PDA

View Full Version : Serious On/Off Problem Please help

Threewheeler
10-16-2001, 01:52 PM
I really messed up this time. I was rebuilding my Classic 68 valve, and put the on/off assembly back into the valve without the on/off top. Any suggestions on how to get it back out?

Thanks everyone,

Three

Cha0tic
10-16-2001, 01:57 PM
well, i assume that the whole on/off assembly is now down in that hole. maybe get a magnet to pull it out.

my only other i dea would be to gass up the gun with the valve in your gun. this would push the assembly out to the point where you can take it out. then degas, and take it out. i'm not completely sure on that, so someone back me up.

Threewheeler
10-16-2001, 01:59 PM
Thanks Chaotic,

Don't have any CO2 or Air handy right now, nor do I have a magnet, but you're right about the whole thing in the hole.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Three

Hexis
10-16-2001, 02:02 PM
You should be able to get the pin out pretty easy with a needle nose pliers. Then ue a small pick (try a paper clip) to get the rest of assembly out.

Temo Vryce
10-16-2001, 02:03 PM
If you have the ability to slow gas up your mag ie an asa with the threaded bolt to depress the valve pin. You could slowly gas up the mag with the valve in you hand. this should blow it out, but use this at your own risk. If your tank is either off or on, no middle ground then try it with your tank hold only 100 - 200 psi.

Actually try the magnet or a really fine pair of pliers first.

Threewheeler
10-16-2001, 02:04 PM
Hexis, only problem there is that the pin, and the rest of the assembly are flush and there's no room to get ahold of it.

Three

Threewheeler
10-16-2001, 02:07 PM
Thank you everyone,

I had to push the rest of the assembly down past the pin, then I could get ahold of the pin, and used reverse tweesers to get the assembly out.

Thanks again everyone,

Three

TuxMag26
10-21-2001, 12:56 PM
I did that 1 time and all i did was but the air back in and fired. I had to unscrew the tank to stop the air flow but it will raise enough toward where u can get it out!