PDA

View Full Version : Is there a field in Orlando, FL?

Ada Bita BdC
07-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Im going to vacation there, and i was wondering if there is a paintball field close to Orlando, FL or in it? If so, do they have a website that i can be given so i can get direction and so forth.

Thanks

SlipknotX556
07-06-2004, 08:09 PM
There are a few. Orlanod Paintball is cool, http://www.orlandopaintball.com/

Ada Bita BdC
07-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Alright, thanks. Is that close to Disney if you know by any chance? Cause im going to be by there.

Titansu
07-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I used WARPIG's database to find fields when I used to travel for work...

http://www.warpig.com/forums/fields/index.shtml

SlipknotX556
07-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Alright, thanks. Is that close to Disney if you know by any chance? Cause im going to be by there.

Its maybe 10 miles, I am guessing.

Head knight of Ni
07-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Thats my home field. :clap: We just got an Xball field but the other field next to it is crowded with extra bunkers. :tard: Paint just dropped to 55$ a case. thats about all I can think of but there are other fields that are larger. But the five fields at OP are okay. :cheers:

teufelhunden
07-06-2004, 10:45 PM
I played at Orbital last week, it was like an hour outside of Orlando. Decent field, my only complaint is that they had an airball field which would hold 3v3, maybe 4v4, but they were throwing 7v7 and 8v8 on it. Too much. They have three speedball fields... one made of wood, which they call the village, a hyperball, and the aforementioned airball field. You can't play two fields at the same time, as there isn't netting between them, so you'd end up getting shot in the back from the other field. Oh, and their woods refs a) suck at reffing woods... I could tell by standing there at the speedball fields listening to them be retarded, and b) take massive groups of newbs onto the speedball fields and then suck at reffing there too.

SlipknotX556
07-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Karma & Company in Ft. Pierce got an X ball field not to long ago, I havent been up there yet, but I should go check it out. But as of right now, they are relocating their fields because of zoning.

minimag03
07-06-2004, 11:44 PM
There are two fields that I found out are worth anything. The best is Orlando Paintball. People play there untill 12 pm: it is awesome. The other is Epik Paintball, i never went there, but it is supose to be nice. I'm not very sure about how clost it is to Disney. I was staying in west Orlando, at it took me 45 minutes to get to Orlando Paintball.
Go with Orlando Paintball, it is the best.

minimag03

Head knight of Ni
07-07-2004, 12:10 AM
and there's free pizza

1 slice per player.

Ada Bita BdC
07-07-2004, 02:35 PM
i just need a place close to disney, cause thats where im staying. I think im going to go to the one called Orlando Paintball. The cases are $55? What type of paint is it?

Head knight of Ni
07-07-2004, 05:07 PM
crappy Zap but hey free pizza. they do have premium which is a bit more. probably worth it to. :ninja:

ilikePB
07-07-2004, 05:31 PM
You guys are crazy, OP sucks. The best field in central FL is Extreme Rage Park. It's in Orlando off of highway 50 near the fairgrounds. It will rock your socks off. Go to ER!

Ada Bita BdC
07-07-2004, 05:32 PM
yea i saw there was a Extreme Rage field, do you know the prices there?

Head knight of Ni
07-07-2004, 05:44 PM
:confused: the only extreme rage I know of near here is a store and theres one on the gulf coast in :cuss: fort Meyers. Did it just open?!

ilikePB
07-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Did it just open?!
Just had the grand opening last weekend.

yea i saw there was a Extreme Rage field, do you know the prices there?
10$ for entry
10$ for all day air
55$ for a case

Tim Taylor
07-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Extreme Rage is closer to Disney than Orlando Paintball. Back way to ER maybe 30 min. OP about 1 hr. Good Luck. OP is a fairly new field as they moved there about a year ago. Of course ER just opened last weekend.

You have your options now make a choice and have a good time at the Mouse!

Head knight of Ni
07-07-2004, 08:38 PM
What OP has been in the same location at least since 98'

HOMOCIDAL2
07-08-2004, 04:30 AM
I worked at Orlando Paintball when it was called Paintball City when it first opened in 93 or 94. So they've been in the same place for at least 10 years.

Tim Taylor
07-08-2004, 08:02 AM
My bad, I was thinking about PB World. They moved maybe a year ago?

rdb123
07-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Epik is trash. Their 7-man field is only big enough for 7 men TOTAL. The refs there talk a large amount of trash. Most of them are ex-Orlando Paintball refs who were fired for being insubordinate. The place is located behind a liquor store in a shady part of town off of Colonial/SR50. A case is 60 dollars. I believe admission is 10, and all-day air is 10. Rec speed limit is between 280 and 290. Not too many play at this field for rec.

The Extreme Rage Park on the Central FL Fairgrounds off of Colonial/SR50 is nice though. They feature 3 airball fields (1 X-ball, 2 10-man). Only problem with this place is the lack of shade and the fact that there are huge sewage pipes 50 feet away so the whole place smells like poop--literally. 2 Aftershock players (Travis Day and Kenny Klamper) should be playing out here regularly, but it seems like they mostly head to the field where my team is practicing since they know most of us. Refs here are professional and the speed limit for rec is below 300. This place is new and hardly ever has walk-on players. A busy day consists of 2 amateur teams showing up along with 3 or so lower division teams playing. Rec prices: Rental unsure, Admission 10, All Day air 10, paint 55 for RPS Stingers and 75 for evil.

Orlando Paintball- Well, what can I say?? Located off of Orange Blossom Trail and Rose Avenue. If you're more into recreational play with more walk-on players, this would be the place for you. Open from 12-noon till 6AM (yes, 6AM--people actually play then), OP is by far the most busiest field in Florida. They move over a palette a week since they serve maybe 400-500 customers a week. A case of paint here is 55 for standard, and 68 I believe for premium. Admission is 10.95 if you have your own equipment. Rental is 20.95 with all day air etc. Has 5 different fields (1 hyperball, 1 xball, 2 indoor, 1 other). For the night session on the indoor fields, they turn on the blacklights and pump smoke into the building while turning the warehouse lights off. The balls fluoresce and the bunkers are painted in neon green or orange so they show up under the black lights too. Makes for a nice effect. The reffing here is "ok." Bouncers count and the speed limit is between 260 and 270 for rec play.

If you're looking for more of a laidback style of play, choose OP on a Saturday. If you want more of a tourney-type experience, go to ER Park on a Sunday. My team will most likely be at OP on Sunday and maybe we'll drag along Kenny and/or Travis. ;)

Hope that helped.

EDIT: General Directions to each from Disney

ER Park: Take I-4 West to Colonial (I think exit 88). Turn Left at the exit. Drive down maybe 10 minutes, turn RIGHT into the Barnett BMX Park. ER Park is on that road and can't be missed.

Epik: Take I-4W to Colonial. Turn RIGHT. It's behind a liquor store. GOod luck finding this place.

OP: Take I-4W to Lee Road. Turn Left at the exit. Drive down till you hit Orange BLossom Trail. Turn Right at OBT. 1 mile ahead is Rose Avenue. Turn RIGHT onto Rose Ave and you can't miss OP.

STAY AWAY FROM PaintballWorld AS IF IT IS THE PLAGUE. Just trust me. ;)

WARPED1
07-08-2004, 11:04 AM
www.paintball-world.com

williamson
07-16-2004, 09:27 PM
First Off lets correct a few things!!! Epik Paintball is not crap, if that was the case why do they have 200 players on sunday and 75 to 100 on Saturday. I go there about every other sunday and they have 3 fields. airball, xball and corrigated which is fine for me and everyone plays all of them. Its 10.00 to play and its BYOP (bring your own paint) and 5.00 all day air not 10.00!!! They have cases of 2000 rounds starting at 35.00 thats not bad. Sounds like you just want to promote ER Dude! Thats fine oppions are like a@@holes, EVERYONE has ONE! I like this place and its worth going to! OP sucks (Orlando Paintball) there xball field they got isnt even to the standard size and its in the shape of the letter L!!! The only reason they came down on there prices of paint from 85.00 to 55.00 cause they cant keep up with epik! The place is rundown and you know it! They can fix it up all they want but it wont help...Refs Suck and they dont even go on the field. What am I paying for???? No safety at all! Money HUNGRY scoundrels thats all they are. :clap: :clap: :clap:
So when you wanna down grade the best place we have to go to now, then go :cry: Somewhere else

williamson
07-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Check it out... COOL Site www.epikpaintball.com

ilikePB
07-16-2004, 09:32 PM
does epik have a web site? i'd like to see pics of their fields before i go out there. never been.

minimag03
07-16-2004, 09:36 PM
I really didn't like the people that worked at OP, but I made some friends with players so I didn't care. One thing that makes OP special is that they have everything for a automag. They even have a X-mag w/ flatine, egg2,a and AA barrel for like $1200.

minimag03

PS: I wanted to go to Epik, but it was too far away from where I was.

rdb123
07-17-2004, 12:13 AM
williamson, actually OP lowered their paint prices on the same day the ER field opened--not Epik. They lowered them to match ER's prices since their opening day coincided with the opening of OP's X-Ball field.

Your estimates of Epik's popularity are off as well. Epik has low maintenance and is currently losing money (along with ER). If Epik was pulling that many players frequently, they would be turning a profit. Epik moves nowhere near the amount of paint OP moves in a week. Yes, I do know all 3 owners of all three fields.

Now, at OP there is no reason for the refs to be on the field since even bouncers count. Unless you know of some way to check to see if a player was hit and the ball didn't break, I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you let them know. The owner of that field easily makes $200,000 a year. He lives up in Canada and it has been his sole source of income for the past 4 years.

You compare the quality of Epik to OP, fine. I'll admit OP is a rundown field, but you can't deny the fact most players play there. They easily have a MINIMUM of 400 players a week. They move over a palette of paint a week. How about we compare Epik to the new ER Park. Let's see, ER has currently 4 fields with a 5th on the way, CEMENT poles holding up the nets instead of wood, and extremely flat ground. It's the freaking fairgrounds for crying out loud. On top of that, Klamper and Day from Aftershock play here on weekends when they aren't practicing with us. Each Sunday at this new field has teams like Rage, Nemesis, VL Allstars, Strange, etc. The closest field with this quality is out in Lakeland! (CF Paintball)

With that said, for the rec player, I see OP as being a better choice since they don't really care too much if they are playing on airball since there are many more players to play walk-on games with at OP. With a respect to the tourney aspect, ER Park easily beats out Epik as well. When was the last time Epik had Static or Philly Americans 2 playing there? Never.

EDIT:
minimag03, that was a consignment X-mag belonging to a local tourney player. He took it off the wall to send it in somewhere to have break-beam eyes installed.

ilikepb, if you want to play on PSP/NPPL Event quality fields with exact measurement X-ball fields and completely flat grass, try out ER Park. It is almost as good as the ER Park down in Ft. Myers. If you prefer more of a rec-ball style, check out OP since there are lots of players and the whole point of walk-on is to just have fun. Not much fun playing walk-on if there are only 2 other players.

Head knight of Ni
07-17-2004, 12:29 PM
ER definetly sounds like the best one but when is WARPIG going to list it. And OP is trying to overhaul its look.

williamson
07-17-2004, 11:35 PM
I feel like im talking to shawn who runs that hole in the wall...If op is making as much money as you claim than explain this, why is there pro shop the size of a shoe box??? Have you even been in Epik's Store? I am guessing not. And to top it off I dont lie about how many people are there on there weekends. As a matter of fact they had 3 sundays in a row where they had to cap it at 200 and if you dont understand what that means (it means they wont allow anymore) As for teams please. Teams do practice there and there fields are actually the correct size not someone trying to squish 3 fields in the size of one standard size field like orlando paintball does. I can assure you Epik Paintball is not loosing money they go thru a skid of paint a weekend and they carry zap and Diablo paint to choose. Not trying to screw every customer in the door like op. To add to this Epik has the karnivor, 3 dm4's on there wall, matrix, 4 cockers to choose, outkast, angel, mags and more. what can i add.....mmm...
they have a full line up of nitro tanks and everything imaginable... looks like a candy store to the paintball player!!!! Why dont you face it the only reason op is trying to change there style is cause its old, rundown, and over priced. The truth is out dude. so i dont know why your trying so hard to defend a place who rips you off.....OP=BEND OVER AND GET IT STUCK UP YOUR BUTT
Epik Paintball=lots of merchandise,good pricing and nice people :dance: :dance: :dance:

ilikePB
07-17-2004, 11:52 PM
I have to be honest, I've been to OP and I didn't really like it. I was going to play rec but there was no competition, it was a bunch of noobs. Plus there fields weren't very good. But that was a while ago, maybe they have changed. I'm going to check out Epik, I've never been and the fields look nice from the pics on the web site. And I know ER rocks, nice fields and good competition.

rdb123
07-18-2004, 12:06 AM
OP has been open nearly 10 years. That place was built 10 years ago. They sell Aliases, DM4s, A4 Flys, etc. The backroom has at least 200 rental markers in there. I'm guessing you haven't been back there. The Proshop is the size of "a shoebox" because there is no need for a bigger one. Most of their sales are Spyders so they have about 20 of them up on the wall. Ask ANY owner of a field who knows Spiros and they will tell you he makes a killing off of Orlando Paintball. That place has been in business so long that the cost of all the rental markers, bunkers, and construction were made up YEARS ago. Every penny earned from that place now by Spiros is pure profit. There is no reason to expant the proshop size if they are already making a massive amount of money already. Sometimes expansion isn't a good thing; case in point: Checkers drivethru restaurant. Check my previous posts, I never said Epik's store was small. Since you are comparing quality by size, then I guess PaintballWorld's 10,000sqft indoor place must be the best too, huh? For my proshop, I mainly use the ER Store on Semoran near the 408.

OP tries to screw over every player who comes through the door? That's amazing since they only charge 55 a case. This week alone, OP sold 3 Atomix Intimidators, 2 Aliases, and an A4 Fly. You said that their X-ball field looks like the letter L, well maybe you need to look at that letter again: L ...last time I checked their X-ball field looked more like a square. Is English your second language?

Weren't we comparing the tournament player scene of ER to Epik? Please try to stay on topic. ER Park has fields measured and properly lighted as well. Have you ever visited the fairgrounds?? Ok, so maybe some teams practice at Epik, but I'm willing to bet not the same caliber of teams practicing at ER Park. Grass there is measured and carefully trimmed.

Now once again I'm going to recall your figure of 200 players in one session in the same day at Epik. Epik has 3 fields. 200 / 3 = around 67 players per field. Now with that X-ball field, it's 5 on 5 action. At most only 10 players can be on the field at once, so we are left with 6.7 groups, but let's round that down to 6 groups even though it is closer to 7 . Assuming each game takes 3 minutes, that means one game per group every 18 minutes. That number is nice, but this isn't a perfectly efficient world however. There is the time it takes for the new group to walk on the field, the time it takes for them to decide who goes where and who lanes where, and then of course there's the lag time before the start whistle is blown, which effectively pushes each "time required" per group to around 5 minutes AT LEAST. That means ONE game per group every 30 minutes. That is a horrendous amount of wait time. Keep in mind we rounded down to six from 6.7, so in reality that time is a little longer, probably around 35 minutes. I don't know about you, but I'd rather practice at a place where you can get a game in alot quicker than every 35 minutes. I guess with that many players on hand, there would be around 15 refs on duty. :rolleyes: Do 15 people even work there?

Do you realize how large 200 players is for a small field?? You say you play at Epik on Sunday, so I think it would be safe to say most of the players on a Sunday (the higher of the two days) are tourney players. However, let's just say there are 170 tourney players and 30 rec players. A pretty large team would be about 10 guys, but we'll say 11 for your sake. 170 / 11 = 15.45 teams. That is a ridiculous amount for any field out there with the exception of the Badlandz up in Chicago, or the ER Park in Ft. Myers. Most local tournaments don't even come close to having 15 teams in attendance! I've seen ROOKIE tournaments this year where first prize was $5,000 (yes, five thousand dollars) with ONLY 6-8 teams in attendance! Wouldn't it make more sense that there would be more teams at a tournament where they could win a boatload of cash, instead of spending money at a practice?? Keep in mind I'm underestimating the amount of players/teams/wait time just to humor you.

So either Epik is that popular and players love playing 3 minutes, then waiting another 35 minutes or so before they play again, or that the players per Sunday is MUCH lower than you suggest. OP doesn't have that problem since it is mainly rec players who visit and play games of 10on10 or more on all 5 fields.

And once again, for rec purposes we were comparing OP and Epik.
For tourney purposes we were comparing ER and Epik.

In closing, I must ask you the following question: How does Epik make all of its money when the field has low admission and is BYOP EVERYDAY? If you say sales from the proshop, then that contradicts your statement about OP earlier not making as much money as I claimed since OP easily sells many more guns than Epik.

EDIT: How many rental markers does Epik have? Rec play is more for rental players and such. At Epik if most players own their own equipment and are serious, that would really be more closely related to tourney play (even if they aren't on a team or looking to play a circuit)

EDIT2: First you say I sound like a guy promoting ER, then you say I sound like a manager from OP. Those two establishments hate each other. Make up your mind.

EDIT3: Typos

magvsrt
07-18-2004, 08:17 PM
HEY RDB123------DUDE YOUR POST IS SO LONG AND DRAWN OUT PLUS BORING!!!! OP SUX AND I KNOW IT TOO! EPIK IS WAY BETTER AND WAY NICER THAN OP EVER WAS! I AGREE WITH THE OTHER GUY! YOU MUST THINK WERE ALL NEW PLAYERS TO THIS GAME BUT IVE BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE AND IF I OWNED OP, THE FIRST THING TO GO WOULD HAVE BEEN SHAWN! HE IS A CRAPPY MANAGER AND THERE PLACE IS A SHOE BOX! THE ONLY REASON SPEROS ISNT IN FLORIDA AND LIVES IN CANADA IS CAUSE HE IS AVOIDING BEING ARRESTED FOR TAX EVASION! THERE REFS NOT BEING ON THE FIELD CAUSE BOUNSES COUNT IS A CROCK OF CRAP HANDED TO YOU! IF IT DONT BREAK IM NOT HIT! AND IF YOU GO TO ANY FIELD NOT INCLUDING OP THE SPEED IS 285 FPS. IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT DONT PLAY THE GAME! OP SUXXXXXXXXXXX, ALWAYS HAS ALWAYS WILL. EPIK IS WAY BETTER AND AS FOR ER, THERE FIELDS MIGHT BE NICE BUT AS FOR THERE STAFF,THERE A BUNCH OF HOT HEADS THAT THINK THERE ALL THATAND THERE NOT PLUS THE PLACE SMELLS LIKE CHIT. ALL AMERICANS, ZIGGY, PHILLY AMERICANS, FRANK, TEAM FULL THROTTLE, SPEED ALL PRACTICE AT EPIK PAINTBALL. THERE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE OVER THERE AND ID RATHER PAY 35 A CASE NOT 55 LIKE YOU AND THERE AIR IS 5.00 NOT 10.00 AS YOU PROCLAIM. GO AHEAD AND WRITE ANOTHER LONG BORING DEFENSE AND PUT ME TO SLEEP AGAIN. LOL FOOL

magvsrt
07-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Epik Sells One Pallet In 3 Days, I Was Out There Today And They Sold A Pallet Since Friday! The Funniest Thing Is Epik Paintball Is Byop And Op Is Field Paint Only! So Obviously You Arent The Sharpest Tool In The Shed. Open Your Eyes

w4rp3d
07-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I can't believe this is even an argument... Epik blows Orlando paintball out of the water. MUCH nicer fields, MUCH nicer refs, MUCH, nicer proshop!

Orlando paintball, lets say you dont want to buy a full case, guess how much 1000 paintballs cost? $42! that's more than a case at epik!!! Thier prices are insane, and thier fields arent even nice, they dont really even keep the grass mowed.... that should tell you something about thier customer care.

At epik its bring your own paint! Thier open 7 days a week (Most popular days are weekends) The prices are VERY fair, lowest case is about $35 I think, $10 to play, and $5 for all day air, guns are very low, I bought my dm4 from them for a GREAT price!!

I mean seriosly, there isnt even an argument going on, face it OP is set right on OBT the worst part of town practacly, in the ghetto, with ghetto fields, ghetto refs, and ghetto prices....

Over all I give epik a 10/10 no competition.

ilikePB
07-18-2004, 09:30 PM
I can't believe this is even an argument... Epik blows Orlando paintball out of the water. MUCH nicer fields, MUCH nicer refs, MUCH, nicer proshop!

Orlando paintball, lets say you dont want to buy a full case, guess how much 1000 paintballs cost? $42! that's more than a case at epik!!! Thier prices are insane, and thier fields arent even nice, they dont really even keep the grass mowed.... that should tell you something about thier customer care.

At epik its bring your own paint! Thier open 7 days a week (Most popular days are weekends) The prices are VERY fair, lowest case is about $35 I think, $10 to play, and $5 for all day air, guns are very low, I bought my dm4 from them for a GREAT price!!

I mean seriosly, there isnt even an argument going on, face it OP is set right on OBT the worst part of town practacly, in the ghetto, with ghetto fields, ghetto refs, and ghetto prices....

Over all I give epik a 10/10 no competition.
THE.END.

rdb123
07-18-2004, 09:30 PM
HEY RDB123------DUDE YOUR POST IS SO LONG AND DRAWN OUT PLUS BORING!!!! OP SUX AND I KNOW IT TOO! EPIK IS WAY BETTER AND WAY NICER THAN OP EVER WAS! I AGREE WITH THE OTHER GUY! YOU MUST THINK WERE ALL NEW PLAYERS TO THIS GAME BUT IVE BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE AND IF I OWNED OP, THE FIRST THING TO GO WOULD HAVE BEEN SHAWN! HE IS A CRAPPY MANAGER AND THERE PLACE IS A SHOE BOX! THE ONLY REASON SPEROS ISNT IN FLORIDA AND LIVES IN CANADA IS CAUSE HE IS AVOIDING BEING ARRESTED FOR TAX EVASION! THERE REFS NOT BEING ON THE FIELD CAUSE BOUNSES COUNT IS A CROCK OF CRAP HANDED TO YOU! IF IT DONT BREAK IM NOT HIT! AND IF YOU GO TO ANY FIELD NOT INCLUDING OP THE SPEED IS 285 FPS. IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT DONT PLAY THE GAME! OP SUXXXXXXXXXXX, ALWAYS HAS ALWAYS WILL. EPIK IS WAY BETTER AND AS FOR ER, THERE FIELDS MIGHT BE NICE BUT AS FOR THERE STAFF,THERE A BUNCH OF HOT HEADS THAT THINK THERE ALL THATAND THERE NOT PLUS THE PLACE SMELLS LIKE CHIT. ALL AMERICANS, ZIGGY, PHILLY AMERICANS, FRANK, TEAM FULL THROTTLE, SPEED ALL PRACTICE AT EPIK PAINTBALL. THERE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE OVER THERE AND ID RATHER PAY 35 A CASE NOT 55 LIKE YOU AND THERE AIR IS 5.00 NOT 10.00 AS YOU PROCLAIM. GO AHEAD AND WRITE ANOTHER LONG BORING DEFENSE AND PUT ME TO SLEEP AGAIN. LOL FOOL

Well like DUDE, turn off your caps lock and maybe other people will like read it, DUDE. Since I'm a nice guy, I decided to read it anyway, and I'll try to respond to everything you wrote in a somewhat organized fashion:

1. My post sucks? Mine aren't biased and have proper grammar.
2. Great assessment of why Epik is better than OP. Great that you weren't objective.
3. If you stay in the game after a ball bounces off of you, you are cheating if the rules say you are out.
4. OP's speed limit is 299 for tourney.
5. It's great that you have your own spelling for the word "sucks."
6. "Hot heads?" I'm sure the same is being said about the Epik crowd at other fields.
7. Let's see, Aftershock, VL All Stars, Nemesis, Static (sometimes), RAGE, and others practice at ER--a field that has been open less than a month.
8. Why would I pay 55 for a case of paint? I don't pay rec. Plus I get Ultra Chronic cheap.
9. Fool? I'm not the one typing in caps.

Tell me why Epik is better? Just because of the fields being airball? I'll give you that. You're better off arguing the quality of the playing fields instead of the establishments themselves.

Epik Sells One Pallet In 3 Days, I Was Out There Today And They Sold A Pallet Since Friday! The Funniest Thing Is Epik Paintball Is Byop And Op Is Field Paint Only! So Obviously You Arent The Sharpest Tool In The Shed. Open Your Eyes

Funny: "You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed." I'm not the one capitalizing the first letter of every word in a post.

EDIT: Warped, you get what you pay for when you buy that 35 dollar case at Epik. OP's price structure is like that because they are trying to get you to buy more paint. It's the same thing when a store advertises "buy one, get the second 50% off." Since when was Apopka ghetto? 436, 429, I-4, and Maitland boulevard all run near OP. I guess Bryn-Alan photography must be ghetto too since they are within 3 miles of this place. Epik is behind a liquor store on the less-populated stretch of Colonial.

Mr.Goodbar989
07-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Are there any fields near Cocoa Beach in florida??? LIke no more than an hour away?

ilikePB
07-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Are there any fields near Cocoa Beach in florida??? LIke no more than an hour away?
There's a lame one in Merrit Island(indoor) and Titusville. There's a good one in Palm Bay(owned by the city).

magvsrt
07-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Your Way Off When It Comes To Reality, And You Should Take A Reality Check. Plus Why Dont You Proof Read B4 You Write If You Wanna Start Correcting Things, Try Correcting Your Spelling. There Is No Reason To Argue This And I Did Forget To Add About Shady Part Of Town, Your The One In The Shady Part Of Town. Look Where You Are, Right Next To Crimehills! Id Rather Leave My Car Near Ucf Where Epiks Field Is Next To. At Least When Im Done Playing Paintball I Have A Car To Go Back To, Not Over By Obt! Lol. Its A 50/50 Chance My Car Will Still Be There. Oh Yea, Just Like Er Too! There In Crimehills As Well! One More Thing, I Almost Forgot, If Im Not Worring About That I Also Have The Parliment House-and For Those Who Arent Familiar With The Parliment House, Its A Male Gay Bar. But Hey Maybe You Stop There On Your Way Home From Playing Since You Get It Up The Butt From Op's Pricing You Figure Why Not Finish The Deed!
Ps. Ill Use Caps All I Want!

rdb123
07-18-2004, 09:55 PM
There's a good one in Palm Bay(owned by the city).

How does that work??

ilikePB
07-18-2004, 10:00 PM
How does that work??
Not sure, here's (http://www.palmbayflorida.org/departments/parks&rec/paintball_park.htm) the web site.

rdb123
07-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Your Way Off When It Comes To Reality, And You Should Take A Reality Check. Plus Why Dont You Proof Read B4 You Write If You Wanna Start Correcting Things, Try Correcting Your Spelling. There Is No Reason To Argue This And I Did Forget To Add About Shady Part Of Town, Your The One In The Shady Part Of Town. Look Where You Are, Right Next To Crimehills! Id Rather Leave My Car Near Ucf Where Epiks Field Is Next To. At Least When Im Done Playing Paintball I Have A Car To Go Back To, Not Over By Obt! Lol. Its A 50/50 Chance My Car Will Still Be There. Oh Yea, Just Like Er Too! There In Crimehills As Well! One More Thing, I Almost Forgot, If Im Not Worring About That I Also Have The Parliment House-and For Those Who Arent Familiar With The Parliment House, Its A Male Gay Bar. But Hey Maybe You Stop There On Your Way Home From Playing Since You Get It Up The Butt From Op's Pricing You Figure Why Not Finish The Deed!
Ps. Ill Use Caps All I Want!

50% chance your car will be stolen? What do you think this is--Newark??

What's wrong with my spelling and grammar? My posts are not atrocious like yours so what should I be "worring" about? I just copied and pasted the contents of my past two posts I typed and MS Word told me I typed 1336 words. Now, if I had 20 typos, that is still only 1.5% of the total text I wrote--pretty darn efficient. The same can't be said of your horrendous compositions. Now tell me what I spelled incorrectly, please.

EDIT: ilikepb, thanks.

Load SM5
07-18-2004, 10:14 PM
MagvsRT...3 days for flaming and being a schmuck. Take the time to learn where the space bar and caps lock key are.

ilikePB
07-18-2004, 10:18 PM
EDIT: ilikepb, thanks.
NP. You gotta admit though, Epik is better when it comes to competitive tournament style play over OP. IMO ER is the best in central florida. OP is good for the rec style player though.

rdb123
07-18-2004, 10:21 PM
NP. You gotta admit though, Epik is better when it comes to competitive tournament style play over OP. IMO ER is the best in central florida. OP is good for the rec style player though.

I agree. Epik is better in tournament style play over OP, but not ER Park. I was never asserting OP had a better tourney scene. OP easily blows the other two out of the water when it comes to recreational play.

Obviously you haven't visited Central Florida Paintball out in Lakeland; it's only an hour away from Orlando.

DynastyPball13
07-18-2004, 10:31 PM
EPIK PAINTBALL IS BYFAR the best place to pball in Orlando. The ppl that own/work there are so helful. Epik has 3 VERy nice airball fields. (nd a woods ball field but i dont kno much bout that). the store is very nice, and when it comes to prices there is no compitition epik truly has the lowest prices and best deals, thats y i continue to go there evetry weekend.if u havnt gone to epik u havnt been to the best field in orlando....nuff said

whoopazz
07-18-2004, 10:46 PM
*Useless crap deleted*

WickeDKlowN
07-19-2004, 03:46 AM
How many god damn accounts are you going to make just so you can promote Epik and/or bash rdb? Do you work there or something? Stop spamming and go huff some Chlorine gas or do a few lines of Sodium Hydroxide.

Lee
07-19-2004, 07:42 AM
well, my mind is made up. i won't be going to epik anytime soon.

i like to travel around and see different fields and had epik on my short list of places to visit, but, after reading the inane, asinine, childish and pbnation like posts from what are obviously flamers whose only reason to join and post on my beloved a.o. was to bash other fields, i will NOT be going to epik.

i don't need or want to hang around or play ball with a group of angry pre teens who don't know jack about paintball.

i could go on, but why? they just wouldn't get it.

rdb123: you know your stuff man. good posts.

williamson
07-19-2004, 09:45 AM
who really cares where you go. I know what I like and I know I my pockets arent dipped into that bad when i go to epik paintball. Cant say the same thing when i go to op or er. since everyone around here is so lame they gotta ban people who stick up for what they feel. I just reported you to rdb123 as well! Im sure your using your intials in your name so ill be asking about you when I come up there. Peace dude

williamson
07-19-2004, 09:53 AM
[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Blue]So either Epik is that popular and players love playing 3 minutes, then waiting another 35 minutes or so before they play again, or that the players per Sunday is MUCH lower than you suggest

actually this quote refers to op. epik turns there games around very quickly. thats why they practice Xball out there with teams??? maybe your not really familiar with Xball yet. Most newbies arent :cry:

rdb123
07-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Im sure your using your intials in your name so ill be asking about you when I come up there. Peace dude

The first correct thing you've said all week, good job. I don't try to hide behind a screenname unlike you and your 5 accounts. I visit many fields, so I hope you get lucky and are at the same field I am.

That's great you don't care if we visit Epik or not. Since they supposedly draw 300 players a weekend, they must be swamped and wouldn't really care if players were turned off by reading this thread. Then again, if you guys didn't care so much, why argue with me in the first place?

The owners of Epik are really nice people. Heck, one time I even heard Spiros saying that to some customers while I was at OP. I'm sure they are happy you support them so vehemently. However, I don't know if you've done more harm than good.

EDIT: williamson, OP has 20man groups. On Saturdays they average at least 150, but let's say it's 220 to help out your side of the argument. 220 / 20 = 11 groups. They have 5 fields, so 11 / 5 = 2.2 groups per field. If each game runs 7 minutes, with a 3 minute lag time for the next group to come on and setup, that is really 1 game every ten minutes per group. We have to also take into account the fact that they combine fields for a big field game of one group versus another, totalling 40+ players at a time. Keep in mind I greatly exaggerated the amount of players in this example.

The only thing inefficient there is signup. They only have 2 registers, so you may wait 30 minutes to signup if you come at peak hours. ER isn't swamped like that yet, so they get by with only one cashbox. The portion of my post quoted refers to Epik, based on your estimates of players. You were the one who said Epik pulls 200 players on a Sunday, not me.

williamson
07-19-2004, 09:59 AM
I dont have 5 different accounts like you think I do. I have ONE! I dont need more than that. Enough people know that Epik is GREAT and they'll defend it too! Your loss, not mine! EPIK DOES GET 200 ON SUNDAY. why am I defending this terrific place to someone who prob. works there making a whopping 5.00 dollars an hour. Good luck with you paintball fame and future. NOT

rdb123
07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
actually this quote refers to op. epik turns there games around very quickly. thats why they practice Xball out there with teams??? maybe your not really familiar with Xball yet. Most newbies arent :cry:

Not familiar with X-ball?? What do you think Kenny Klamper and Travis Day practice with my team for if we aren't playing X-ball???

I dont have 5 different accounts like you think I do. I have ONE! I dont need more than that. Enough people know that Epik is GREAT and they'll defend it too! Your loss, not mine

Not really my loss. I'll reiterate what I said in my previous post: I'll be spending practice money at one field or another. By not spending it at Epik, the owners lose out. Then again, they shouldn't really care considering they supposedly pull almost 300 players on a weekend. If they aren't all your accounts, then I'm sorry. It's great you have so many friends though. Now how about you five contribute to OP in some other manner. All of you registered within 36 hours of one another and have only responded to this thread. Waste of registration time if you ask me.

EDIT: You must be in the 14-15 range. Why? Because if you were old enough to work, you would know minimum wage is 6.35/hr, not 5.00/hr. Last time it was 5.00/hr was around 1997 I believe. No, I don't work there. If I did, I couldn't practice at ER, Lakeland, etc.

...making a whopping 5.00 dollars an hour. Good luck with you paintball fame and future. NOT

Typical PBNation type response of typical 14-15 year olds.

I'll make this easy for you to find me. I shoot one of the following depending on how I'm feeling:

Blue/Black Alias Intimidator
Blue/Black Empire Intimidator
Pewter Shocktech Intimidator w/ all Alias Parts (the ShAlias)
Chrome RT ULE Custom
Pumpmag

You get one guess of who I am.

ilikePB
07-19-2004, 05:45 PM
I agree. Epik is better in tournament style play over OP, but not ER Park. I was never asserting OP had a better tourney scene. OP easily blows the other two out of the water when it comes to recreational play.

Obviously you haven't visited Central Florida Paintball out in Lakeland; it's only an hour away from Orlando.
Yeah, I haven't been to Central Florida Paintball. I hear it's real nice, I think I'll stop by sometime.

DynastyPball13
07-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Minumum Wage is not 6.35, i work at mcds and im 16, i make 5.75 an hour......kno the facts before u try to say somethin.

EPIK OWNS OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rdb123
07-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Great. I don't make minimum wage. I'll be lobbying my congressmen to raise minimum wage just to support your paintball needs. Will you just drop the Epik crap already? Anthony is friendly with Spiros and he doesn't condone the behavior from poor little sports like you. Imagine how upset he would be with you if he found out you were on "Team Epik."

...making a whopping 5.00 dollars an hour.

Wow, I guess that means you! The boys at OP start at 7 an hour. ER's wages are around the same as OP's.

This whole thing is getting pathetic really. You have not put forth any valid points under ANY of your accounts. You are a waste of time and you wasted 5 minutes registering just to post impertinent trash on these boards. No one responded to this thread in nearly 48 hours and you have to bring it back even though every single one of your arguments were put down. You offer nothing objective except by saying "EPIK OWNS OP." Wow. Good job there.

Load SM5
07-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Ok, this thread is pointless now. Closed