PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France

MiniMag84
07-07-2004, 06:54 PM
U.S. Postal Team takes the win at the Tour de France Team Time Trials. Man, I would really like to see Lance make another win.

punkncat
07-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah , that would be quite amazing.

I just got finished watching the highlights. They are rockin....makes me miss riding my bike.

Echo419
07-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Not like any of you care... But at the end of July, i'm going to meet the guy that does alot of the graphics for Tour De France, Bill Mayer. B/c my aunt is a graphic designer. and for a week shes showing me what she does, teaching me some and taking me to all these peoples studioes :headbang:

mcveighr
07-07-2004, 09:56 PM
If its not the John Mayer that plays guitar, then you're right, I don't care.

Echo419
07-07-2004, 10:10 PM
It says Bill mayer..... www.thebillmayer.com

1stdeadeye
07-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Go Lance go!!!

Spank the French and raise the Star Spangled Banner there again!!! :headbang:

_tMAN
07-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I haven't missed a race yet

But, man, Postal kicked total butt in the time trial yesterday

Igotu
07-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Man gone thru what that guy gone thru he deserves a 6 victory. GO LANCE :headbang:

LudavicoSoldier
07-08-2004, 12:19 PM
L'enfer du Nord Paris-Roubaix
La Cote d'Azur et Saint Tropez
Les Alpes et les Pyrennees
Derniere etape Champs-Elysees
Galibier et Tourmalet
En danseuse jusqu'au sommet
Pedaler en grand braquet
Sprint final a l'arrivee
Crevaison sur les paves
Le velo vite repare
Le peloton est regroupe
Camarades et amitie

Tour de France

Tour de France

-Carnifex-
07-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Bunch of cheaters as far as I'm concerned. :cuss: :mad:

mcveighr
07-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Last edited by Echo419 : Today at 03:09 AM.

No it didn't. You tool.

spantol
07-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Bunch of cheaters as far as I'm concerned. :cuss: :mad:

How does one cheat at cycling?

Not trying to sound snarky; I don't follow the Tour closely--I'm legitimately curious.

Igotu
07-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Probly how like the postal team works hard so Lance can win and other if they dont have a team they dont have a chance.

FooTemps
07-08-2004, 02:28 PM
I'd like to see ulrich do the big upset and finally win the tour after being second to armstrong 5 times... everyone would whine about it for years... hehehe

MiniMag84
07-08-2004, 03:56 PM
How does one cheat at cycling?

Not trying to sound snarky; I don't follow the Tour closely--I'm legitimately curious.

He was probably talking about the steroid questioning. The U.S. Postal Team is taking a lot of flak for it. I don't think they take steroids though.

And just because they have a strong team doesn't mean they cheat. A strong team is awarded in the Team Time Trials but it doesn't greatly affect the other areas. Lance's team keeps him safe and in a good spot, they don't cast voodoo spells to make him ride faster.

Warewolf50
07-09-2004, 02:22 AM
I really dont understand how a team working togeatehr is cheating, i mean when a paintball team works togeather and wins a game is that cheating, lance's team jsut protects their #1 rider.

Ohh yteah has anyone seen dodge ball when lance armstrong comes in and has a pretty funn scen with Chris Vaughn.

MiniMag84
07-09-2004, 09:13 AM
I really dont understand how a team working togeatehr is cheating, i mean when a paintball team works togeather and wins a game is that cheating, lance's team jsut protects their #1 rider.

Ohh yteah has anyone seen dodge ball when lance armstrong comes in and has a pretty funn scen with Chris Vaughn.

"GO BALLS DEEP!"

What a funny movie...

-Carnifex-
07-09-2004, 11:45 AM
He was probably talking about the steroid questioning. The U.S. Postal Team is taking a lot of flak for it. I don't think they take steroids though.

And just because they have a strong team doesn't mean they cheat. A strong team is awarded in the Team Time Trials but it doesn't greatly affect the other areas. Lance's team keeps him safe and in a good spot, they don't cast voodoo spells to make him ride faster.

There's stuff circulating about how steroid use is rampant in cycling; basically you need them to be competitive.

MiniMag84
07-09-2004, 11:58 AM
There's stuff circulating about how steroid use is rampant in every sport. I could believe it here and there, but I highly doubt everyone in the tour/U.S. Postal Team uses them. And though there's ways to get around it, I'd bet everyone has to have a drug test before racing.

-Carnifex-
07-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Of course everyone is tested, but the new steroids aren't picked up.

And no, stuff isn't said to be nearly as severe as in cycling.

MiniMag84
07-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Where did you hear that steroids are more common among cyclists than they are among football and baseball players?

-Carnifex-
07-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Baseball is not a sport.

There steroids (endurance enhancing drugs) are no the typical ones used in lifting, etc. and of course steroids are used in other sports, but due to the nature of cycling they're said to be much more prevalent.

MiniMag84
07-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Not to sound offensive, but you didn't really answer my question. The first statement is clearly an opinion. The second just repeats yourself. They are more prevalant in cycling because they're endurance drugs. Obviously they'd be endurance enhancing drugs because they don't necessarily need to lift weight; that's why they're common only really to cycling. Where did you find that steroids are more common in cycling than they are in other sports/hobbies/activites?

-Carnifex-
07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
That' just what's circulating, as I've said numerous times. If you don't understand why endurance enhancing drugs would be prevalent in cycling than baseball then I'm not going to bother. Bye.

MiniMag84
07-09-2004, 02:30 PM
You obviously didn't read my post very well. I understand that endurance enhancing drugs are more prevalant in cycling than baseball. But I find that steroids, as a generalization, are more comming in baseball and football.