PDA

View Full Version : Some insight on the field owner's behalf

Carbon
07-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Ive been visiting this website off and on. There is some good info and insight some paintballers as consumers dont see. one particular topic: Paint prices (http://www.paintballforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=16)

and the main page. It not new, but there is a wealth of info for those, whose future endeavors involve paintbal as a source of income. Main page (http://www.paintballforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)

teufelhunden
07-10-2004, 11:02 PM
The font on that page is garbage, not going to read it.

2003paintballa
07-10-2004, 11:08 PM
*** you can get banned for that*** AGD

:D :cool:

Carbon
07-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Shhh the adults are talking, go to your room.

Beemer
07-10-2004, 11:46 PM
First link is dead for me.

Thanks for the 2nd one tho. Hit on a couple good reads :bounce:

Blazestorm
07-10-2004, 11:51 PM
I think that's a bunch of crap.

My friend, is captain of CDR (His name is Cedar) runs his own shop, own field, (He just bought an x-ball field, with a fullsize X and 2 fill stations) and he gets shrapnel (PMI Seconds) for around 20 bucks a case. Shoots just as good as the real stuff too :D

So I dunno, I remember the days of spending 70 on a case, now I can go talk to him and get 4 cases for the same price :p Plus he can order parts for me cheap, (Near what he pays, he ups the price like 5 bucks)

I really doubt field owners are paying 40 a case... :ninja:

Carbon
07-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Blazes - i suppose you would have to account for regional and geographical variables as well as how the individual bussiness operates.

The Spanish Inquisition
07-11-2004, 03:08 AM
It seems to me that much of the problem with high priced paint (where I live) is new upstart fields and stores. Upstarts are going to have a hard time in any business. If you have been in the paintball business for more than 10 years chances are that you have some better connections and will have an easier time. The owner of the field I play at is good friends with Youngblood so his stores are always stacked with Dye Stuff and he is able to sell Dye second paint for about $40 a case.

In any case, if your an owner of a business you should be agressive as hell about getting a good deal on the products you are selling. If you can't negotiate deals that will allow you to profit, without over taxing your customers, move over and let someone else run the business.

Enemy
07-11-2004, 03:35 AM
omg...complaints about paint prices!!! in retro spect the owners have to make some money i mean come on if they didnt make any then why would they do it..also take into account bussiness expenses cuz there are alot.. but the next time you pay alot for paint look at how much they charged you for entry alot of times the fields with low entry have hight paint prices and fields with higher entry fees have lower paint prices!!

Steelrat
07-11-2004, 03:54 AM
Shhh the adults are talking, go to your room.

http://www.sonypictures.com//groups/us/documents/image/gp050112.jpg

Blazestorm
07-11-2004, 04:30 AM
I understand what you're saying, they have to make money to stay in business.

The thing is, they aren't paying 40, unless they're buying from the wrong places, I was talking to my other local field and they said they get most of their paint for 30-40 including stuff like evil and hellfire. But they upped the price 30-40-50 bucks.

Carbon
07-11-2004, 04:47 AM
Ryan LOL!

jesseyo13
07-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Some one said that they charge 120 a case plus 15 to get in plus 8$ per air fill. If that was the only field in my area I would have to quite. Were do they get those prices? My shop only buys 20 cases at a time and he charges 55 for worr premium and 5$ to get in. Thats more like it.

Automaget
07-11-2004, 11:34 AM
im sorry carbon :cry: it wont happen again ;)

ghideon
07-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the linkage, that was an eye opener.

More so into what I'm paying in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. $5 entry? Man, I paid $20 entry yesterday, and it was $12 for all day air (and $5 for a soda, a bag of chips and a hot dog). I did BYOP tho.

Freakin' California.

I will say this. I do like fields that have BYOP, but cut you a break on field fees if you buy the field paint. Just makes sense. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 100% markup on mediocre paint, especially if I'm playing every weekend. I can't support the field at the risk of going broke myself.

<type edit>

Carbon
07-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Automagnet - its chill dude, no worries.

Gideon - yeah California is kinda hardass on bussineses in general. A budy of mine attened a a small entreprenurial/bussines seminar at the local college. The speaker was saying in you could open and run a bussiness in California, you can do it anywhere.