PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber barrel... what paint should i use?

OrbiTiZZeD
10-16-2001, 09:30 AM
I just got my carbon fiber 14" and i was wondering whats the best paint to use? Price doesn't really matter to me because i hate bad paint. I got a couple responses to this when i posted before that said to use 32 degrees Team Colors or Diablo Blaze... They said Marballizers wouldnt work but they seem to work fine, i only shot a couple though. Anyways, Im playin this weekend and I was just wondering what the best paint is for the carbon fiber because all you guys are pros and know these things, heh..thx

Temo Vryce
10-16-2001, 10:02 AM
Do you know what the bore size of the barrel is? It will help us to recommend a paint type. Personally I like the diablo but it's small bore. I won't shot any manufacturer that makes a red fill, so for me 32* is out but that's just me.

a_malfunction
10-16-2001, 10:46 AM
My buddy has a carbon firber and it shoots the diablo stuff at our feild just fine.

OrbiTiZZeD
10-16-2001, 12:21 PM
im pretty sure its small bore.. arent all carbon fibers small bore? the marballizers are a bit too big for it..maybe ill use diablo..whats the best kind? blaze?

MajorDamage
10-16-2001, 01:38 PM
Medium bore, a smaller medium though. Its just a little smaller than an All American, which is a larger medium. Team Colors is a good match for me, although one case I had was kinda big and was a better match for the All American. Blaze was to small for the Carbon Fiber when I used it. You can shoot smaller paint through it, it will just not go as far, and wont be as accurate. Do the paint test(thats what I always do). Put a paintball just past the nubbin in your barrel, cover the holes at the base of the barrel(nubbin, and breech holes) and blow. If it just kinda rolls out real quick its to small a paintball. If you can't blow it out or its hard to blow out its too big a paintball. And for a good match, you want just a little bit of resistance, but for it to come out relativly easy. Marbs were too small for me, maybe the yare larger where you are. Hope this helps.

ENDO!