PDA

View Full Version : Jackal 90* frame. yea or nay

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 10:40 AM
We are discussing making our frame for the mag. Before we do we want to know what you guys think. We have the A/C and the Impusle frame and people like the very much so why not add a Mag frame. If we do make the frame do you guys think it needs a safty. If we do make one it would retail for around $110 while most dealers sell them for around $90. Feel free to post comments or questions.

http://www.g3pb.com/product_images/jackal/impulse_frame.gif

Target Practice
07-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Looks pretty nifty.

Edit: It might look pretty cool with a Karta.

Edit Numero Dos: Yeah, totally needs a safety.

Fred
07-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Looks nifty, but all the other 90* frames for mags have safeties... It's a good idea.

---Fred

Automaget
07-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Yes i would love to have it with a safty to prevent any unwanted fireing when your holding it But the only thing thats looks weird is the trigger thing so to me it kinda looks like a chode :rolleyes: but i guess you could make one but what nifty things could it do for the mag? becuase right now i just love the Y-grip and rogues looks just a tad better im not trying to be harsh

shartley
07-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Safeties have been an issue for those already making 90* frames for Mags. So I would say if you are going to do it, yes, put in a safety.

Looks good. It is a bit more stylish (curvey) than the two already available for Mags. I think those lines would look great with some of the Chord bodies. You may want to make a mock-up picture with your frame on an existing Mag though so folks can see it all work together.

_tMAN
07-08-2004, 11:03 AM
I really like the look of your frame, but that trigger is a little off,

But then again I like the really thin triggers.

louie
07-08-2004, 11:05 AM
I have Jeremy's 90* for my cocker, it's really comfortable and adjustable. There's nothing Jackal makes that I wouldn't suggest to anyone.
Here are pics:
http://iamlouie.com/gallery/albums/paintball/vertibrate05.sized.jpg

http://iamlouie.com/gallery/albums/paintball/vertibrate01.sized.jpg

Some people think the grips look weird but you they don't feel unatural when you're holding the frame.

pointm@n
07-08-2004, 11:09 AM
I like the direction you took with the 90* frame. Rogue and Logics look very similar the the Angel Space frame. You seemed to take a different view of what the 90* frame should be. It adds variety in the market. :hail:

Also, I do think that it should have a safety. I think it should be illegal for any marker made today to not have a safety.

AGD
07-08-2004, 11:17 AM
AO Army!

I just got off the phone with Jeremy and he told me he gave up on PBN when he went there asking about his products and got flamed to a crisp. I ASSURED him that AO was different (and of course looking at the posts so far I am right) so lets give him a BIG AO WELCOME and get him on board as a AGD accessory manuf.

AGD

LittlePaintballBoy
07-08-2004, 11:22 AM
I think that looks really nice, actually I like the looks of it more than Rogue's or CollHand's.

Target Practice
07-08-2004, 11:36 AM
AO Army!

I just got off the phone with Jeremy and he told me he gave up on PBN when he went there asking about his products and got flamed to a crisp. I ASSURED him that AO was different (and of course looking at the posts so far I am right) so lets give him a BIG AO WELCOME and get him on board as a AGD accessory manuf.

AGD

Well, there ya go. TK's blessing.

Cryer
07-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Well it certainly has a very unique look to it. (not that I dislike it, tho)

You'll have a market it seems like. Especially if you find a way to add electronics to it, as that seems to be a big thing right now: "who's gonna come out with a vert E-frame first?" ;)

Price-wise, I think you have an edge over the other 2 Mag Vert Frames out now.

I realize the frame shown is for an Impulse, but I suppose just so the issue is heard, the mag frame would have a mechanical safety, right?

Janixs
07-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Yes I think you should make some for our Mag’s. I see from you web site that you do milling work, ever though about turning out some body\rail combo for Mag’s?

RoadDawg
07-08-2004, 11:57 AM
It definatly looks interesting. I do like the standard 45 grip idea and it definatly needs a safety. A lot of fields I've been too won't let you play without a trigger guard and/or a safety. Kudo's on the unique look.

thecavemankevin
07-08-2004, 12:03 PM
personally the one sitting at the top of the page, i just can't see it fitting with a mag. I just like the space frame looks of coolhands primarily and rouges second. However, that easily could change once one is actually completed and we have pics.

either way, safety is a MUST

Creative Mayhem
07-08-2004, 12:04 PM
I would have to say yea. I like the lines, and I won't go repeating what others have said about safties and such.:D I definately think that this frame has a place here within the AO family.

Welcome :cheers:

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 12:04 PM
I expect mags to make a good come back. Back when mags were the gun to have there were several frames available for them and everybody had their own share of the market. If there is two or ten people are still going to base their purchase off what they think looks the best. Some people like my frame, some people like the other frames, but that's good for the mag and mag users. They are not stuck with one or two choices. It is nice to hear someone appreciate that you can use standard grips. I have had so many people tell me to use angel grips on it and it just doesn't seem right to me.

Janixs: I got some slug bodies from Tom :) That's all I have to about that.

Tom: Thanks for the welcome, I very much appreciate the great response here and the kindness shown to me.

Here is a picture of what it could look like on an onlder mag but still nice. Yes, it is a cocker frame with some photo editing done but you get the idea.

http://www.g3pb.com/mag.jpg

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-08-2004, 12:06 PM
if its even possible to have a plate to hook up intellifeed it would be even more awesome

tony3
07-08-2004, 12:14 PM
I kind of like it, I like the plainer style of the logic and rogues frame. The 45 grips look really out of place, normal 90* ones would look much better.

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Those grips do look a little off, but the DYE grips look a lot better because the curves of the frame align with the grips.

E-frame would be nice but I have to see how much SP is going to try to stick me for on the licensing.

GT
07-08-2004, 12:20 PM
*cough eframe.

dam cold :headbang:

68magOwner
07-08-2004, 12:21 PM
im not a huge fan of the foreward angled trigger, but, other than that looks nice, but i think personally, i would buy one of the cheaper frames befor getting this one, may look at the imp frame though

edit- looked at imp frame, not enough walking room between trigger and huard, thin out the trigger, and make the guard bigger, imp owners are looking for a frame that offers more walking room (what they say is an advantage of aftermarket frames, as taken form PBN, they all want more room to walk)

RoadDawg
07-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Those grips do look a little off, but the DYE grips look a lot better because the curves of the frame align with the grips.

Agreed. I like the sticky grips much better. IR3 style grips aren't that nice IMO. The only design I've liked so far (IR3 wise) is Rogue's aluminum grips for his vert frame. They are real comfortable and plus can get them anno'ed in any color.

Skoad
07-08-2004, 12:28 PM
It looks pretty nice to be honest. It would be cool accepting the 45 grips but they look goofy to me on that frame.

If you do plan on making one for the mag, keep these in mind.

1) safety's are good
2) everyone loves trigger stop screws
3) intellifeeding is a plus, though seems to be rarely used nowadays.
4) Might be nice to fit it so a snatch grip could be put on/off.

A few of these will set you apart from some of the other 90* frames out, sry rogue and coolhand...its just some little features that would be nice to have.

magman007
07-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Well jackal, ive always been a fan of your work, and i hate to play devils advocate, i just dnt want to see you invest, and not come out on top. my only suggestion is if you plan to go foreward withit, is make a very small run of them, maybe 10 or so, if they sell, make a slightly larger run. You will find out, that AO is some times finicky. They will clammor for one thing, then once its released, people are not so interested any more. I do agree, that there was once a huge frame market for mags, but agd put that to a halt, with the intelliframe and the y grip. Rogue and Coolhand have put their frames on the market, and they are making from what i understand, a good amount on these frames. Im just worried that since many have already bought theirs, and since people already have alot of buying loyalty for these 2 dealers, that people wont be so interested in your design.

Just some things to think about. Good luck with your endeavors, everything you have done, has been pretty impressive.

It was your article on how to pimp out a mag, that origionally got me interested in mags in the first place!

Smoke
07-08-2004, 12:40 PM
It looks pretty nice to be honest. It would be cool accepting the 45 grips but they look goofy to me on that frame.

If you do plan on making one for the mag, keep these in mind.

1) safety's are good
2) everyone loves trigger stop screws
3) intellifeeding is a plus, though seems to be rarely used nowadays.
4) Might be nice to fit it so a snatch grip could be put on/off.

A few of these will set you apart from some of the other 90* frames out, sry rogue and coolhand...its just some little features that would be nice to have.

I agree.

Nice frame though, it looks raw. :headbang:

Cryer
07-08-2004, 12:40 PM
just imaginating :ninja:

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 12:52 PM
WOW! That looks even better. People over here are drooling :)

SteelSoul
07-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Do you have a pre order list??
Count me as the first on your waiting list :)

Sweet frame

Is the hole for your thumb?

Good work and have been looking at your stuff for years
Keep up the good work

SS

G3PB
07-08-2004, 01:21 PM
im not a huge fan of the foreward angled trigger, but, other than that looks nice, but i think personally, i would buy one of the cheaper frames befor getting this one, may look at the imp frame though

I did some of the original testing on this frame. If you'll notice as you swing your hand into a 90 degree position, you're fingers naturally turn upward. It's a matter of ergonomics and believe me, if it were not done like this, everything from your trigger finger to your wrists will know it when you try to hammer out a hopper full of paint as fast as you can.....

edit- looked at imp frame, not enough walking room between trigger and huard, thin out the trigger, and make the guard bigger, imp owners are looking for a frame that offers more walking room (what they say is an advantage of aftermarket frames, as taken form PBN, they all want more room to walk)

Well, everyone has an opinion and all are valid points. I know those I've sold this frame to, and many had other aftermarket frames, siad they did prefer this one. It's a case of you have to try it to appreciate it.

Just like everything else on the planet, if everyone had the same tastes, there would only be one of everything made since we wouold not require choices. His frames are not for all, but they are definitely for some.

decimator4
07-08-2004, 01:35 PM
I love it! If I had money, and was gonna buy a vert frame, i would buy that one... if that means anything...

Chronobreak
07-08-2004, 01:44 PM
yeah all three of the vert 90* frames so far have pretty distict looks that separate them ex yours i say as others have make it basicaly ahve all the features as a standard mag frame ie safety, intellifeed compatible, btw i also like the fact it takes normal 45 grips

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 01:46 PM
If I only make 10 the frame price would almost double. We are setup to run high volume production parts and setup takes awhile so it is more cost effective to make 100 for a small run.

The hole is for looks. It is there to "break up" the area behind the trigger so it doesn't look bulky.

SpecialBlend2786
07-08-2004, 01:47 PM
That looks amazing. I really hope it makes it to production.

So many choices now for mags, its a wonderful thing :clap:

luke
07-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Looks good, but of the 3 it's not my favorite. I say go for it!

TheTramp
07-08-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of 90* frames but yours has changed my opinion.

I don't know how you do it but you've somehow made a 90* frame that fools my eyes into thinking it's just a cool shaped 45*.

Perhaps it's the way the trigger guard and forward angled trigger work or perhaps it's it's the grips but in the end....who cares it looks SWEET!!!

I hope you make one of these that looks like the cocker version for Mags!

Cryer
07-08-2004, 02:07 PM
McColor!:

Skoad
07-08-2004, 02:13 PM
need some sticky 3's on there

logamus
07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
cryer, for the sake of all humanity, will you please put a foregrip on those mags!!!!! :p

RES=Mr.Green
07-08-2004, 02:19 PM
First off, Welcome Jackal.

I must say if your products for AGD are half as good as the ones you've produce for the Cocker's and other markers. You won't have any problems selling your merchandise here. Because TK is known for his Quality, Style and Durability. And I must say your's posess the same qualities. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what else you can offer to the AGD family.

By the way this would definatly be a nice frame for the Deadlywind hair trigger. (That new look everyone's been wanting for the MAGs.)

FooTemps
07-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Wow, those look pretty impressive... Too bad I already bought an ergo grip. I'd be alll over those if I didn't.

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 03:06 PM
We are going to make these babies. The frame will have a safty. It shouldn't take too long to get them done. The will be available in black and chrome.

We will be taking preorders. It will require a $20 deposit. Email me directly to get on the list. My email is jeremy@jackalmachine.com

tony3
07-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Just an idea, maybe you should consider making a 45 frame. The only one out their is the intelliframe, even though it is nice, you could spice up the looks, put a different trigger, and maybe add a dovetail mount to it. Just an idea...

Cryer
07-08-2004, 03:21 PM
We are going to make these babies. The frame will have a safty. It shouldn't take too long to get them done. The will be available in black and chrome.

We will be taking preorders. It will require a $20 deposit. Email me directly to get on the list. My email is jeremy@jackalmachine.com

I'm not sure if it would be feasible in your case, but one thing that a good number of manufacturers have done (I.e. RogueFactor, CoolHand, et al) is offer a Raw, unanoed option due to the Automag's inherent customizability. Many people buy what parts they want and immediately ship it all off to ano houses.

Just a thought. ;)

MicroMiniMe
07-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Just an idea, maybe you should consider making a 45 frame. The only one out their is the intelliframe, even though it is nice, you could spice up the looks, put a different trigger, and maybe add a dovetail mount to it. Just an idea...
Or go with the built-in snatch grip option.

But this 90* doesn't bother me as much as the others so far. The grips break up the long dong look of spaceframes.

...And Cryer, PS a nice matching 15* ASA adapter in their for Pete's sake.

:headbang:

Cryer
07-08-2004, 03:46 PM
...And Cryer, PS a nice matching 15* ASA adapter in their for Pete's sake.

cryer, for the sake of all humanity, will you please put a foregrip on those mags!!!!!

:D

Interesting:

Usually, when accompanying vert frames, 15* foregrips seem awkward or out of place, but with this particular application, it almost looks wrong not to have an angled foregrip...

Linkwarner
07-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I want, I want, I want badly, must get one later, No credit card to preorder one. But better late then never Welcome to AO! oh and to answer your question YEA!

SteelSoul
07-08-2004, 04:10 PM
You will have emial with my info in like 4 hours :)

WAHOOO

MicroMiniMe
07-08-2004, 04:17 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73622&stc=1
Is that an AKA Sidewinder? :argh: maybe something more milled like a system X expansion chamber or CP mini.
Hehe, Cryer, Patron Saint of PS. :hail:

I think the 15* works because the Jackal trigger is about as far forward as the Y-grip trigger angle.
Regardless looking better and better thanks to Cryer.

GT
07-08-2004, 04:27 PM

let me add my 2c's. can you make sure that it has all points of trigger adjustment? pre, post?

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Okay new question. To chrome or not to chrome. Probably not for the first run but after that would colours be better? Yes, you can get in raw no problem. Also, our 15* ASA is on the board.....it will have the same great look as our worrgy ASA's but for a mag.

Cryer
07-08-2004, 04:34 PM
personally, I'm not a fan of chrome...

It seems as tho there are enough people out there to warrant such a venture. Perhaps the folks at AGD could give you some info on how many black vs chrome frames they usually sell.

Is that an AKA Sidewinder?
hehe yeah...
I was looking at in immortal vik in another window when I read where everyone wants a foregrip. :ninja:

G3PB
07-08-2004, 04:56 PM
My idea is to use a lever/thumb safety and an indention in the rear of the trigger to more securely remove slop from the rod.....along with a stop screw, of course. Maybe some aluminum grips similar to the ones Kapp makes/made that will fit the frame contours....

Fred
07-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Nickel Plate / Chrome = GOOD!

Nobody else is offering it yet... :rolleyes:

---Fred

Cool fool!
07-08-2004, 05:39 PM
where can i buy????????? i wanna buy!!
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

SUPPORT THE U.S. ECONOMY!!!!!!! BUY BUY BUY!!!!! :D

Smoke
07-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Jackal, I'm wondering if it is possible to mod the frame so that I can put a stop screw in it. If that's not an option you would do, I could easily do it myself.

And by the way, $109.95 MSRP?!?!!? That's a freakin' deal right there! Logic's is $130 and so is Rogue's.
:wow: For that price, I'm definatly going to pick one up!

Skoad
07-08-2004, 05:56 PM
its better to have the stop screw in the trigger.....just so you don't need to take the grip off to adjust it, unless you drill a hole through the back of the frame like cocker hinge frames.

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 05:58 PM
cool fool:
You have to email me to get on the preorder list. The are not available yet.

The frame will have a trigger stop that will be externally adjustable.

VC8228
07-08-2004, 06:02 PM
So...... to preoreder these we pay $20 now, and then the other $90 later, correct? How many are you making in the first batch??? Also, if we order one of these now how long will it take before the things are shipped out?

Smoke
07-08-2004, 06:07 PM
cool fool:

The frame will have a trigger stop that will be externally adjustable.

Sweetness. I'll send you an email then.
:clap:

Smoke
07-08-2004, 06:12 PM
By the way, how do you take payments? Do you use Paypal, or do you do it another way?

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Yes, pay $20 now and $90 later. We are looking at making about 50 or so to start and see where they go. Probably 25 black, 20 chrome, and 5 raw and see what we need to do for the next run. It will be about 5-6 weeks before we are ready to start shipping them.

Paypal is perfect for me so just let me know if you want to preorder.

VC8228
07-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I might be able to do paypal, not sure. Could I pay with a MO or are you only accepting paypal?

Smoke
07-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Email's away.

Jackal_Machine
07-08-2004, 09:33 PM
You can pay however you want. I have no preference. I am just happy to get to do this.

louie
07-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Jeremy, do you have any designs in mind for mag bodies? Or are you going to concentrate on accessories first?

punkncat
07-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes, pay $20 now and $90 later. We are looking at making about 50 or so to start and see where they go. Probably 25 black, 20 chrome, and 5 raw and see what we need to do for the next run. It will be about 5-6 weeks before we are ready to start shipping them.

Paypal is perfect for me so just let me know if you want to preorder.

I find it quite impressive that you are talking about a faster turnaround from idea to delivery than (other) custom shops past prototype stage. Long waits are the norm on custom parts , but if you can actually provide a turnaround time that quick now , once production actually gets rolling ....

You should be able to get a good foot in the door like that.

VC8228
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I find it quite impressive that you are talking about a faster turnaround from idea to delivery than (other) custom shops past prototype stage. Long waits are the norm on custom parts , but if you can actually provide a turnaround time that quick now , once production actually gets rolling ....

You should be able to get a good foot in the door like that.

The thing though is that all they are doing is converting the frame to fit a different marker, they already have the design almost totally worked out.

sneakyhacker420
07-09-2004, 08:16 AM
i could care less whether or not it has a safety, but as long as it has a set screw for post-travel adjustment, i'm sold!

and btw, that trigger is sexalicious! i'd want the trigger alone for any trigger frame already out

Jackal_Machine
07-09-2004, 10:00 AM
We don't have to do much designing on the frame. We have everything we need. We have one machine dedicated to rnning nothing but frames so it is farily simple for us to get a project going. The only delay would come from the platers. We are talking about making it intella capable and that may take a couple days to adapt over but still not a problem.

I did not mention but the if you paypal you need to paypal to info@jackalmachine.com

EDIT: Sorry for this one. Yes louie, we are working on mag bodies. I have a few designs I am throwing around right now but I will only come out with one at first then I will add to that.

logicmag19
07-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Will this increase your ROF any or is it the same as any other mech. frame? I think they look amazing and want to preorder one! But have to ask parents first*

Skoad
07-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Jackal, can you do custom work to the frames? Like if I were to send drawings, measurements, etc. could they be incorporated into the frame? It has nothing to do with the overall apearance, just maybe some access metal inside the gripframe like the intellihookup.

Thinking about working on a project, so I may need some extra screwholes in some places :)

Jackal_Machine
07-09-2004, 11:25 AM
The frame itself can't possibly increase your rate of fire. What this frame does is, alow you to fire faster, easier, with less fatigue. By moving the grip forward it places your wrist in a more natural position that alows for faster finger work if you hold it correctly.

Sorry but no custom work on the frames. They are production work and to do a custom would be like making one frame totally from scratch.....5 times the price.

Skoad
07-09-2004, 11:43 AM
ok just wondering. I'll just have to bust out the dremel and maybe have someone who can weld alum work on it :)

Jackal_Machine
07-09-2004, 12:06 PM
What are you wanting to do to it?

chasden
07-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Just pre-ordered the Jackel frame. :dance: Those frames look HOT, and with trigger stop, it's exactly what I wanted.

Too bad Logic couldn't get it together (I was getting tired of hearing about his production problems): I would have gladly bought one of his frames if any were ever available. And Rogue's frame is pretty nice too, but doesn't offer the trigger stop...

BruzedUp
07-09-2004, 12:17 PM
awsome frame
no saftey i mean half the cocker world leaves their saftey out and they do fine
it will also probebly make them cost a little more with it added
i love the frame

The Frymarker
07-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Welcome to AO!!!

Bolter
07-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Welcome to AO!! Your frame is very nice man! If you make an E version (SP allowing) let us know a.s.a.p!

Furby
07-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Not that my word carries much weight around here, but I've known Terry and Jeremy both for several years, and they're an exception to the rule in the industry...they do what they say they're going to do, and they don't screw people.

Terry and Jeremy are also the guys that taught me autocockers...and they're cool to boot!

Thank God they finally got over the whole PBN thing...jeez!

Ada Bita BdC
07-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Damn, those frames look soooooo nice. Im for sure going to buy one. I dont have paypal so i'll have to send MO. Whats your e-mail again, so i can preorder one? Also how long is the wait now for these frames?

Jackal_Machine
07-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Damn, those frames look soooooo nice. Im for sure going to buy one. I dont have paypal so i'll have to send MO. Whats your e-mail again, so i can preorder one? Also how long is the wait now for these frames?

jeremy@jackalmachine.com

5-6 weeks production time. The only delay can come from the platers but they usually are pretty good about getting things done.

RetroEclipseMan
07-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Man, these things look killer. If you guys didn't already have a solid design I'd suggest incorporating some kind of snatch grip that would go to the end of the back of the rail simimlar to the way the alias timmy frames look, something simple. But seeing as how that would probably drive the cost up and force a little redesign I'll just shut up now, lol. I'm guessing that $110 is for the frame only and we just have to supply our own grips? Either way it's an awsome price. Just might have convinced me to get one to hold me over until the hair trigger comes out.

Smoke
07-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Alright Jackal, my $20 is away!

Black vert frame here I come!

In 5 to 6 weeks of course. :headbang:

Carbon
07-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Jackal, expand your Mag item line by milling custom bodies?

I love your RDL body, i didnt think cocker bodies could get more elegant until i saw thre RDL. There is a high degree of class and subtle style goin on with that body. Functional too in terms of weight saving.

It would be cool to see you do the same to the mag body and raill, almost an "RDL Mag" if you will. I understand the current ULE is as close to minimal as it gets. I im curious to see what you can come up with.

Jackal_Machine
07-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Just wait. We have a few things in mind.

minimag03
07-09-2004, 10:48 PM
If we paypal you the $20 for the frame, but then we decide that we don't want it will you refund it? Will the frame come with grip?

Thanks,
minimag03

chasden
07-11-2004, 10:45 AM
While I'm not quite the photoshop jockey that Cryer is, here's what I think my Dallara mag will look like with the Jackel trigger frame...

RES=Mr.Green
07-11-2004, 01:51 PM
WOW that is sweet with the jackal frame on it. Nice job with the photo shop too.

Ratzo
07-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Sweet looking frame.
Now my MicroMag has an even harder decison to make.
And welcome to AO.

JimmyBeam
07-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Just wait. We have a few things in mind.

right on!!!

Jackal_Machine
07-12-2004, 10:19 AM
I will refund your money if you change your mind. I have several paid preorders already and I am sure I would not have a problem selling the frame that you preorder.

Jackal_Machine
07-12-2004, 10:48 PM
What do you guys think about making aluminum grip panels for the frames?

sneakyhacker420
07-12-2004, 10:55 PM
how about making some aluminum molds for rubber grips for the frames

IMO, i truly wouldn;t buy aluminum grip panels

i don't care much about the softness of a grip, but what its called is what matters to me, it needs to be grippy, and aluminum isnt grippy

Jackal_Machine
07-12-2004, 11:58 PM
how about making some aluminum molds for rubber grips for the frames

IMO, i truly wouldn;t buy aluminum grip panels

i don't care much about the softness of a grip, but what its called is what matters to me, it needs to be grippy, and aluminum isnt grippy

You really don't grip it anyway, but I do get your point. The reason we havn't molded grips is plain and simple, choice. We wanted people to be able to choose the style or colour grips they wanted. If we mold somthing specific, they can't.

Cryer
07-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Honestly, I would get a pair of sticky 3's if I were to get this frame.

I've never liked aluminum grips...

minimag03
07-13-2004, 09:52 AM
I think you should include some kind of inexpensive grips with the frame so it will be ready to go when it arrives. If people want to change them to match there marker, them they can.
Oh yeah, I don't think aluminum grips are the best.

minimag03

PS: Will they be matt or shinny black?

JimmyBeam
07-13-2004, 04:51 PM
ya i would get sticky 3's too

Almeister
07-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Are these going to be coming in gloss black?

louie
07-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Most likely gloss black and chrome, like his current frames.

G3PB
07-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Louie is correct, gloss black and chrome .....

mobius
07-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Is the chrome actually chrome, or is it nickel plated? I just ask because alot of people mistakenly call chrome nickel, since they're so similar. This will affect my buying decision, since my gun is mostly nickel, and I'll want it to all match perfectly.

Jackal_Machine
07-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Is the chrome actually chrome, or is it nickel plated? I just ask because alot of people mistakenly call chrome nickel, since they're so similar. This will affect my buying decision, since my gun is mostly nickel, and I'll want it to all match perfectly.

It is real chrome. I havn't done nickle on anything in a few years. Depending on the nickle you have, our chrome wouldn't look bad with it. The chrome we do now looks good with some of our older nickle plated parts. You would just have to look at one and see how it goes with your gun.

$tevo
07-14-2004, 09:49 PM
i think it would be pretty cool, it would be alot better with a safety.
but it might be bad timing with the hair coming out soon..

robdamanii
07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the .45 grips on it.

Other than that, it looks pretty sweet.

automan39
07-15-2004, 06:45 PM
that is really nice. i have never been the fan of the space frame grips. the only thing iffy is the trigger but if i dont like it ill dremel it. :D this is the first vert frame i've actually considered for my mag.

my compliments

VC8228
07-15-2004, 07:18 PM
What do you guys think about making aluminum grip panels for the frames?

I havent seen anybody else really into this idea but i personally think it would be awsome if you made some aluminum panels.

Jackal_Machine
07-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, the grips are still up in the air. I personelly want to do come nice aluminum ones, but I can see where the majority wouldn't like it. The frames are in the works and I will update as I can.

chasden
07-15-2004, 09:18 PM
I'd consider Aluminum grips, but I'd really need to see them...

Jackal_Machine
07-16-2004, 01:24 PM
I think we are just going to forget the aluminum grip idea for now. We are just going to focus on the frame.

minimag03
07-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Do you know if you will have the frames finished by Aug 14?

Thanks,
minimag03

Jackal_Machine
07-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Do you know if you will have the frames finished by Aug 14?

Thanks,
minimag03

I really don't think so. We are fast, but not that fast.

OysterBoy
07-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Wow. I have a stock mag, ordered a level 10. Thats it. And now I'm saving my pennies for this pile of sweetness...150 canadian is awesome, considering Intelliframes often go for 180!!!

Jackal_Machine
07-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Wow. I have a stock mag, ordered a level 10. Thats it. And now I'm saving my pennies for this pile of sweetness...150 canadian is awesome, considering Intelliframes often go for 180!!!

The preorder list is still growing and all is looking good at this point. Thanks for all the great feedback!

Cryer
07-19-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm glad to see you found a favorable market for this frame here :)

minimag03
07-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Will the frame still come with some kind of grips?

Thanks,
minimag03

Jackal_Machine
07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Will the frame still come with some kind of grips?

Thanks,
minimag03

The frames don't come with grips. We talked about doing a custom aluminum panel grip but the feedback on that changed our minds.

chasden
07-29-2004, 09:05 PM
What's the current target date for getting these bad boys into the hands of the folks that pre-ordered them (such as myself)? Just curious...

Smoke
07-30-2004, 03:38 PM
What's the current target date for getting these bad boys into the hands of the folks that pre-ordered them (such as myself)? Just curious...

I can't wait either.

Jackal_Machine
08-02-2004, 11:00 AM
I will post the Solid Works drawing in a day or two and by the end of this week we should have a proto frame to make sure they work right, and then next week will be production and off to anodizing.

VC8228
08-05-2004, 05:19 PM
so are we lookin at 3 weeks-ish till we get these frames.

Jackal_Machine
08-05-2004, 05:48 PM
so are we lookin at 3 weeks-ish till we get these frames.

If everything stays on track. I didn't get the drawing up yet but I will soon.

RingOfScale
08-06-2004, 02:22 AM
looks nice, and cheaper then the logic and rogue, but i do like the looks of the logic a bit more <>tough decision if i was buying a vert frame for a mag i dont have

dyeguy65
08-06-2004, 01:06 PM
This makes me regret givin up my mag :cry:

At least they have the frame for cockers! Welcome to AO btw. Ive been looking at your cocker parts for sometime now and im planning on buying in the near future.

This frame may just persuade me to pick up another mag :bounce:

DG

Prezents
08-07-2004, 12:07 PM
This would be yet another great aftermarket frame to add to the line!!!!!
Very sleek Glad to see a different view. :cheers:

DiSoRdeR
08-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Alot of choices for frames now :clap: Cant wait to see pics of it :headbang:

VC8228
08-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Ya' never posted the drawings of it. Also, why didn't you post this in the dealer forum?

Chronobreak
08-15-2004, 09:35 PM
cause he doenst have a product yet he was seeing if mag users were interested and how the product coming along? :ninja:

MindJob
08-15-2004, 09:54 PM
I shot the Jackal cocker frame at AO NJ day 4 on my friend's gun, and it rips. When Jeremy comes out witht he one for the mag put me down for one, and one for my cocker too.

VC8228
08-15-2004, 10:13 PM
cause he doenst have a product yet he was seeing if mag users were interested and how the product coming along? :ninja:

I know that he put it in here first, but I don't know why he didnt put it there after he decided that he WAS going to sell it, also I said that just as an excuse to bump this.

Jackal_Machine
08-17-2004, 10:14 AM
My programer had a family emergency and had to leave town for a few days. We should be able to get caught up here in the next couple days. I had him work on it until midnight last night so he is working twice as hard to make up for it.

I thought I did post in the dealer forum but I guess not. When they are finished, I will.

Smoke
08-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Any word yet?

Xernex
08-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Jeremy

I'd really love to get my hands on a Jackal 90* for my Mag project. I dont know if you remember but I actually talked with you through email about my Karnivor cocker, and how I always wanted something with Jackal on it since i've been a customer of your dad's for so long. Definitally count 1 sold to me if you make them.

VC8228
08-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Just wondering if we could have an update on the progress of these frames. Thanks.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Id also like to know whats up with this frame. I was gonna buy an rgp frame but if these look nice i might try one out.

mobius
08-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah, any new info?

VC8228
08-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Sorry to keep buggin' you abut these frames, but I was just wondering where we are on the progress of the frames.

Jackal_Machine
08-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Sorry it tool so long for me to get back to this. We are still doing some testing. I didn't like the way the frame turned out so rather than releasing something that I was not happy with a doing a version 2 a few weeeks later, I decided the take a little extra time and smooth it out. The frame would have worked no matter what but I had some issues with it and most of you know I won't release a product I am not happy with.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-31-2004, 11:13 AM
The frame would have worked no matter what but I had some issues with it and most of you know I won't release a product I am not happy with.

Just for that, I'll be buying one of your frames no matter what. I love seeing people like you taking your time to make a product for us that we will love. If this is as good as your other frames, I can definately wait, or can i?

Jackal_Machine
08-31-2004, 12:45 PM
Just for that, I'll be buying one of your frames no matter what. I love seeing people like you taking your time to make a product for us that we will love. If this is as good as your other frames, I can definately wait, or can i?

It will be just as good as our other frames. The cocker frame turned out great the first time so it went quick and easy. The Impulse frame went through a couple prototypes because I didn't like the first one or the second one. I hope the second mag frame will be exactly right. When one little thing is changed sometimes something else needs to be changed and it is easier for me to tell what needs to be done after it is made. That's why it is taking so long.

SteelSoul
08-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Take your time buddy
Perfection isnt something you just do over night

Thanks for you hard work and effort

chasden
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
I pre-ordered one of these frames and I while I'm disappointed in having to wait longer to get my hands on it, I respect your decision to make it right. Keep us posted!

Jackal_Machine
09-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks for being understanding. I too hate that we have to wait longer but I want to be sure that I release a quality product free from any bugs. I too want one of these on my mag so I am waiting just as much as the next guy. I just get first hand info about what's wrong with the frame and what needs to be changed.

Ratzo
09-10-2004, 12:07 AM
I am so glad you are being thourogh with the creation of this frame.
But, man I can't wait for everything to get straightened out.

VC8228
09-11-2004, 12:32 PM
I am so glad you are being thourogh with the creation of this frame.
But, man I can't wait for everything to get straightened out.

Couldn't have said it any bettter.

felony
09-11-2004, 03:02 PM
nice lookin, the more 90* the merrier :0

Smoke
09-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Couldn't have said it any bettter.

Ditto. Still waiting......

VC8228
09-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Just wondering what progress has been made. I can't help myself from asking.

StygShore
09-24-2004, 11:46 PM
Well.... no updates for a couple of weeks, design change must have been pretty severe...

Keep us posted

Styg

VC8228
09-25-2004, 07:56 PM
I emailed him this past Tuesday asking how the frame was going and got this in response:

I can't tell you anything at this point.

Jackal Machine

Smoke
09-25-2004, 07:59 PM
I emailed him this past Tuesday asking how the frame was going and got this in response:

That's why I'm thinking of asking for my money back.

Jackal_Machine
09-27-2004, 09:59 AM
It is not really that we made some major design changes, but that we can't get them into a prototype. The machine used to make the frames was tied up for a large production run that took a couple weeks. That was last week. I don't have a prototype because the machine operater had his head somewhere is shouldn't have been and and slammed the machining head into one of the "tombsotnes". Now the machine is down. Unfortunately this is the one product that had to take longer than normal. It is because I took pre-orders on it. I am cursed by the pre-order gods so anyone who wants to wait I will give you a better price and anyone who wants their deposit back email me.

SteelSoul
09-27-2004, 11:29 AM
You know what
I have my pre-order almost all the way paid for and I will pay the 90 bucks you asked for
what to know the reason why?
You are working hard on getting stuff done and I know all about wanting to get something done and a server going down or a super mill like you have. Take you time bud, make a kick azz product casue quailty takes time and I dont want a POS

Thanks for working on a kick butt frame

SS

StygShore
10-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Any word or updates? Outdoor season is nearing end here in Michigan, and wanted to show the new fraeme off at my regular field if at all possible.

How much are the design plans changing?

Styg

Jackal_Machine
10-08-2004, 10:26 AM
It's has come down to getting the machine fixed and catching up. The machine won't be fixed for a bit longer and once it is all the production has to be caught up, then we can move on to new stuff. It's a bad deal I know but sometimes these things happen. I wanted them done 3 weeks ago but......

thorn
10-19-2004, 09:25 PM
so how much longer?

chasden
10-27-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm sitting on the fence about waiting much longer. What kind of "better price" did you have in mind?

G3PB
10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Guys, there is no predicting when the machine will be up and running again. In other words, don't hold your breath. Jeremy as said that if anyone wants their deposits back, no problem.

We're contemplating and are busy in the research phase of possibly manufacturing a "real" firearm. Something we have both been wanting to do for some time now. Considering what production costs are these days, I still can't figure out why most top of the line firearms cost less than a decent paintball gun :)

SummaryJudgement
10-27-2004, 01:55 PM
WOW! Yeah, as much as I look the likes of Rogue's 90 degree and theLogic frames, I think that would look great with my karta body. Maybe I'd get rid of my y-grip if I could buy that Jackel. Sweet.... :clap:

SteelSoul
11-07-2004, 04:19 PM
ok 10 days from the last post

Any word?

SS

Chronobreak
12-22-2004, 11:21 AM
up.... should we giveup now.. :ninja:

thorn
12-22-2004, 11:43 AM
probably. all these frames and stuff has taken so long for someone to get one out that i had waited patiently over summer and the first semester, and now ive given up and am buying a freestyle.