PDA

View Full Version : New Emag owner

Subtle-Canary
07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
hope im not asking a question thats been asked a gagillion times but i just got an Emag as a gift.
what is the best drop forward and what type of hose do i get for it to connect to an n2 tank?
im talking length and whether or not i need adaptors and stuff. links would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance

afultz075
07-07-2004, 07:12 PM
There's not best kind of drop, it's all preference as to whether you like a big drop, medium drop, small drop, or no drop at all. I'm more of a Unimount/Micro Drop guy since it makes the gun easier to shoulder.

As for running a hose, just get macroline fittings and hose and run it however you like to the valve, or if you don't care for adjustability or looks so much, get stainless steel hose.

afultz075
07-07-2004, 07:14 PM
A standard 1 ft. macroline hose generally looks pretty good on an emag when ran from the drop going towards the forward and coming back to the valve if you can understand how I worded that ;)

silentdeath55
07-07-2004, 07:16 PM
Drop forwards are really all personal preferance. Whether or not you want a long one (big tank) or a small one (small tank). As for length of hose, you will have to estimate with whatever size drop you get (It's always good to be like 3-4 inches ling with macro line, and 1-2 inches long with steel braided hose). Also, if you have a screw-in N2 tank, then you need an ASA adapter to connect to the drop. If you have any other questions, PM me or I'm sure someone else will post better info than I did.

Subtle-Canary
07-07-2004, 07:41 PM
okay cool, i was going to get an 88ci 4500 nitroduck with a mega reg so i imagine ill need a larger dropforward. think ill stick with stellbraid as well. thanks all

abunkerer
07-08-2004, 12:52 AM
get an adjustable tank, something that you can get up to 900+psi. you will be happier with it on an emag, they need lots of input pressure and many presets are just enough but can drop a little over time :cheers:

68magOwner
07-08-2004, 01:31 AM
make shure to shrink wrap, or wrap the steel braid in tape (electrical) that stuff scratches teh heck out of anything it comes close to

Subtle-Canary
07-08-2004, 07:20 PM
thats a very good point, i hadnt thought about the steel braiding jacking my gun up, looks as if i might got macro afterall.

AGDlover
07-08-2004, 07:31 PM
ya macro is deffanetly better its cheeper to and lighter for all your ULEing purposes and like someone posted above me and adjustable tank is defantly a great investment so you can tune your tank with your gun. hope this helps somewhat