PDA

View Full Version : Ebay attempt to be funny

hAppy
07-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Does anyone find this "sale" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3686916532) to be inappropriate

Is something wrong with me, or do you guys see a this as a poor attempt to be funny.

The seller is our very own, t33kyboy of AO, and hes trying to sell a PICTURE. The details are deliberately misleading to scam someone. I see no humor there. Jus sharing my views with AO.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-06-2004, 02:33 PM
At least it says picture in the title. But it is sad and not funny. I right clicked save as and I got it for free.

Eskimo Paint Slinger
07-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Ya thats pretty low.....selling a picture? Someone is going to be pissed when they just spent 100+ on a picture.....

Army
07-06-2004, 02:37 PM
He's quite clear in the description that it is for a picture, and not an actual gun.

Besides, as of this time, he's up to $41!

t33kyboy
07-06-2004, 02:38 PM
i am a horrible person.... :cry:

JimmyBeam
07-06-2004, 02:42 PM
i wouldnt go as far as to say your horrible just because your taking advantage of someone who is willing to buy something and not read up on it.

the larch
07-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Unethical, he knows what he is attempting to do. He actually brags about it in another thread (read down):
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=143649

Its just "bad form"

t33kyboy
07-06-2004, 02:47 PM
i feel bad.

anyone know how i can contact the bidder and tell him hes bidding on a picture and not the gun. If he still wants to spend $41 on a picture, thats fine with me... just want him to be informed.

myridechanelle
07-06-2004, 02:53 PM
wow wat a scammer... beware no1 trade with t33kyboy!!!

TeamNausea
07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I think someone posted one of these a while back... yeah pretty sad but if you dont read what your bidding on you deserve it. :cool:

LittlePaintballBoy
07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Dear god you guys, he clearly states in the description that it is for a PICTURE, he doesn't say you get the cocker. Did you read the description?

Fully customized Ripper cocker: Ripper body kit ($400 alone, Shocktech bolt, Freak barrel w/ 12" AA front, Dye rocket LPR, Dye rocket ram, Black magic reg, Twisted cocking rod, Worrblade, Freeflow internals, Custom ano done by MaxAnodizing. Note: You are bidding on a picture of this cocker, no marker. This is one of the sexiest markers I have ever owned, now I let you share the experience. Auction winner will be emailed the picture of the gun. Doesn't sound like a scam to me! He clearly states it is for the picture! If anyone is stupid enough to not even read the description then I think they deserve it. And myridechanelle, do you know t33ky? I doubt it. And you would go so far as to say NOT to trade with him!? He's a scammer eh? No. If he ever did scam someone I can guarantee you AO*Nor*cal could be found at his door asking him what happened. It seems like responses get more and more moronic every day, put some thought into what you say before you press reply. :mad:

TeamNausea
07-06-2004, 03:02 PM
The way i see it he did nothing wrong...I meanit was in the title and description.... :headbang: t33k

hAppy
07-06-2004, 03:03 PM
LPB - well he kid's kinda pushin his limits. he gives full specs, than he gives a note. the font is tiny, or so it shows on my screen. In a way the title fits the purpose. Like thread titles, they say "PICS TIMMY FOR SALE PICS PICS"

robertjuric
07-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Wow, thats soo wrong man, but it almost makes me wish I had thought of it. I wonder what's going to happen when the auction ends.

myridechanelle
07-06-2004, 03:08 PM
well i personally noe t33kyboy and i have to say.. hez pretty evil. hez alwayz tryin to sell dumb people stuff and isnt that kind of takin advantage??? i mean wat if it happens to u, i dunt think anyone would wanna pay 41 dollar for a picture.

Chronobreak
07-06-2004, 03:09 PM
: post pciture for sale thread on EbAY of his mag :p

j/j im not mean but i can see how tempting it would be to make soem easy $ of somone who doesnt read what they are buying

LittlePaintballBoy
07-06-2004, 03:10 PM
I don't see what you are talking about. Happy- It appears to be small on my screen too, but about 2-3 weeks ago ALL type on my intrenet became miniscule, so I can't really say if that is deliberatly small. I really think there is nothing wrong with that, if the person bidding is stupid enough to not even read the description where it clearly states it is for a PICTURE then that is not t33ky's fault.

LittlePaintballBoy
07-06-2004, 03:12 PM
well i personally noe t33kyboy and i have to say.. hez pretty evil. hez alwayz tryin to sell dumb people stuff and isnt that kind of takin advantage??? i mean wat if it happens to u, i dunt think anyone would wanna pay 41 dollar for a picture.

Well, I don't think it will happen to me, because apparently I am unlike the people bidding on that as I read descriptions before I bid on anything ;)

TeamNausea
07-06-2004, 03:12 PM

Ehh... yeah thats why i find out what im bidding for b4 i bid/pay.........Only an idiot (or a rich rich person) Would go around throwing $40 all over the place for stuff you dont even read the description

LittlePaintballBoy
07-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Ehh... yeah thats why i find out what im bidding for b4 i bid/pay.........Only an idiot (or a rich rich person) Would go around throwing $40 all over the place for stuff you dont even read the description

Exactly my point.

toolfan62
07-06-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't see what you are talking about. Happy- It appears to be small on my screen too, but about 2-3 weeks ago ALL type on my intrenet became miniscule, so I can't really say if that is deliberatly small. I really think there is nothing wrong with that, if the person bidding is stupid enough to not even read the description where it clearly states it is for a PICTURE then that is not t33ky's fault.

go to view on ur internet explorer..and go down to text size..then go to whatever ur used too..

Steelrat
07-06-2004, 03:30 PM
You norcal people know what I do for a living. And I am telling you right now that this is shameful behavior on the part of t33k. YES, its listed in the description, but a lot of people will just read past the part talking about it being for a picture, especially since he goes through all the trouble of listing the parts for the cocker. He is smart enough to know that no one is going to bid on a picture, so why would he post it up on ebay, except to deceive?

And for those of you who are saying stuff like "People should read the description, its their own fault" I ask you if this is the type of society you want to live in? How about the poor old people who are scammed by con artists, should they "know better?" How about an excited young person who is browsing ebay, thinks that they are getting a fantastic deal on a gun, and go ask their parents to help them bid on it.

As far as I am concerned, I don't want to see t33k show up at any of the Norcal AO events if this is truly the type of person he is.

xXHavokXx
07-06-2004, 03:41 PM
"A fool and their money are soon parted. " -Nostradomus 54378 BC

hahahahahaha this is too funny. People need to be punished for their ignorance.

TeamNausea
07-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I guess i would like to live in a society where the people can read and have some common sense. :rolleyes:

spacedtedybear
07-06-2004, 03:43 PM
I kinda have to agree with Steelrat on this one. Yeah you should read the entire listing before you bid on an item, but by listing the marker and all the parts that comes with it, and showing the actuall marker in by itself is decieving. If the viewing picture is that of the picture of the marker ( Printed picture of the marker, then taking a picture of the picture and posting that), and that the part where it says that "you are buying the picture" are in BIG BOLD LETTERS, that would be a different story. Frankly, if I got scammed in such a manner and found out that the SOB was playing at my local field, I'll show him how much more mass there is on the twistlock end of a Ti-boomstick.

t33kyboy
07-06-2004, 03:45 PM
yeah all bidders have been informed and the guy that bidded $41 has taken it back. Now its $1.25

Steelrat
07-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks Spaced. Let me be clear on this, only SCAMMERS attempt to sell pictures on ebay like this. There is no legitimate reason to make an auction like this. And I believe that all scammers are pieces of crap, without exception. Anyone trying to justify this is blaming the VICTIM, and not the CRIMINAL, and that is completely wrong. Lets focus our scorn on the predator, and not the prey.

TeamNausea
07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
But the 'prey' as you call it has to adapt to the 'predator'.

Steelrat
07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I guess i would like to live in a society where the people can read and have some common sense. :rolleyes:

Oh, so you want to live in a society where its okay to rip people off? You know, not everyone is a rocket scientist like yourself. The scammers live to rip them off, not the observant or sceptical people.

Steelrat
07-06-2004, 03:52 PM
But the 'prey' as you call it has to adapt to the 'predator'.

Its a good idea for the prey to have to adapt, but does that make what the predator is doing any more right? Morally, this situation is very black and white. T33k is wrong, the victims are right. End of story.

TeamNausea
07-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm just saying that he said what it was in the title and description and if someone bids on that he should have to keep his end up.

Steelrat
07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Again, the ONLY reason he made that auction was to scam people. And you are okay with this?

TeamNausea
07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Its a good idea for the prey to have to adapt, but does that make what the predator is doing any more right? Morally, this situation is very black and white. T33k is wrong, the victims are right. End of story.
The world is no longer built on moral grounds...Sure he shouldve made it a lil bit clearer but he told the idiot what he was bidding on up front...If i bid on a supermodels pic i wont expect a woman at my door the next day.

xXHavokXx
07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
So lets not blame the stupid people lets blame the smarter of the two

or conversely lets not blame people for getting fat for eating 50 big macs a day lets lame mc donalds for selling hamburgers.

Steelrat
07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
So lets not blame the stupid people lets blame the smarter of the two

or conversely lets not blame people for getting fat for eating 50 big macs a day lets lame mc donalds for selling hamburgers.

Totally different situation. And I like how you justify what he is doing because he is smarter than his victims. So being stupid makes you a legitimate target for scams? Im sorry not everyone is as brilliant as yourselves.

hAppy
07-06-2004, 04:01 PM
you cannot attack the person who bids on the item. half way reading through the specs you decide WOW what a deal. so you bid right away. cus who wouldve guessed that it would surprise you by saying "I GOTCHA IM JUST SELLING A PICTURE". the only sidenote acceptable would be to say "the gun is horribly broken"

either way many people have been excited by the title and the details given. you cannot blame them for faling into a scammer's trap. that is why the scammer gives details like that. so they can ruin others.

Steelrat
07-06-2004, 04:01 PM
The world is no longer built on moral grounds...Sure he shouldve made it a lil bit clearer but he told the idiot what he was bidding on up front...If i bid on a supermodels pic i wont expect a woman at my door the next day.

The world is no longer built on moral grounds because people like you no longer take a moral stand on things.

mcdkid
07-06-2004, 04:04 PM
i'm the high bidder! i did it for fun, but i'll back out before the day is over

ProX9
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM

its not supermodels being bid on, its paintball guns or what people think to be paintball guns. surely when you get scammed later in life because you fell for someones ploy you will just live with it and agree with the people who laugh at you for doing it because its the victim not the scammer who is wrong.

hAppy
07-06-2004, 04:18 PM
its not supermodels being bid on, its paintball guns or what people think to be paintball guns. surely when you get scammed later in life because you fell for someones ploy you will just live with it and agree with the people who laugh at you for doing it because its the victim not the scammer who is wrong.
bam right on! prox
TeamNausea - so far i can see you never been scammed, you're lucky. but until you do get scammed you ll feel like it wasnt your fault for falling into it. you'll realize it was the person who led you into it. or would you blame yourself?! :confused:

xXHavokXx
07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Totally different situation. And I like how you justify what he is doing because he is smarter than his victims. So being stupid makes you a legitimate target for scams? Im sorry not everyone is as brilliant as yourselves.

See if he didn't say this isnt a real gun I'd be upset that's just wrong. But he clearly says this is a picture of the gun not the real marker.

So if someone drove backwards onto a freeway because they didn't read the sign it's not their fault. Maybe it just annoys me because I'm paranoid and read everything when money is involved.

ProX9
07-06-2004, 04:43 PM
if freeway entrances were like this
ENTRANCE TO FREEWAY
do not enter wrong way
its their fault for not seeing it not the sign intending to deceive

hAppy
07-06-2004, 04:46 PM
if freeway entrances were like this
ENTRANCE TO FREEWAY
do not enter wrong way
its their fault for not seeing it not the sign intending to deceive.
nice :rofl:

Army
07-06-2004, 04:49 PM
'Nuf said. Buyer Beware.