PDA

View Full Version : Non-functioning ULT assembly and run-away standard assembly woes

rdb123
07-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi guys,

Well, I picked up a new ULE Pro from the local proshop the other day. It came straight from AGD with the ULT installed and the Level10 tuned. Shortly after oiling and airing up the marker, I tried pulling the trigger a few times with the ULT assembly installed by AGD. I would get maybe 20 shots off then the on/off pin would get stuck in the up position and never reset the trigger. The only way to solve this was to unscrew my tank from the ASA and then rescrew it back in.

So, I pulled out the Xvalve, threw in the normal on/off assembly and this time I got runaway. So, I decided that wasn't safe and unscrewed my tank from the ASA. I try to remove the Xvalve and I find the on/off pin is in the WAYYYY down position and even if I pull the trigger while trying to remove the valve, it doesn't work. I had to take the body off the rail in order to remove the valve. Any suggestions?

I'm running a high output 68/4500 Crossfire. I owned an SFL Emag for 15 months so I am no mag newbie. Any help would be appreciated since in 24 hours, I was planning on letting a female friend use it when I invite her out to play.

Thanks!

RRfireblade
07-05-2004, 10:08 PM
My guesss is more oil and more break in on the ULT.The lack of reactivity lends itself to the potential for failure based on stiction of the assembly/pin when new and not broken in.

As for the stock assembly, sounds like A) you have a bad or missing on/off o-ring. B) The pin is broken or is otherwisw to short. C) and/or the trigger rod gap is incorrect. (should be ~ 1/16" from the trigger when gassed up)

.....are a few guesses I would make.

rdb123
07-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the response. Well, I guess I won't be trying the stock on/off assembly anymore. I just tried to remove the valve with the assembly in after I unscrewed my tank and the thing shot out and put a 1cm deep hole in my wall. Thank God that wasn't my eye.

logicmag19
07-06-2004, 11:14 AM
The exact same thing happened to me when I got my ULE custom. From a shop direct from AGD. Do what he said lube up the ULE kit and it should work fine. When I went to this indoor place I had no problems. I shot over 1000 rounds. Just keep it clean and lubed and your marker will be fine.

athomas
07-07-2004, 07:18 AM
You say you bought the RT Pro with the ULT installed. Did you happen to have an extra on/off assembly around? If you used the on/off assembly from your SFL emag, then the shorter pin would definately give you the runaway effect.

The on/off sticking in the up position is a symptom of bolt stick, especially in a new X-valve. Try a larger carrier size and see if that works.

rdb123
07-07-2004, 10:43 AM
The stock on/off assembly I tried replacing the ULT assembly with was inside the ULT's box in my package that I received from AGD.

Last night I tried lubing the poop out of the stock assembly and it seemed to work well. I still can't figure out that ULT assembly though.

Thanks