PDA

View Full Version : About the Modular Bodies

mag_pbg
10-16-2001, 08:01 PM
I was wondering if I could stick a regualr automag valve in it and have it work also would a regualr grip work on it¿

Xzion
10-16-2001, 08:54 PM
the stock A.I.R. valves should work in the Modular Mainbodies, as theyre designed to work with the ReTro Valve, and the ReTro Valve is designed to work in all stock automags, meaning it augt to work hehe :D though, im not sure about the grip frame, but I think it will work...

DJTmRave3
10-16-2001, 08:56 PM
I seriously doubt either would work. A standard Grip would not have the room inside the frame for the EMag board and stuff. A standard valve would not fit in one i dont believe. By the looks of the pics I have seen, the valve in the modular Emags maybe slightly diffent in the back.

Xzion
10-16-2001, 09:14 PM
Originally posted byDJTmRave3:
I seriously doubt either would work. A standard Grip would not have the room inside the frame for the EMag board and stuff. A standard valve would not fit in one i dont believe. By the looks of the pics I have seen, the valve in the modular Emags maybe slightly diffent in the back.

Firstoff, he never said ANYTHING about building an Electronic Modular mag, so, you wouldnt need to have the electronics in teh stock grip, though I know that with the proper setup, you can make a modular mag, theres a thread on it somewhere. And secondly, it would be COMPLETLY impractical to make a custom valve for the modular emag, its just a ReTro Valve, just like the RT PRO, and E-Mag, they wouldnt scrap the old style RT with the longer valve, to go and make an E-Mag with a custom valve. it would cost more and cause more problems in the long run. If you were designing it, would you build a body, then modify the valve to fit?? I certianly hope not. Anyone in their right mind would build the body around the valve they already have!

John Sosta, AGD Europe
10-18-2001, 02:32 PM
Xzion is right, yes you can fit a modular body to your Mag, and the valve will fit, as the Mag valve, E-Mag valve & the RETRO are all based on the same dimensions.
You would however need to buy an RT Pro Sear assy & Sear pin, as the modular body uses the threaded sear pin that's used on the RT Pro & E-mag.