PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about air fills at this years event?

DogHouseDan
07-08-2004, 04:02 PM
What about air fills? In Shatnerball 1 they were pitiful at around 1800 to 2400 if you were lucky. Is Tom going to address this and how?

What brand of paint will be available at 75.00 a case?

Thank you to anyone who can provide this information.

deathstalker
07-08-2004, 05:10 PM
From www.celebritypaintball.com:
"The facility had problems supplying paint and air fills for SPPLAT Attack. The big difference this year is that the Celebrity Paintball Team - led by Tom Kaye and Patrick “Pacman” McKinnon - has leased the property from CPX for the weekend. We will have complete control and this event will be treated like a big, national tournament. There will be additional tournament air fill systems brought in for the weekend and all the major paint manufacturers will be selling event paint out of their trailers. "

3000 psi air fills will be provided free with the entry fee. 4500 psi air
fills will be available separately for a small all day fee."

The whole "charge extra for 4500" is new. I'll have to see if I can shoot all the paint I can carry with a 3k fill. Haven't seen anything on brands of paint yet.

AutomagRT1483
07-08-2004, 06:29 PM
From www.celebritypaintball.com:
4500 psi air
fills will be available separately for a small all day fee."

Im sorry, but thats just bs. EMR had no problem punching to 4500. And if CPX is getting air in, there is no reason we should have to pay extra just for 4500 fills.

DogHouseDan
07-09-2004, 04:53 PM
This is why I asked, because CPX currently does fills to 4500 with no added cost (booster).
But the lines get long.

I would really like to see details on what "added" fill stations are in the works.

As for paint vendors, I hope it's more then Brass Eagle. I have not seen a list of "vendors"; all I have heard is the same things posted so fare. I have heard nothing but general statements and no details. The Devil is in the details and I hope the Devil is not Brass Eagle leading Tom down the path or low air and poor paint quality.

Who actually is supplying the air and who are the actual paint vendors to be at the event? Considering it’s not far off, this should have already been planned out. Saying “who” would put a lot of players more at ease with playing at CPX again. (Considering the first Shatnerball difficulties)

Muzikman
07-10-2004, 08:35 PM
I don't think Tom would let the same mistakes that happened at Shatnerball 1 to happen this year. Trust me, Tom was upset the first year as well. He is promoting and playing this event, I don't think he wants to be annoyed by his own mistakes. I'd not worry about why you have to pay extra for 4500 or exactly what brand of paint will be available...just COME!

MXS
07-11-2004, 05:05 PM
There will be multiple paint vendors. At this time, there are 3 signed up to supply paint:
PMI
Tippmann
Zap

Tom is talking with Air America to supplement the air concession.

p8ntballsteve
09-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Tom is talking with Air America to supplement the air concession.

I think it's important to know that the air vendor isn't the one charging extra for 4500 fills, they are simply filling tanks that they are told to.

MXS
09-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Confirmed today: All air day of the game will be at no charge to the players.
CPX will fill CO2 and up 3000 hpa; Air America will take the 4500 fills.

And the crowds rejoiced.

SeeK
09-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Confirmed today: All air day of the game will be at no charge to the players.
CPX will fill CO2 and up 3000 hpa; Air America will take the 4500 fills.

And the crowds rejoiced.

The crowds will rejoice after somebody checks that the water filter is not full and that they top off their cascade system every night. The early morning fills were killer if you weren't fortunate enough to fill the day before.

How is that going to work since Sat is a field day and Sunday is event? Do we just show our registration materials?

AGD
09-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Air America is going to use tubber trucks which are multi-tanks on a trailer pre-filled to 3000 psi. They will be using their pumps to boost the pressure. If the trailers show up there is no way you won't have air.

AGD

SeeK
09-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Air America is going to use tubber trucks which are multi-tanks on a trailer pre-filled to 3000 psi. They will be using their pumps to boost the pressure. If the trailers show up there is no way you won't have air.

AGD

You know that if this were a Battle of the Bulge scenario we could place the 4500 fills in the field as an objective like the fuel depots were in WWII.

Neongene
09-02-2004, 04:04 AM
There will be multiple paint vendors. At this time, there are 3 signed up to supply paint:
PMI
Tippmann
Zap

Awesome I'm a tippmann man all the way, I'm guessing that Zap will be selling the cheaper variety of paint.

tasker89
09-02-2004, 09:09 AM
CenterFlag Paintball Products has been distributing ZAP paint throughout Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan. We will be present at the event selling paints in all 3 grades.
Primer @ $70.00
Tork @ $80.00
Chronic @ $90.00

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!

jknospe
09-04-2004, 05:26 PM
He had BOC drop a trailer in the middle of the court yard. Four boosters hooked up to it... so gas should not be a problem. I'm hoping he has Amoco drop a trailer too ;)

AGDlover
09-04-2004, 07:10 PM
ok if you go to the shead at the event where some fills are if you have a flatline tank use #4 all the way on the end. i don't know why but the other ones don't like flatlines but also AA is there too