PDA

View Full Version : What level do you consider yourself- pro,novice,etc.

Mega Man
10-16-2001, 07:58 PM
I consider myself amatuer. Our team is fairly good. We dont have a name or all look alike or even look that proffesional but we play pretty good. We've played in 2 novice topurnemnets and 2 amautuer, we placed 3rd in novice and 1rst the second time, in amauter we placed 5th and 3rd, all the tournemnts had about 15 teams entering in.

Miscue
10-16-2001, 08:02 PM
I'd put myself in the Incompetent category. "Most likely to shoot himself" award... I got one of those... :)

DarkPhoenix
10-16-2001, 08:02 PM
I find myself somewhere between an amateur and a novice.

Shaft
10-16-2001, 08:08 PM
Miscue beat me to it.
I'm terrible. I was playing back when constant air was some ultra exotic unfair advantage. Tom's Automag was a rumor spoken of in hush tones and promised to be out of my budget (I was wishing I could've afforded a Rapide back then).
Amd now to make up for my inability to play - I buy all that gear I couldn't have then. Ha Ha!! The Field will be mine! Oh yes, the field will be mine!!!

Miscue
10-16-2001, 08:11 PM
But hey, the point of this game is to have fun. Given, it's not so fun if you're in the dead box more often than not... but if you still got paint there's always next game.

Major Ho
10-16-2001, 08:32 PM
Miscue, Ill have a few trophies or plaques made up for us. Ill be the second most incompetent! Chea....buddy!

I have more fun looking pretty on the field that worrying about coming in first :D Someones gotta agree with me on this...

DJTmRave3
10-16-2001, 08:41 PM
All of Team Rave would be considered am. Since we have won tourneys in the am division, we must stay there. I can still qualify for the WPF Nov. division though. But if we played it as Rave, we could be disqualified.

PsychoMag
10-16-2001, 09:32 PM
I have 11 years of rec/tourney play. I think I can hang with the big boys in Am A. I think I am right between Am B and A.

Monsta
10-16-2001, 10:15 PM
l33T !!

Jonneh
10-17-2001, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Monsta
l33T !!

BWHAHAHAH!

me too... cough

SIGSays
10-17-2001, 06:53 AM
yeah, between a novice and amatuer..........

but yeah, i shot myself in the foot a few times

krafty
10-17-2001, 06:58 AM
Old.
Slow.
Are those catagories? :)

Temo Vryce
10-17-2001, 07:45 AM
I guess I would have to rank myself as being only as good as the team I play with. Paintball isn't a single player sport, it's a team effort. So if my team sucks so do I. If my team does really well so do I. But if I were to rank myself I would say in between novice and rookie.

StevoC
10-17-2001, 08:25 AM
Definately not pro...
Doubt I'm a novice...
Possibly an amatuer...
Not a newbie....

Hmm.....I guess I'm somewhere in Miscue's group.

Nitroduck
10-17-2001, 12:48 PM
I am novice.....I've played amature tourneys (even though I dont think it was truely amature).

You need to remember, just because your novice or amature doesn't mean your good/bad.....I've seen teams that play novice at some tourneys go play amature events and do very well. Likewise, I've seen novice and amature teams play rookie and get killed....."Rookie" in one place might mean a team consisting of 13 year olds using spyders/tippmanns....In another place, you might have 20 year olds with sponsorships using Emags, Angels and high end cockers. I've seen it both ways......

But having said that. I am novice to my knowledge.

A few places classify levels as such

Rookie - no tourney experiance
Novice - 1 year tournament experiance
Amature - 2 year tournament experiance

Another one classifies you as amature if you've won or placed in a tournament that if you won, you were given $250 in cash per person..

Yipe
10-17-2001, 12:55 PM
I agree with Temo Vryce 100%. When talking about tournament classifications, the individual's playing ability is nowhere near as important as the team's overall skill level.

I played 12 years of rec-ball and would usually dominate, even when playing stock-class in open play games. I figured that my experience would carry over playing on a team in tournaments. Boy was I wrong! The first tournament my team entered we came in dead last.

After practicing together for another two months, we ended up in 3rd place at our next outting, and then spanked another team last weekend in an exhibition game for TV. Still, I'd say as a team we are definitely rookies even though we have around 23 years of combined paintball experience between the 3 of us. From what I've heard from novice and amatuer players, your first year of tournies is the most fun anyway so I'm more than happy to be a rookie :)

Sincerely,

Matt

Flamebo
10-17-2001, 01:43 PM
How about "Experienced Newbie"?

I'm not tourney material, but I've been playing a few years can hold my own in speedball.

Mag89
10-17-2001, 02:09 PM
Novice

Dubstar112
10-17-2001, 02:46 PM
truly at heart. Novice, but i play ameteur

jas142
10-17-2001, 03:53 PM
Just to clear up some confusion, NOVICE teams are FAR from newbies. Novice teams are already organized teams that play in novice level tourneys, newbies are new players, or or people with an unorganized team, or oen that doesnt play tourneys or scenarios.

I consider myself novice... I'm captain of a 3 man team (used to 5, but we brought it down to 3 for better organization). We're all very good, atleast when we play other wlakon teams, but during tourneys, we're definatley novice :)

udtseal
10-17-2001, 05:25 PM
I play paintball. HOORAY! :p

InfinatyBPS
10-17-2001, 06:55 PM
My team is like a small step above Rookie, we all play alot and have cockers, mags, nova ect...

paintdevil1
10-17-2001, 07:00 PM
I'm on a novice 3 man team that only has 2 members ya our 3rd guy quit playing paintball and I only have 11 days to get a 3rd man for the tourney

TamaPlaya
10-18-2001, 01:50 AM
I am the invisible gunner. I am the fastest shooter. I am the person who blasts a hopper full of balls at you. I am the bravest person on the field. I am the most fearless foe you will fight. I am the sneakiest. I am the fastest. I am the person standing over your bunker... facing the other way... I am a newbie.