PDA

View Full Version : Small screw hold's the solenoid in place???

Hellaspaint
07-08-2004, 08:17 AM
There is a small screw (same with screws that hold the panel grip) on the solenoid. A very small surface of the screw head is on the trigger's body assembly. I suppose that screw is holding securely the solenoid inside the trigger body.

Ok, my problem is: that screw is not holding anymore the solenoid securely and it is screwed at the finall point. The solenoid is moving very little, but is moving. I am talking about the silver cylindrical piece.

How bad is that? I am thinking it could do bigger damage in the gun. What do you think?

Any ideas how to fix it?

athomas
07-08-2004, 08:49 AM
The small screw you are talking about holds the solenoid mount from moving in the grip frame. As long as the mount does not slide back and forth, it should be fine. If it does move, then you should find a way of securing it to prevent the solenoid plunger from binding. Try a tiny bit of rubber cement on the edge of the mount where it touches the grip frame. This will make the mount imobile but you will still be able to get it out if you need to service it.

Hellaspaint
07-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Thank you Athomas for posting.

I think the movement is not enough for binding the plunger.... i suppose!!!

Your suggestion is good.
I was thinking to use a kind of shim (very-very thin) under the screw just to increase the holding area on the grip body.

athomas
07-09-2004, 07:54 AM
That will work. I thought maybe the screw was not tightening properly due to bad threads. If there is any contact at all between the screw and the body, then there shouldn't be enough movement to cause any problems. I think all the solenoid mounts have a tiny bit of "wiggle". I wouldn't worry about it.

Hellaspaint
07-09-2004, 08:13 AM
I forget to say that the treads are ok.
There is a very-very small gap on the point of the trigger body where the screw seat. On that point the ano is not anymore. That point is like a hair!!!!

Anyway thanks a lot!!!

Hellaspaint
07-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Here is a picture. I do not know if you can see how i try to fix the problem.
I put the very small white oring as a washer.
It is not moving anymore.

athomas
07-13-2004, 06:21 AM
Yep, that'll do just fine.