PDA

View Full Version : New to timmys, need help plz

$tevo
07-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Ok, so i just got a Alias and i cant figure out why it wont shoot on force. i can only dry fire. i cleaned the eyes, everything is lubed, its running between 50-60. i think it has something to do with the bolt, if you have any suggetions, please post them

steve

Skoad
07-10-2004, 07:24 PM
shoot on force?

$tevo
07-10-2004, 07:28 PM
the gun is made to shoot on force mode..but it does not unless i push the bolt foward myself then pull the trigger

elpimpo
07-10-2004, 07:33 PM
ummm, do you have paint in it while your trying to shoot it in forced. i know that may be a dumb question, but theyre has to be something that breaks the beam of the eye (dont use your finger, it hurts reall bad) and if you just want to shoot it push the bolt forward and pull the trigger 3 times and this will make it so u can shoot

$tevo
07-10-2004, 07:35 PM
yup, i had paint it in..it might be the detents, cause if i dont have a halo in it(but i dont know about it when i do have halo in it) the ball doesnt go all the way down..is there anything i can do about that?

Torbo
07-10-2004, 07:38 PM
do you have an adjustable ram cap? probably not. Get one. if the bolt/ram is too far back, the eyes wont see it because itll be behind them. That is most likely the cause. buy one, and follow the directions that comes with it. An excellent model is made my hybrid.

RRfireblade
07-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Checked all the basics? Eyes connected,aligned and clean?

'F' shows up in the display? Or does it show an '*' indicating an eye problem?

(You don't need and adjustable cap on an Alias,only if for some odd reason your badly misfeeding using a Halo)

$tevo
07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
it starts off with F then it'll show a *

RRfireblade
07-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Most likely your eyes are not aligned. Start by taking of the covers,put a sharp bend in the wire leads so when the wires lay flat,they help force the eyes in the hole. Then take a small square of paper about the size of the eye,lay it on top of the eye and put the covers back on.There should now be a SMALL amount of pressure from the eye cover on the eye.See if that works any better.You must use paint to make sure.

skife
07-10-2004, 07:56 PM
will it shoot in standard semi auto mode?
if it does the quit complaining about it not shooting in "force" mode
maybe its called force mode because you need a force fed hopper to shoot it

elpimpo
07-10-2004, 08:04 PM
actually it will shoot in forced with a old vieloader gravity hopper, and why shouldnt he complain he just dropped a grand+ on a gun, it damn well better work

$tevo
07-10-2004, 08:07 PM
nope..didnt work, i guess ill run to the field really quick, the owner is a timmy tech, so he should be able to do somethin with it. thx for the help, im going to go see if he can help me out, and if he does, ill post up what was wrong with it.

The Action Figure
07-10-2004, 08:10 PM
loosen the detents

$tevo
07-10-2004, 08:11 PM
well now it lets the balls in..but it still doesnt shoot unless i push the bolt foward then pull the trigger, and the star still comes up..so it has to be the eyes right?

RRfireblade
07-10-2004, 08:18 PM
That's not going to help. :rolleyes: (in regards to the detents)

It's almost definately alignment. If they're really stubborn you just have to keep playing with the Eye locations till you get it.They must be clean though.

And to everyone else.......Force IS a semi mode w/ eye support.There are only 2,Force and Delay.

$tevo
07-10-2004, 08:22 PM
rr is correct about both. the modes and it does have to be the allingment. i gotta go get my tank filled before i try anymore.

The Action Figure
07-10-2004, 08:23 PM
sorry when my cocker didnt shoot is was because the detents were too tight :( Im too poor for a timmy

$tevo
07-10-2004, 09:12 PM
well i think the detents were too tight. thats why it wasnt feeding the balls in..but the eyes are also unalligned, thats why it wont shoot :cry:

RRfireblade
07-10-2004, 09:25 PM
The detent issues seems odd.They really shouldn't have any effect on feeding. When the guns cocked,and you look into the feedneck,where's the bolt sitting at rest? Should be like 1/16" or so showing in the breech. If not, unscrew the ram cap and make sure the o-ring on the back of the ram is still there and seated properly.On the ALIAS you really shouldn't need an adjustable cap if everythings set up correctly. But perhps someones been in there 'fixing' stuff. ;)

(You can AIM me if you like)

black_bishop
07-10-2004, 09:39 PM
doesn't the alias come with an adjustable ram cam similar to the hybrid one?

RRfireblade
07-10-2004, 09:44 PM
It's a 'new style' w/ an intregate bumper and blow by valve but it's not adjustable and 'normally' doesn't need to be on 2K4s.

$tevo
07-11-2004, 06:08 PM
ok, i took it to the field, and they got it workin for me..it was all setup for low pressure, and i was running hp. so they got it all setup for hp but it wasnt running as low as it should be, and i had some left over money to spend, so i bought a evil scion to use with it, got it for 350. now im going to have to reset it up for lp

RRfireblade
07-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Interesting.....

I have run both of mine on HP and on LP (input I assume you mean). I've never had to 'setup' anything to switch to the lower input tank.

Strange.....

But...as long as it's working good now,that's all that matters. :)

$tevo
07-11-2004, 06:22 PM
well the guy who had the marker before me was running his at 65, i had to fool around with the reg and stuff and it started to run fine around 90psi

RRfireblade
07-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Your talking about LPR pressure then.

65psi is pretty low, 80-90psi is a good range to run it at, just keep it under 120max and preferably 100psi or less.

All that controls is the movement of the ram/bolt. Too low of a pressure(which some people prefer run for no good reason)will usually have a negative effect on your consistancy.

All you need to do is adjust the LPR to the pressure you'd like it to run and then re-chrono,adjusting the velocity with the HPR(vert reg) and your good to go.

Either way, glad it's working now. I'm guessing you got the eyes aligned then?