PDA

View Full Version : hopperball

Torbo
07-10-2004, 07:21 PM
last night, i was playing 7 man at New York cup. After we had already registered, we realized that we didnt have enough money to buy paint. So we decided to play hopperball. All the other teams were playing regularly. I was playing with a bunch of random people from about 4 teams. It was an open tourney, and we had all novice and rookie players, so we wernt sandbagging. We kinda had a skill advantage. But anyway, we bought 3 cases, for 7 people playing 9 games. We all busted out revvys. Ever seen a revvy on a dm4? its funny. We won all but one game, and played really well. By the last game we were out of paint, so we picked up paint off the field and wiped it off and used that. I played the game with about 20 balls. The team that took second place shot 17 cases. We shot 3.

So i guess theres a moral to the story. Hopperball is really fun. Sometime try it. Its also really good for you, because it forces you to move. You dont have the paint to blast away at someone, you have to get the angle to shoot him. It also proves that it isnt the gun. It doesnt matter how fast you can shoot anymore, because if youre shooting that fast, youll be out of paint in 15 seconds. It shows that it isnt the gun that wins games, its the player. So, it was fun.

Xtraboy
07-10-2004, 07:26 PM
so you guys took 1st shooting only a hopper each game?

Gawd damn, either you guys have some sandbaggers or your really good! (odd... same thing...)

anyways, good jobs guys.

elpimpo
07-10-2004, 07:36 PM
my buddy scott never goes to a pod and genrally has the highest kill count

coolcatpete
07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Yeah we played you guys and we got rolled. we were really sucking and could not work as a team :mad:

elpimpo
07-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah we played you guys and we got rolled. we were really sucking and could not work as a team :mad:

haha you suck. jk man, that was just to hard to pass up

Eskimo Paint Slinger
07-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh so you guys did good? Sorry I didnt make it up to see you guys play :mad:

Sounded fun tho

Automaget
07-10-2004, 09:50 PM
yea whens the last time you saw a team picking paint up off the ground :rofl: thats to good :bounce:

minimag03
07-10-2004, 10:12 PM
That is what people use to do when paint was like $150 per case. I almost nerver use a whole hopper, but I usally play front so...

minimagoe

Maus
07-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Shooting a lot of paint very quickly is a "cool" thing to do. Almost all the time it's a waste.

Xtraboy
07-10-2004, 10:23 PM
i agree...

after today i am vowing to cut down on paint, sometimes when you play back you just have to sling alot though...

wow, team in the finals picking up paint off the ground ROFL that is hilarious!

GotMag?
07-10-2004, 10:25 PM
i've NEVER played with a pack.

sneakyhacker420
07-10-2004, 10:49 PM
hopperball + me = hell

hopperball + pump + me = massive ownage

i am... well, was a snap shooting god with my pump mag, until the damned wave washer decided to break into 4 peices

Setzer
07-10-2004, 10:52 PM
i've NEVER played with a pack.

Same here. I started playing when it cost me about $120 for a case of paint though. I guess its just ingrained now that if I can't win with just a hopper, I couldn't win with a whole case.

2003paintballa
07-10-2004, 10:53 PM
congrats! u did sum serious gunnin there :shooting: and hten won in and did this :dance: than later on after a good day u did :cheers: wich led to :tard: