PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Live In Virginia? I Really Got Reipped Off

minimag03
07-06-2004, 12:33 AM
A couple of weeks ago I bought a Shocktech Bushmaster from a guy in Suffolk Virginia for $500. He sent it to me, but the lcd screen was broke. We agreed on a refund, I sent the marker back to him. He never sent the money back. Every time I call him, he blames the person in charge of shipping at the bussiness, and she keeps saying that she will send it, but never does. The name of the place is Technology Source, and the guys name it Barry Brown. He is the owner of the place. The address is: 918 N Main St. Suffolk, VA 23434. What should I do? Can anyone in the Suffolk/ Virginia Beach area help?

Thanks,
minimag03

Empyreal Rogue
07-06-2004, 12:41 AM
The best thing you can do is inform the authorities in that area. Posting any threats will possibly rebound on you which isn't so good.

I'd help you out but Suffolk is on the other side of VA. I live a lot closer to you (Bluefield) than I do Va. Beach. :\

team unwanted
07-06-2004, 12:44 AM
i hate to hear that happen :mad:

SpecialBlend2786
07-06-2004, 01:51 AM
wow that sucks. I hope you get everything resolved soon

minimag03
07-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the support.
What should I do? Should I call the cops? Should I file a report with Paypal?

Thanks,
minimag03

elpimpo
07-06-2004, 08:26 PM
if he owns a company i seriously dought he would shaft you on something like that, but stranger things have happened

toymyster
07-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Usualy, that kind of a thing is called mail fraud, and FBI would really like to have a chat with the parties involved!!! Contact them!!!

thecavemankevin
07-06-2004, 09:38 PM
there are quite a few threads on how to get stuff like this taken care both here and on pbnation (in the feedback traders forums).

There are also a couple of VA threads over in meet and greet http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=122370&highlight=va

that one is sort of a role call for VA-AO'ers. I'd help, but i am well over an hour away.

silentdeath55
07-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Is it just me, or does the name Barry Brown sound a little suspicious?

The best thing to do is inform the authorities in the area. Give them the address and all the info you know. They may or may not be able to help.

flyinasian016
07-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Hey, i hate to hear that happen to you. I got a couple of friends that live near there, i think. I will show them this thread and see if they can help you out. Also, im not sure how far away suffolk is from Master Blasters or ATS, but if its semi close i would post this in one of their forums (provided they have one).

wobbles82
07-06-2004, 11:06 PM
I have bought markers from CALIFORNIA and been totally ripped off, but..agencies do come through, and well. File this with assorted agencies, if you look on Google I know there is like an FBI branch or something slip to fill out for fraud like this, they have tons of people constantly working for people like you and me. After filing I got paperwork, constantly sent on updates, whatnots, etc. Found out the "guy" who sold me stuff was really like 12 years old, so once his father got the court slip, it ended that quick, and I was paid back in full. If you cant find what im talking about PM me or post it up and I will get all my paperwork, and hook you up with phone numbers to call, etc. They do work wonders, its sad not everyone puts it to use.

Other than that, go on Pbnation, and post this. There are sooo many people on that forum, just ask if they know him, etc. Ive seen peoples OWN FRIENDS find out, and have to go and tell the authorities on their own friend, believe me, there are always some people to depend on.

But definately just exercise the fraudulent services and whatnot, so the day the RIAA knocks on your door for sharing excessive amounts of the B-52s, you can at least say, well they helped me get my gun back. ;)

minimag03
07-06-2004, 11:29 PM
I have bought markers from CALIFORNIA and been totally ripped off, but..agencies do come through, and well. File this with assorted agencies, if you look on Google I know there is like an FBI branch or something slip to fill out for fraud like this, they have tons of people constantly working for people like you and me. After filing I got paperwork, constantly sent on updates, whatnots, etc. Found out the "guy" who sold me stuff was really like 12 years old, so once his father got the court slip, it ended that quick, and I was paid back in full. If you cant find what im talking about PM me or post it up and I will get all my paperwork, and hook you up with phone numbers to call, etc. They do work wonders, its sad not everyone puts it to use.

Other than that, go on Pbnation, and post this. There are sooo many people on that forum, just ask if they know him, etc. Ive seen peoples OWN FRIENDS find out, and have to go and tell the authorities on their own friend, believe me, there are always some people to depend on.

But definately just exercise the fraudulent services and whatnot, so the day the RIAA knocks on your door for sharing excessive amounts of the B-52s, you can at least say, well they helped me get my gun back. ;)

If you could give me the links and phone numbers, that would be great. But would contacting the police or filing a report with the FBI be best? I really don't want anything bad to happen to him, I just want my money back quick.

Thanks,
minimag03

sneakyhacker420
07-06-2004, 11:48 PM
bobthecow63... falconguy... RobAGD

thoes are the names that come to mind in VA... especially good 'ole Rob @ Pevs

Linkwarner
07-07-2004, 01:44 AM
srry to say this, that really sucks man,
did you buy it off of Ebay, or something,
you need to give a bad feed back or two to let him know that you still exist and am willing to go further if needed,

thecavemankevin
07-07-2004, 06:29 AM
bobthecow63... falconguy... RobAGD

thoes are the names that come to mind in VA... especially good 'ole Rob @ Pevs

yeah, but they are all in northern VA, and suffolk is a good 3-5 hours away for them. I know there are some beach (suffolk area guys here on AO, you just have to find them).

jesseyo13
07-07-2004, 01:37 PM
I wouldnt go to his shop as a first resort. I would call paypal and ask for a refund. Then I would call the FBI or cops and inform him of what actions you have taken. Let him know that you are not fooling around. THen if he still doenst pay up go see him.
:dance:

TeamNausea
07-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Make sure he knows you will have no problem going to the authorities(sp). Give him 1 more week after you know he knows this then let them deal with him.

Chipper
07-07-2004, 05:32 PM
I live in Williamsburg, which is less then an hour away from Suffolk, although the best I could do is ask the authorities in the area and it might be a wee easier for me.