PDA

View Full Version : paintball in england

blembiggity
10-16-2001, 02:26 PM
hey i am in korea now but next sept. i will be stationed in lakenheath, england. i was wondering if anyone knows where i can play and if there is anything close to me as far as paintball goes. thank u for any info. i havent used my mag in about two months and i need to, i have the itchy trigger finger if ya know what i mean.

Threewheeler
10-16-2001, 02:34 PM
Blem...

Sorry to say that I can't really help you much on the whole baintball in England issue, however please get in touch with me reguarding paintball in Korea. I was there a couple of months ago, and I couldn't get ahold of anyone at the Air Force (I think) field.

I was really looking to play too.

Thank you,

Three

absocountry2
10-16-2001, 04:04 PM
I am at LAK now, been here 6 years. The best thing about England is John Sosta and Storm. That is Airguns team here and Sosta is the man behind Airgun Designs (Europe) and the Extreme EMAG body. Storm has a young guns (amateur)team that you can try out for if you want to play tournaments. If you rate, you will move up. If you don't want to play tourneys there is a really good field about 25 minutes away. Email me at absocountry2@btinternet.com and I will give you my name for my work email. I got my EMAG Extreme body this weekend and used it to practice. Sosta lives 42 miles from here and brought Tom Kaye to the base a few years ago because Tom wanted to visit us. He signed my RT hat and my gun case for me. Great guys, both of them. By the way, the Extreme works (and looks) great. You will love it here, especially after there. Dave

blembiggity
10-17-2001, 02:20 PM
your gun is sweet looking. i am going to lakenheath. is everything near there. i mean is there a field or anything on base or near the base. u said the agd airsmith lived 45 miles away, is that from lakenheath or what?

blembiggity
10-18-2001, 06:05 AM
up up and away

absocountry2
10-18-2001, 02:39 PM
The 45 miles is from Lakenheath. It is actually John Sosta, a few steps higher than an airsmith. Airsmiths just polish things and make them work nice. Sosta does all that and help Airgun Designs come up with new ideas or help fine tune projects inwork. If you hook up with me we can visit him. He likes fixing any version of the mag. I got my extreme as part of a test program for them. They are not available to all yet and as things change, he will constantly upgrade mine. I have a really big problem pulling the trigger on my RT all the way and causing problems so that is why he ollowed me an Extreme EMAG and I could not tell you how fast I jumped at that opportunity. We are about 60 miles north of London and there are plenty of tourneys there. You will have to go and at least watch Campaign cup. Send me your contact info and where you are going (work) we can hook up when you get here. I will show you my autographed Airgun Designs gun case from Tom. Maybe we will get the chance to meet him when he makes another trip over.
Dave

blembiggity
10-18-2001, 02:50 PM
hey thanks alot, i appreciate it. i work in maintenance, air force. i will hook u up with my info when i get there. i wont be there until september next year because i have to do a year in korea first and i only been here 2 months. i am looking to buy a new gun soon, although i cant let my z body go. i will e mail ya later. thanks again

absocountry2
10-18-2001, 04:13 PM
I am in maint also, a crew chief on 15s. I got to go to Osan twice from Japan when I was there. Can you still get the blankets for $20? Are you a loader or backshop? If you want a z-grip Emag you will not see it yet, however by the time you get here it might be close to production or in-work and you might ever get lucky enough to help test them if they decide to do them.
Dave

blembiggity
10-19-2001, 05:48 PM
yeah i am in maint. i am looking to get a e mag but i want to wait to see what the wonderful agd europe has to offer me first