PDA

View Full Version : mini mag with some problems

dynastyfan
07-09-2004, 09:50 AM
ok i have a buddy who is saying that he will sell me his old mini mag, but the thing is theres alot of stuff wrong with it. when i asked him what it was doing he said that the first problem it has was it would fire 3 or 4 times after he pulled the trigger once. then he said that a few months later he said that when he aired it up it would hiss and pop every minute or so.now he said that if i give him my spyder and 100 bucks, he will give me the mini mag and a nitro duck tank. so i just wanted to know what could be wrong with it, i think that theres a seal or something in the valve thats gone bad or something. so if you guys could help me with this problem that would be great.

logicmag19
07-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Ask him what upgrades he has on it. The firing 3-4 times might be because of too many shims on the on/off. Hisses and leaks might be from broken o-rings. If I missed anything I'll edit my post.

Skoad
07-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Here's what you do. If its got a normal minimag valve n such, just do the trade. Once you get it send it off to AGD and they fix everything for only shipping cost.

dynastyfan
07-09-2004, 01:36 PM
alright thanks well when he got it he wanted a z grip but then he got sick of it and traded it in for a standard 45 with a pro mark blade trigger i think thats the name of it

dynastyfan
07-10-2004, 02:31 PM
ok i just went and gased it up and dry fiered it and every time i would pull the trigger it would burp and then i would wait about 5 seconds then it would pop and the bolt would move forward about half way and then reset so i hope that helps you guys some more

toymyster
07-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Sounds like your on/off top is on backwards!! Just get yourself an o-ring kit, take the valve apart completely, clean, oil, and reassemble with the new o-rings!!! Really simple, and should take care of the problem(s)!!!

dynastyfan
07-10-2004, 06:06 PM
ohh thanks a crap load dude could you tell me how to take it apart

toymyster
07-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Click on this link:
http://www.airgun.com/Images/automan.pdf
You may wish to print it out!! It's the manual for your gun, just follow the directions and you'll be fine!! Ay questions, just post them!!! Hope this helps!!!

dynastyfan
07-10-2004, 09:24 PM
dude thanks your a life saver

toymyster
07-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Not a problem, pass it on!!!

dynastyfan
07-10-2004, 10:20 PM
yeah man this is my first mag and even thoguh i dont own it yet its pretty much mine so i think this will be the beging of a long time use of mags

toymyster
07-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the world of 'mags!!!

dynastyfan
07-10-2004, 10:50 PM
thank you yet again im gona get a parts kit in a few days when i can get out and about

dynastyfan
07-11-2004, 09:41 PM
ok i just took the on on/off out it looked fione then i unscrewed the valve halfs and noticed that the reg spring is missing!!!! so figured that this is the problem does that sound about right to you guys