PDA

View Full Version : intalling the splash body rail>??

jah871
10-16-2001, 02:30 PM
i bought a palnet ecplipse splash kit and when i was putting it on there is one part i can get out of the rial. it is the twist lock assembly. i cant get this out. any help would be greta

Xzion
10-16-2001, 08:08 PM
Im presuming your trying to get the assembly out of your original rail?? Id suggest you just buy a new 'twist lock assembly' from AGD, think the whole thing is like 8 bucks, take the male end of a quick disconnect and settel the tip over the barrel lock nubbin, support the rail on either sides, so the assembly can come out the bottom, put it under a press or something, I used a benchvice since I dont have a press and push the assembly in, it will be a tight fit, and the top of the brass portion of the assembly should be flush with the rail. That way you'll have two rails ready to go, never know when you might need the other one.

Miscue
10-16-2001, 08:15 PM
It should come out if you work at it. Just get something to hold onto it real good... like plyers. Use some kinda shims or something so the teeth don't chew it up.

alf
10-16-2001, 09:07 PM
if you get a big enough punch, you can punch it out the back

TAP it lightly till it starts to come out...then you can probably wiggle it out...

jah871
10-17-2001, 01:31 PM
i still cant get it, im gobnna call for a new one

Xzion
10-17-2001, 06:21 PM
Buying a new one?? good idea! now why didn't I think of that lol! I know from experience, its much easier to buy a new one than to tap out the old one, goodluck! :D