PDA

View Full Version : Question about my MiniMag and Air.

Trojanoboy20002
07-11-2004, 08:02 PM
I just bought a MiniMag and I was wondering if it can run on co2. I am planning on buying Nitro soon but im not sure it i will have it by this saturday when I go out and play.

So is it ok to use a Minimag on Co2?

silentdeath55
07-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Welcome to AO! Yes, Minimags, and 68 Automags were originally designed to run off of CO2. On stock Minimags, notice that they come with a vert. bottle ASA. This is to keep liquid CO2 from entering the valve. If you get liquid CO2 into the valve, it will freeze up, or you will be shooting super fast (FPS, not BPS). The only thing you have to be carefull of is getting liquid CO2 into the valve. To do this, keep the bottom of the tank facing the ground or angles toward the ground whenever the marker isn't bein used. In the middle of a game, it isn't that big of a deal if you hold it the other way when shooting. If this doesn't make any sense, thats Ok. You will understand in a little bit.

Trojanoboy20002
07-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Welcome to AO! Yes, Minimags, and 68 Automags were originally designed to run off of CO2. On stock Minimags, notice that they come with a vert. bottle ASA. This is to keep liquid CO2 from entering the valve. If you get liquid CO2 into the valve, it will freeze up, or you will be shooting super fast (FPS, not BPS). The only thing you have to be carefull of is getting liquid CO2 into the valve. To do this, keep the bottom of the tank facing the ground or angles toward the ground whenever the marker isn't bein used. In the middle of a game, it isn't that big of a deal if you hold it the other way when shooting. If this doesn't make any sense, thats Ok. You will understand in a little bit.

Ok. Thanks. I understand it perfectly. Ive always been a Tippmann Fan, but Im expanding to Mags and they person i bought it from said It will run on nirto.

Thanks.

craltal
07-12-2004, 10:08 AM
As long as it doesn't have an x-valve or RT valve, It'll run on CO2 just fine. The valve should say on it what type of valve it is.

And I second the welcome.

daviselk
07-12-2004, 04:50 PM
You can go ahead and do it, but i have never ran mine on co2 just cause o hate it(besides when i use it to cool me off on a hotsummer day).

Cool fool!
07-13-2004, 05:25 PM
WELCOME TO AO! :dance: :D

P8ntBallBoom
07-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Yeah, CO2 will work. My friend ran his mini on CO2 for quite a while. I would definitely suggest using the vert ASA. Also, the faster you shoot, the more likely you are to freeze up the gun because the faster you shoot with CO2, the colder it gets.