PDA

View Full Version : Quality Control in the paint manufacturing industry

Tyger
07-06-2004, 11:47 PM
So I'm going through a bag of paint I bought a while ago so I can film tomorrow, and I found a ball that, well, I don't think it QUITE pased through the good 'ol QC.

Forgive the horrid quality of the pic, my "digital cam" isn't quite the cutting edge. But the BOTTOM ball is a normal "Mid-EVIL" ball. The top... well... It's not a normal mid-EVIL ball. Nope. Not normal at all. It's about as thick as 3 pennys, and I found it in that condition in the bag.

:rofl: I'm suddenly happy I chose the OTHER bag in the 1/2 case to play with. I can't help but wonder what the E-mag would have done with this freak of nature. :spit_take

-Tyger

(Yes, I have huge hands. Get over it.)

07-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Nice!

I would hate to see what a Halo would have done to that. :cry:

poolshark5226
07-06-2004, 11:58 PM
the other day i saw a ball on the field that looked JUST like that..it was weird, to say the least

Blazestorm
07-07-2004, 12:02 AM
I had a bag of paint with 5 balls stuck together in a long string... needless to say I chucked it at my friend's back and it left a nice splat :o

You need a new digi-cam :D (I got a cheap one I can give you... 1.3 mega-pixel... actually works!) :p

tribalman
07-07-2004, 12:05 AM
i've seen that also. it was from a pmi premium box, what kind of paint was that tyger? maybe it's something at a companies factory or just some fluke that happens now and again.

Tyger
07-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Mid-Evil paint. A PMI distributed product purchased within the last week. It ALMOST looks like it was a press error, like it was caught between the molding or something.

I haven't seen stuff like this for a while tho. Not since the tiny "Stinger" paint where you got 2500 or so normal balls, then you got 5-6 "TINY" paintballs too.

-Tyger

AnthonyW
07-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Man that sucks I have had the best of luck with Evil paint.

indulgence
07-07-2004, 02:56 AM
Be happy you actually have a digi cam to take pics of some good stuff. I've gotten plenty of those, those machines are bound to mess up sometime. :bounce:

rkjunior303
07-07-2004, 07:34 AM
That's kinda finny.. Almost look like it 'missed' it's fill somehow.. I have had great luck with Evil paint... Both Evil and Mid-Evil (same fill as evil, just a slightly thicker shell) have shot great for me.

Bolter
07-07-2004, 08:48 AM
I have seen that exact same thing twice before!! Both times it was with very cheap paint (not saying yours is)! Mutant paintball......

Every now and then I get a mutant M & M in a bag I buy at the cinema that Im sure doesn't pass QC.

mcveighr
07-07-2004, 10:34 AM
I got the exact same thing in Evil like a month ago, I thought I should send it back.

GoatBoy
07-07-2004, 04:59 PM
I would have encapsulated it in plastic and turned it into a collector's item. Like an authentic, numbered Tyger paint rejects series. You know, you can number them, date them, and sign them, maybe encap them with a seal of authenticity. People could collect them, trade them... maybe look for them at sci-fi cons...

:dance:

FutureMagOwner
07-07-2004, 05:08 PM
you should see the garbage i shot through my emag last weekend, not a single break or chop though :D

seriously it was rec paint i bought in november, tossed into a bigger bag and left down stairs until that weekend, and my dog used it as a pillow that whole time so there was about 10 broke balls in it and the rest were all warped and dented to extremes. and a ref still commented that my mag was more accurate than his dm4 lol

Got_Paint
07-07-2004, 06:30 PM
I had a bag of paint with 5 balls stuck together in a long string... needless to say I chucked it at my friend's back and it left a nice splat :o

You need a new digi-cam :D (I got a cheap one I can give you... 1.3 mega-pixel... actually works!) :p

You mean like this?

http://www.firepro84.com/galpic/PD12/PD12-49.jpg

hehe, I ended up squeezing them over my friends head

http://www.firepro84.com/galpic/PD12/PD12-54.jpg

Danman69
07-07-2004, 07:11 PM
they look like grapes. sweet!

spyder_technician
07-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I wonder what would happen if you ask for a refund. Seriously, just put it in an envelope and mail it back to them. See if they will mail you back a new paintball! Lol, some joker at the company might just send you back a single paintball.

ScottQ
07-07-2004, 10:01 PM
I had a ball in a bag of Evil that was the size of a bead. Even had a little E on it. Cute.

scrumpy
07-08-2004, 12:35 AM
I've had the same thing happen to me with PMI Premiums, just incase you want to make a chart or something I figured I'd help out. There you go.... :ninja:

elpimpo
07-08-2004, 02:29 AM
i had a coupke ablls of zap underneath my gear bag for like a year and they didnt break but they were almost flat. it cracked me up

then the other day my friend left his timmy in the sun and then came back and pulled off the hallo and tried to dump out the paint, but it was all melted together

ronin
07-08-2004, 08:54 AM
i once got a ball in a bag of marbelizer that was shaped like a heart (i threw it at my friend) i guess the machines are trying to tell us something.....im not shure what though..............lol