-19-2001, 07:16 PM
if i were to send in my ReTromag for service would it be possible to have you guys include some of these nubbins in my package when you send it back to me? :) I'd gladly test them and post my results here on AO.

DarkPhoenix
10-20-2001, 08:50 PM
So Tom, if and when the lucky 100 hundred get these new nubbins, what type of data are we to collect?

gadget68
10-21-2001, 01:07 AM
Well, I read your post on the free nubbins and immediately got my envelopes ready to go in the mail on Oct 17th . I placed the envelope on our table so my wife could drop it in the mail on her way to work. Well..... on her way out the door, she placed the envelope in her purse. I just asked her, October 20th, about 5 minutes ago, if she mailed off my envelope to you. As her face made the "Uh Oh" look, I braced myself for the news. Letter was still in her purse. Now my question...I am still mailing it out, but I figure you have already sent out the lotted amount. Is there any way I may purchase some. By the way, my wife chuckled as she stated how terrible she felt because she knew how bad I wanted "my nubbins". This is a true story, not a work of fiction. Thanks for your time.

AGD
10-21-2001, 04:01 AM
***UPDATE***

We have only received about 60 envelopes so you still have plenty of time to get your requests in. As it turns out (once again) the nubbins are not quite right and we have to trim a little off each one. This is going to take a few more days to get done so they will not likely go out until the end of this coming week.

I need you guys to report back here on how they worked and if you had any problems.

Thanks

AGD

Bigzamboni
10-21-2001, 06:03 AM
After you receive envelopes from 100 people, can you post a list of who got them?

SHAG
10-21-2001, 08:28 AM
Hi,

Cool, Evenelope is in the mail tomorrow.

Later,
Alan

KamikazePenguin
10-21-2001, 02:59 PM
if I were to send in a gun for repairs could I request that you put some nubbins in there with my gun when you send it back to me?

lol I haven't posted in like 2 years
had to edit. my question was dumb...

IN DA MAIL!

cphilip
10-22-2001, 09:50 AM
OK its full now. See this: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14815

freakyt
10-25-2001, 08:20 PM
I sent mine today If this cold weather keeps up, we might be able to get some good testing in under some brutal conditions. Good think we all have air around Rochester. Winter-sminter, we have paintball to play.. horray! :D