PDA

View Full Version : If you were my neighbor would you get mad......?

Automaget
07-10-2004, 11:26 PM
ok i live on a pretty busy road its a 4 lane road with no mediun only a left turn lane so i guess it would be 5 total its very busy and i live right on the corner and i like to shoot my paintball gun just for fun alot of the time im really good with it i alwas keep the safty on and i never shoot if i can see people in front of me comeing with bikes or just walking i dont really know my neibors that well they pretty much keep to them selvs and just do whatever and i havent recieved a complaint or police call yet (hopefully i never will) but back to my point i just kinda shoot my RT pro at my fence with a house in front of the fence so i guess you could say im shooting at a house with a fence in front of it and the fence is 6 feet tall and i havent hit the persons house yet (i hope) and im really into the whole "dont make paintball a bad thing" so just to reasure my self what should i do keep shooting just plinking around in my back yard becuase either yard i go to has a road with side walk. heres a pic
http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Minotaur/mapimage.gif so just want to know if its ok or not

Setzer
07-10-2004, 11:37 PM
What type of fence is it? If its a chain link fence or somthing similar that paint or even a whole paintball can fly through, then no, its not okay. Otherwise, it'd be a tough call. I'd say your best bet is to just save your gun and paint for the field.

2003paintballa
07-10-2004, 11:40 PM
keep on rippin brotha

tony3
07-10-2004, 11:44 PM
IMO, not worth the hassle, just make a target or get a plywood board and turn it into a target to shoot at. A good thing to do, is buy a tarp and make some kind of thing to hold the tarp with and shoot at that, easy to clean and store.

t33kyboy
07-10-2004, 11:45 PM
As long as you dont shoot it late at night or go over the fence, i wouldnt be mad...

do you live near 8 mile?

TDonovan
07-10-2004, 11:45 PM
My neighbor got pretty angry at me one time for firing off my 98c in the backyard... I have a plyboard cutout of my brother, so I have a lifesize target to shoot at with pine trees and a fence to stop the balls from going anywhere but my yard.

This lady just didn't like the sound or something... It was at about 7 at night and I was just trying out some new parts on my gun.

I stop firing for a second and hear... "STOP IT... JUST (SWEAR)ING STOP IT!"

I laughed, fired off the rest of the paint I brought and went back inside. I didn't have a problem ticking her off seen as how her old (21+) children shoot off bottle rockets and fireworks that often end up in our yard.

Xtraboy
07-10-2004, 11:58 PM
periods?

Automaget
07-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Its just a wooden fence no paintball can get through it and also i dont like to use periods its just one more key i have to type :D

ryanshep
07-11-2004, 12:34 AM
my neighbor got mad at me once cuz maybe i shot a couple paintballs over her fence, and just maybe i hit a horse, so what? lol best thing to do is not chance it IMO

*edit* 200th post yay i feel special! *edit*

minimag03
07-11-2004, 12:49 AM
As long as the fence is not a neighbors and you haven't hit anything, I guess it is ok. I personally made a tagert out of plywood (sp?). it is safer and you can spaypaint a bullseye on it.

minimag03

PS:you neighbor might not have dont anything yet because you have a "gun" j/k

Duck Hunt
07-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Check your local laws. In some places its a crime to fire any short of "gun" within a certian distance of an occupied area.

Sean

The Spanish Inquisition
07-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Hey it beats my "range" which consists of a short hallway, my shower, some cardboard, and an old shower curtain.

elpimpo
07-11-2004, 03:17 AM
Check your local laws. In some places its a crime to fire any short of "gun" within a certian distance of an occupied area.

Sean

technically its not a gun its a marker

Setzer
07-11-2004, 03:21 AM
Yes, it is a gun, its just not a "firearm". Many laws out there lump paintball guns with firearms. In many places you cannot discharge a paintball gun in city limits.

Destructo6
07-11-2004, 03:42 AM
It would be courteous and proper to speak to your neighbors about it. They may have pets that freak out at the sound of a paintgun or may themselves freak out.

RRfireblade
07-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Would 'I' get mad? Probably not if I knew you well enough.

BUT.....

The setup you described is still an unsafe one.If there is ANY chance of a ball making it to the other side of the fence, it's a problem.And since you can't control bounces,ricochets and breaks in the gun that can cause highly erratic flight paths,have no netting or other controlled backstop eliminating the possibilty of a ball getting over or through the fence.....it's an unsafe situation, like it or not.

50 cal
07-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Are you in the city limits? If so, you can probably get into a bit of trouble. Most places consider anything that fires a projectile a firearm, gun, not a "technically a marker"

I wouldn't chance it. Go someplace else to test fire your "marker".

Chipper
07-11-2004, 10:07 AM
I live in pretty much a retirement communty cause my sister and I are the only people on my street who are younger then 50 and my parents are the only ones who aren't retired, so I was really cautious about shooting my mag out in this field behind all of the houses. The houses can all see me, but I shoot the other direction where there is nothing but woods for 2 miles then road. They have never had a problem with it.

In fact, 1 day 1 of my nieghbors came out, he is really nice, and asked what it was. So I explained paintball and my marker to him and happened to have my mask with me, so I could explain the safety of paintball to him also. It was pretty tight since I think I made a good impression.

So basically if you can find a safer place to shoot, shoot there. But if there is no such thing, then if someone asks explain what your doing.

Automaget
07-11-2004, 11:24 AM
actually im just out of city limits by about 1000 feet and technickly you can call it that the backstop is my fence i guess? i dont have a place to shoot it that is within close walking distence. i can drive there but then i cant just check out what i did to my marker and also i just really dont feel like driveing out there its about a good mile away. But then i guess most of you guys are saying mixed review :cry: .

LawnGnome7
07-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Hey it beats my "range" which consists of a short hallway, my shower, some cardboard, and an old shower curtain.

you shoot on house?

Fred
07-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I used to shoot in my basement before it was finished... just hung up a tarp to catch the paint... I have shot in my backyard, but i have a rather large woodpile in front of a 6' fence...

if i was you I'd set up a target in the corner of the yard, along the same fence, but so that you'd be shooting on an angle into the corner not directly at the neighbors...

you could get more distance this way too, by shooting diagonally across your yard...

shooting into a bucket or garbage can is a good idea... woodpiles too.

---Fred

Destructo6
07-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I shoot from inside my garage, out the side garage door, and into a bucket that sits on the upslope betwen my and the neighbor's homes. Nobody sees the gun.

Lohman446
07-11-2004, 09:32 PM
My closest nieghbor is a 1/4 mile away, so this isnt an issue for me.

But umm.. wouldnt it just be easier and polite to take to them about it, and see if they even care. Myabe invite them over and show them... (suggested above too)