PDA

View Full Version : Emag Battery to Halo B

Phobos
07-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Do you think that you could get your Halo b to run off the Emags batterypack using a voltage regulator? How would it last long enough? Forseeable problems?

Doobie
07-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Check AGD europe under upgrades for this. It is in england and I don't know if they ship to the U.S.
http://www.airgun.com/Europe/Images/Xpowerkita248x225.jpg

Unit Price: £35.00
Total Price: £35.00
Purchase Item:
The X-Power Kit is designed for use with the X-Mag or E-Mag.
It comes complete with circuit board, wiring loom, and all necessary plugs / fittings, along
with installation instructions.
X-Power utilises the 18volt NiMH battery pack of your X-Mag / E-Mag to power your Loader or
your Warp feed.
With the purchase of the optional Xtra Power Cable, which simply plugs into the board, it is
possible to supply power to both a Warp & a Loader, with no batteries, other than your
X-Mag / E-Mag Battery Pack.
No extra 9 volt batteries or re-chargeable Warp Packs greatly reduces the weight of your marker.

rgt
07-07-2004, 06:44 PM
How do you get a hold of AGD Europe?

Doobie
07-07-2004, 07:35 PM
How do you get a hold of AGD Europe?

HERE (http://www.airgun.com/Europe/index.html)

Good luck! :)

kdawg
07-08-2004, 03:56 AM
Will they ship to the US?

Also, has anyone done this without buying this?

Should just be some wiring and a regulator to drop the voltage down for the halo right? Not a bad idea to save on batteries and a little weight.

Flossabe
07-09-2004, 07:58 PM
I dont know how the AGDE kit works or if they ship to the US my guess would be that they do but if you dont want to get it from there you can build a 9V voltage regulator, cus if the Halo gets any more than 9 volts it will fry the board real fast, you can find them at RadioShack.com or some other site like it and they are realy easy to build if you know simple soldering.

I built one and it worked fine if you need any help let me know.
Good Luck

Flossabe

Phobos
07-09-2004, 11:20 PM

Enemy
07-10-2004, 06:09 AM
wow good idea never thought to make that big old thing that usefull!!!!

kdawg
07-16-2004, 09:52 PM
I dont know how the AGDE kit works or if they ship to the US my guess would be that they do but if you dont want to get it from there you can build a 9V voltage regulator, cus if the Halo gets any more than 9 volts it will fry the board real fast, you can find them at RadioShack.com or some other site like it and they are realy easy to build if you know simple soldering.

I built one and it worked fine if you need any help let me know.
Good Luck

Flossabe

I would pm you, but others would probably like to know also.........

The actual wiring part is pretty straight forward, connect wires to emag-->regulate to 9V-->connect to halo.

**How did you go about running the wires? Trying to come up with the cleanest possible method. Maybe using plugs like the intelli warp setup?

AGDlover
07-16-2004, 11:35 PM
hey i thought bout that too today when shooting a e-mag for a coupple of games

Flossabe
07-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Yea it is prety easy, i could make up some plans to install inthe Halo if you wanted, the only thing that you might not like is there will be a wire running from your mag to the halo battery compartment, but you can hide it prety well on the front of the feed neck and it willbe removeable.

rgt
07-17-2004, 09:43 AM
The plans would be great!

I'm looking at ways to run the wire clean...

Flossabe
07-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Ill work on it and see what i can come up with

shades
07-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I have my battery powering my warp (12V)and revy (18V). It works great. UNLESS you are using the intelifeed wire from your EMag/Xmag. It works Beautifully until you lose the Ground feed, as in the wire for your power then you get a grn leak through the micro proceesor in the gun and you can FRY the selenoid output from the processor (as i did, a $200 oops!). :cuss: Lesson, when feeding a Warp via gun battery NO intelifeed. But a Halo or revy you should have no problem. as long as you don't intelifeed it somehow.