PDA

View Full Version : Modular Breech V2 (Idea)

OysterBoy
07-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey, we all know that AGDE has the patents for the X-Mags body/Modular Breech. This is a let down because AGD can't make the bodys which in the end just messes us all up. I thought of this, don't know if it's any good but, I think its a decent solution:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewimage.asp?id_=9235156
(Insert fancy milling and stuff..)

Basically, the vert feed neck is threaded onto a knobby metal bit, which is in turn threaded into the body. The detent is threaded in a metal knobby, same size and thread as the neck-knobby, which is threaded into the gun. Therefore, they can be swapped, allowing vert feed as well as warp-feed. The pictures may not work, if they don't then I'd be happy to email the pictures to someone with a host and wouldn't mind. Thanks...

WenULiVeUdiE
07-08-2004, 05:53 PM
You need a username and password to view the page.

You vertainly like the word knobby.

OysterBoy
07-08-2004, 05:56 PM
LOL, why yes I do :)

I'm workin on getting the link to work

Here its in there:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=758394

Skoad
07-08-2004, 06:00 PM
so your saying a body, with 3 holes for vert, left, and right warp. Then 3 donut shaped plugs for those holes each with a detent in the middle.

???

i don't follow your description very well.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Sounds like a good idea. So bascially you have a completely removable feed neck as well as detent. They both have the same holes and can be switched places. Sounds like a good idea.

ryanshep
07-08-2004, 06:25 PM
i agree this does sound like an interesting idea...

FooTemps
07-08-2004, 06:39 PM
someone should try this... FOR A TAC ONE!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Duck Hunt
07-08-2004, 07:01 PM
GOOD THINKING! I remember somewhere Tom saying they couldn't put a side detent on a warp body for some reason. Someone get a prototype of this!! Hehehe

Sean

OysterBoy
07-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Wonder what TK thinks..

Meph
07-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Just a quick idea tossed in.

http://www.boomspeed.com/meph2001/MagBreech.JPG

Might not be to spec but more for demonstration to get the idea across. Something could be done simple and effective. Or if this might piss off WDP (depends if they have certain rights to this breech concept) then have it instead 2 pull pins on either side, and the breech completely is removed. Rather than just swinging over.

OysterBoy
07-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Several ways this could be done. For example, You could probably use the same method of hopper placement as the mayhem, unless they have a patent one it.. The body is 3 pieces, a front piece with cocker barrel threa, a middle with the neck, and a back with the valve. And of course, the front and back could be combined. I just like the screw in dealy idea because I know its original..

WenULiVeUdiE
07-08-2004, 09:11 PM
If you wanted to go thru with this idea, the body would need three of these holes or w/e you would like to call them. One on the left, right, and center. This way anywhere you put the feed you can have the detent in the correct place, on a 90* angle from the feed. Any time you have it left or right feed, have the detent on the top. Any time you have it vert feed, you can place the detent on either side, or both sides. To have it both sides, you would need to be able to take out the detent.

OysterBoy
07-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Added a new photo(chop) of what could be... :headbang:

Muzikman
07-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I never liked the modular idea. I say if you want to change from warp to center, just change bodies. Yeah, it might be a bit more expensive for you, but for as easy as it is to change a body on the mag, is it that big of a deal? Besides, how offten does one change from warp to vert? I do think there needs to be a warp version of the Tac-one and that Tom needs to think about the trapdoor loading again. I think this was a great idea for the warp.

sneakyhacker420
07-09-2004, 01:55 PM
i have to agree with musik, the modular breech was nothing but a hassle for me, always wiggling and coming off-center and causing the LX to jam up when it rubs against the side of the breech

its a good idea, but not one of the most practical ones ever created

but the thing with the warp is either you hate it, or you love it, thus why you have a vert body or a warp body, no need for modular breeches

plus a warp tac-one would be pure sex

OysterBoy
07-09-2004, 05:50 PM
I agree as well. But if the option were opened up for AGD, doesnt it make sense? I remember one of the reasons they stopped making the X-Mags was because only AGDE could make the bodys (patent). If they used their own body design, theoretically they could continue to sell them. But, of course, there are many reasons for discontinuing the XMag. Not only that but people seem to like the Integrated rail/body design; this is one possibility. And finally, for the people who dont have wads of cash for two bodys, here it is. Well, here it could be. lol.

Muzikman
07-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I agree as well. But if the option were opened up for AGD, doesnt it make sense? I remember one of the reasons they stopped making the X-Mags was because only AGDE could make the bodys (patent). If they used their own body design, theoretically they could continue to sell them. But, of course, there are many reasons for discontinuing the XMag. Not only that but people seem to like the Integrated rail/body design; this is one possibility. And finally, for the people who dont have wads of cash for two bodys, here it is. Well, here it could be. lol.

Well, if AGDE never developd the Xmag, AGD would have never had a modular body. It was not Tom's idea, it's was Sosta's. So I don't think you'll see Tom jumping on a modular idea.