PDA

View Full Version : Tank Question and Suggestions

louie
07-11-2004, 05:04 PM
My tank seems to be stuck to the ASA. I don't know what happened but for some reason it won't screw out of the unimount. I've tried using a strap wrench on the section connected to the threads and I've tried to take it out the normal way. As I was tryign to take it out, I noticed that the section with the fill nipple and the section with the threads were also moving. There isn't much moving but you can see it shift. Here's a picture:
http://iamlouie.com/gallery/albums/paintball/tank.sized.jpg
The pink arrows point to where its moving a little bit. Should I be worried about this? Does anyone have a suggestion how to take the tank off?

louie
07-11-2004, 05:08 PM
There had air in and I emptied it (by shooting). The tank didn't leak at all. I'm still not sure if it would be kosher to use or not.

MagAl
07-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Well I have no clue, those strap wrenches are pretty mean :dance:

Though I might suggest shooting it dry just incase you accidentally blow yourself up :O

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/042404cpsctank/index.shtml

louie
07-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Well I have no clue, those strap wrenches are pretty mean :dance:

Though I might suggest shooting it dry just incase you accidentally blow yourself up :O

The tank is completely empty now.

XbeasleyX
07-11-2004, 05:13 PM
first shoot as much out of the tank as possible then tighten those two grub screws as tight as you can without bustin um'. then grab the tank, take a second look at your hands and repeat "righty tighty, left loosey" and crank for all your worth. :headbang:

jesseyo13
07-11-2004, 05:14 PM
mabye an oring got twisted up in there between the tank threads and the asa threads?

louie
07-11-2004, 05:19 PM
mabye an oring got twisted up in there between the tank threads and the asa threads?

That's what I'm thinking. I hope its that and not because the threads got messed up. I'm trying right now with two strap wrenches and I'm getting nowhere.

andreb
07-11-2004, 05:30 PM
If tightening those screws to make sure the bonnet doesn't unscrew is not working try the opposite. Remove the screws, unscrew the tank and reg from the bonnet. Now you might have more room to work without the tank in your way. Get one of those rubber gloves used for washing the dishes, fold it in two, put it arround the bonnet and than use the wrench with the glove between it and the bonnet.

André

Big_Chops
07-11-2004, 06:01 PM
too bad you live so far away or i could get it off mit mein muscles.lol i dunno u could maybe spray it with some lube dunno if its safe tho so until you know for. good luck

louie
07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
I got it off. The tank o-ring seems to be fine, so I'm not sure what caused it to get stuck.

Thanks for all the help everyone.