PDA

View Full Version : Techna Trigger on timmys... Good?

Derman2k
07-05-2004, 09:47 PM
I know every one says how godly the technas are and I'm thinkin about ordering one of those or the Critical trigger. I'm just wondering what to expect. Will they boost my ROF a lot? Tough installation? Which should I get?

SlipknotX556
07-05-2004, 09:51 PM
I dont have on on my 2k2, but from what I have heard, they are great. They will probably increase your BPS by 2-3. Installation, I think is the same as just getting a new trigger, remove the screw from the frame, drop it in, adjust it.

RRfireblade
07-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Will they boost my ROF a lot?

If you get a style that suits you better than the stock design.....yes. Otherwise probably not much if at all.

Tough installation?

Very simple. The Critical adds a magnetic return which is also a simple install.

Which should I get?

Techna is 'prettier',a bit lighter and has more cool factor. They both will shoot and feel the same (if you get the Scythe Techna that is) but the Critical is a little a bit cheaper,includes the magnet return kit ,comes in colors,can be anno'd if you like and is also very well made.

magman007
07-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Get the techna, in your style. it now has the magno return available. stick with the origional

Derman2k
07-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Alright cool. Thanks for the help. I just ordered a Techna in the Scythe II style. And with the techna I can take the spring out and just have the switch returning it right?

Torbo
07-05-2004, 11:28 PM
techna all the way. Theres plenty of styles to suit you best. The biggest point of the trigger is the light weight. It might not seem like a big deal, but it allows you to control bounce, without turning your debounce up really high.

Load SM5
07-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Techna is definately the way to go. I've shot both and love my techna. Yes you remove the trigger spring and the switch returns the trigger.