PDA

View Full Version : Body Question

Setzer
07-11-2004, 01:31 AM
I just ordered an RL ULE Custom with a WL mainbody. My question is, if my warpfeed stops working, or for one reason or another I can't or don't want to use it, is there any way to use a hopper without the warp? I'm guessing that the only way would be to buy a new body, and swap them when I want to. If that is the case, is it easy to do?

First time mag owner here, can you tell?

ZapTheMad
07-11-2004, 01:50 AM
2 screws and the whole gun comes apart. Nothing to it.

Setzer
07-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Thank you much. Also, are there 90* elbos out there to convert a center feed to a warp? My body won't be in for a while, so I could still change my order to get a center feed instead. Or any other suggestions?

Destructo6
07-11-2004, 02:13 AM
Also, are there 90* elbos out there to convert a center feed to a warp?
Don't Warp Feeds arrive with an elbow to do just that? Specifically, on page 31 of the Warp manual, it lists, "Part #1241 Warp Feed Adaptor - 90 Degree...90 Degree Feed adaptor is used with vertical feed markers...".

Setzer
07-11-2004, 02:27 AM
Well if thats the case, I guess I should switch to a CF. Would there be any disadvantages to using the 90* adapter? And thank you

trains are bad
07-11-2004, 08:11 PM
The warp body is a cleaner setup. It's just best. The center feed works fine and is more versatile. If you're rich, get both.

silentdeath55
07-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Talk to Bad_Dog. He sells metal 90* warp adapters. They are a million times stronger than the plastic AGD one that break after you use them. Also, they reduce the size of the setup. For around $10 shipped (I think) they are a great deal. Here is a link to the dealers thread.....

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=141156

Oh, he's on a fishing trip in Canada right now, but you can either send the MO to me and I will ship one out to you, or you can wait until he gets back.

shadowstryke13
07-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey Setzer, or anyone else who knows and cares to share,
i'm thinking of getting a ULE for my mag, but there's one piece of ignorance that's holding me back. If you're just going to throw a hopper ontop, how is it going to stay on :confused: If i was using a HALO i know that they make their feednecks thick so you can sand them down to fit properly. But right now i'm running an egg with a z-board- and the feed neck comes pretty thin with already questionable durability. Any help or enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

not a new mag owner, just, always had a PF ::shrugs::

Dayspring
07-14-2004, 12:03 PM
If you don't like the friction fit of the feedneck that comes with the body, and Angel threaded feedneck will work.

Setzer
07-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey Setzer, or anyone else who knows and cares to share,
i'm thinking of getting a ULE for my mag, but there's one piece of ignorance that's holding me back. If you're just going to throw a hopper ontop, how is it going to stay on :confused: If i was using a HALO i know that they make their feednecks thick so you can sand them down to fit properly. But right now i'm running an egg with a z-board- and the feed neck comes pretty thin with already questionable durability. Any help or enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

not a new mag owner, just, always had a PF ::shrugs::

I have one of these incomming:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136290

2004 Rogue Strangler Feedneck. He also has a center feed warp adapter that I ordererd as well.

shadowstryke13
07-15-2004, 11:39 AM
:bounce: PERFECT! that's exactly what i'm looking for! Thanks alot guys.

as usual, automags.org solves it